“Very Nice Stay”

Amman Marriott Hotel
Ranked #11 of 149 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed January 19, 2012

My self and my oldest son stayed at this location for 2 nights in July. We found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. The room was well appointed, very clean and modern. Since we were tired at the end of the day we used room service 2 nights, the meals were good with fast courteous service. The breakfast buffet was high quality with attentive staff. I am planning on visiting Jordan again and will definitely stay at the Amman Marriott again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Ed M, Manager at Amman Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2012

Dear danielgriffin:

Thanks so much for posting your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor! We are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to being of service to you again on your return to Jordan.

Cheers

Reviewed January 15, 2012

THis hotel is not the most modern looking hotel I have ever stayed in nor is it the best Marriott I have ever stayed in but it does deliver great service and value. I recently stayed in this hotel whilst n a short business trip to Amman and I used the hotel for accomodation and for the business meeting.

THe Executive lounge was great with good food. I also had an issue trying to connect to the wifi on my tablet PC the hotel connectedme direct with their wifi provider and they helped me solve the isse - a great peice of customer service I thought.

THe room was very comfortable and ad all of the stuff you would expect. THe shower was a little smal for a 100KG 6ft 2 guy but manageable.

The restaurant provided a great buffet lunch for myself and my meeting delegates and the meeting room that I used was excellent with very helpful staff and especially technical staff helping to get all my delegates connected to the internet for the training I was giving.

I've mentioned wifi twice but do not let this put ou off - it works super fast and all throughout the hotel.

I would recomend this hotel for anyone travelling to Amman and lookng for somewhere central to stay

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Dear Gill37972:

Thanks so much for taking the time to put your feedback on trip Advisor! We appreciate your comments and your loyalty to our hotel and hope to serve you again in the future.

Cheers

Reviewed January 12, 2012

This property is rated a 5-star hotel. It was when it was built and had no competition. As such this an older contemporary resort hotel. It does not hold it's own with the other 5 star properties in the city. It is smaller, pushed together and a little cramped. Morning buffet is adequete- that's it. The sports bar is a bit pricey but does have 12 plus screens to watch events. They will tune NFL games in on polite request. Pool deck is comfy but can fill up to capacity easily. There are MANY special events held here as it is a popular spot with the local community. That means the pool may close at 5-6PM on a gorgeous evening. Too bad! Housekeeping is very hit or miss--tip or no tip. Rooms are clean & sanitary though. You can easily do better in Amman.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from pool side.Nice visuals during the day but can be very LOUD at night.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 11, 2012

It is for a 5 stars level. it is not excellent but it's enough for 5 stars. I was there 3 nights visiting Amman, and other near cities to Amman like Jerash, Ajloun. Also you can enjoy the spa area to relax in the evening everyday after a hard day of tourist. In standard double room Bed is size king, it is really nice, bathroom is Ok, restaurants are Ok, and Breakfast is OK.

Room Tip: I recomende this hotel in sessions with few Ocuppation, becasue it is cheaper.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2012

A very comfortable stay with clean rooms and friendly staff. Definitely the best hotel we stayed in Jordan. We were especially impressed with the food in the American Diner. We travelled through Egypt and Jordan on this trip and the quality of the food was generally dreadful so it was so nice to finally have something good to eat!
My only comment was it would have been nice to have free Wi-fi as this was quite expensive and it's amazing hotels still think they can get away with this!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Clare S:

Thanks so much for posting your wonderful review on Trip Advisor ! We are happy that you found our products and services enjoyable and look forward to seeing you again next time you visit Jordan.

Sincerely

Reviewed January 5, 2012

I checked in here yesterday for a 4 day break to relax. Room is fine nothing spectacular, bed is very comfortable and the pillows are to die for. There is no guest robe or toothpaste something I am use to in a 5 star, had to call for a toothbrush. After housekeeping had finished I went back to room, knock on the door to ask if all was ok, said bottled water had not been replaced, came back with water and I noticed the tea coffee had not been replaced. Issue was fixed. Had room service last night ordered soup, there were so many croutons in it thought i was eating bread sauce, main was cold and overcooked. Went to the bar for dinner ordered soup with croutons on the side, got no croutons, soup was ok, main was cold and couldn't eat it. Manager came over and asked if I wanted something else I said no, two bad meals is enough for me not to want more. He brought me a small plate of food, once again stone cold couldn't eat it. Came up to room, watching the news, tv dropped out, turn on series, tv dropped out. This happened the previous night but was so tired didn't care, tonight I do. Called receptions and asked if I will have to pay for the next two nights if I leave now, was offered fruit, I dont want fruit, I want to relax and watch a movie and know what I have to pay for. So I am sitting here waiting for a phone call after 30 mins nothing, tv not working. Have already checked the Sheraton rooms are available. Ten more mins and I am out of here unless there is a dramatic change.

Room Tip: Just done bother
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank sharolta
Ed M, Manager at Amman Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2012

Dear Sharolta:
On behalf of the Amman Marriott we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience and discomfort you have experienced with our services and products. Thank you so much for providing us with your candid feedback on our performance. Please rest assured that we take your comments seriously and that these comments will be used to take immediate corrective actions where needed. We will do our best to improve all of the issues you have brought to our attention and we would be honored to have you as our guest again in the future.

Regards,

Ed M

Reviewed January 5, 2012

I spent one beautiful night in this remarkable hotel. Its located in the heart of Amman, the hotel is nice, clean with very helpful staff. I booked executive suite and they provided me with extended check out hour. The food is taste with wide variety. The room is nice .. I love it..

Room Tip: Use the executive rooms in case you need to meet people at your room ( they have nice sitting room).
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Mohannad:

We are very pleased that you took the time to provide us feedback on your experience with us and thank you so much for for your kind remarks! We look forward to your next stay with us.