InterContinental Jordan
$131
$141
$122
$148
Amman Pasha Hotel(Amman)(Great Value!)
$38
  • Pool
$101
$91
2,103 results
All reviewsthe club loungethe mexican restaurantcinco de mayoroom attendantrainbow streetspecial thanksthe entire staffdeluxe roomshawarmabusiness tripoutdoor poolfitness centerguest relationshome away from homeexcellent hotelan upgradebreakfast buffet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Well located in Amman, well appointed rooms, great service. The hotel has a great choice of restaurants including Indian and Lebanese cuisine which I can recommend. Its not cheap but I managed to get an excellent business rate, breakfast was one of the best I have had in the Middle East.

Room Tip: Try to get an out facing room
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Antoine F, Resident Manager at InterContinental Jordan, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Martyn S,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a delightful review on Trip Advisor from your recent stay with us at InterContinental Jordan. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I sincerely appreciate you complementing our facilities especially our F&B outlets.

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our efforts to provide outstanding services and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make our hotel a leader in excellence.

On behalf of the hotel, we look forward to welcome you again

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Arrived at the hotel at 4am because of BA's strange flight timings on this route.We were initially given a smoking room , was told no non-smoking rooms available! After telling them we would not be staying and walked out of room did they upgrade us to a non-smoking room.
Room was great , comfortable beds , elemis toiletries.
Breakfast good and plentiful , fantastic freshly squeezed OJ.
Housekeeping service prompt , excellent business centre , efficient and helpful.
Only downsides would be the food in the Mexican restaurant was very poor and service was non existent, topped off by the fact some people do not smoke and there was no real area for eating without the smell of smoke.
The other area would be the reception staff not in any way were they warm or friendly , not would u would expect from the usual friendliness of Jordanians, they do not make for a good impression of their country.

• Stayed: March 2013
Antoine F, Resident Manager at InterContinental Jordan, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Delsey76,

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding InterContinental Jordan. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your experience during your recent stay. I would like to deeply apologize for any inconvenience you may have endured during your stay at our hotel in particular your experience at the Mexican restaurant.

These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make our hotel a leader in excellence.

Once again, we are grateful for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future. We all hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I am frequent visitor to this Hotel,my family and I have always enjoyed our stays. It's happening that tomorrow the Hotel is celebrating its 50th anniversary, you can tell that every one is engaged and motivated to celebrate the event. But this is not the reason that I have a feeling the Hotel is much more welcoming, the staff feel, look, and perform happily.

After a long and delayed flight with a minor accident on the way to the Hotel from the airport, the arrival experience made me forget all what I have been through, three employees were at reception on my check in, with a good guests traffic, Abdurahman checked me in in no time, yet Ashraf and Rita being busy with other work, still managed to extend their warm welcome. Thank you indeed.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear RI24,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we are pleased to know that we were able to meet your expectations during your recent stay at our InterContinental Jordan.

It is truly rewarding when a valuable guest like you recognizes our efforts to provide outstanding services and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make our hotel a leader in excellence.

On behalf of the hotel, we look forward to welcome you again

Antoine Flotuy

Reviewed March 15, 2013

i chose this hotel because it was recommended in Lonely Planet guidebook as their "Top Pick". THE GOOD - we were a company of three travellers and they gave us an extra bed free of charge; the breakfast buffet was quite nice - a good selection of food and drinks including bottled water and Nespresso type coffee; the hotel's in the well to do neighbourhood and is right opposite a couple of decent restaurants. THE BAD - the room was old and outdated. Smelled a little stagnant. Also found some ?biscuit crumbs between the cushions on the couch which made me wonder if the room had been cleaned properly. And no free wifi - it was 12 dinars for one day access. I would have at least liked to be able to pay for hourly rates. Overall, it's not a terrible hotel but you'll be disappointed like I was if you expect a five star luxury.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank shanzx

Dear Shanzx,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Jordan as a residence whiles your stay in Amman. We really appreciate you dedicating the time and effort to write us your prompt feedback

It is our goal to consistently provide finer service and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests like you enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed here from 7 to 14 February, finally to cross Petra off my bucket list. I arrived in Amman aboard British Airways VERY early in the morning (2:40am) and was greeted at Queen Alia International by the transport service I had pre-arranged with the hotel. After the 30km or so drive from the airport, I arrived at the hotel where my check in was very quick and smooth. I had gone to Amman without having researched it at all and put myself completely in the hands of the hotel's concierge and they certainly came through wonderfully.
Through the concierge (many, many thanks to Mohammed who was so incredibly helpful at all times), I arranged a short city tour of downtown Amman including the Roman Amphitheatre and the Amman Citadel on 7 February; a visit to the Royal Automobile Museum and the Amman Station of the Hejaz Railway on 8 February; a trip down to the Dead Sea and the Baptism Site on 9 February; a trip to the ruins at Jerash on 10 February; Petra on 11 February; Jerusalem, Bethlehem and Jericho on 12 February and a return to the Amman Hejaz Railway Station on 13 February (it was closed on 9 February, being a Friday).
I ate breakfast at the hotel except for my last day. The buffet was excellent with every thing from hot dishes to all sorts of breads, fresh fruit and vegetables. The breakfast staff were all to a person very gracious, warm and hospitable and after a couple of days, began to call me by name.

The room itself was on the 7th floor, overlooking the front courtyard of the hotel. It was clean, comfortable and a good size. My room was perfectly made up, usually when I was down for breakfast.

I also ate at the hotel's Mexican, Lebanese and Indian restaurants and I found that the Indian restaurant suited my taste the best. Again, the service was gracious and attentive.

Does this hotel have all the sleek, ultra-modern bells and whistles? No. Does it have about the best staff I have ever encountered in any of my travels? Absolutely.

I had been wanting to see Petra for many, many years, even before INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE. Thanks to this hotel, this was indeed a memorable trip of a lifetime. My ethnic background is Turkish, so it was a very moving experience for me to visit lands that were once part of the Ottoman Empire and I felt a bond with each place I visited. The staff at this hotel truly treated me like an OSMANLI BEYEFENDI (Ottoman gentleman) the entire time I was there and I shall be forever grateful to them for the excellent care they took of me, their hospitality...EVERYTHING!!

Room Tip: Just stay here!!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Dear MisrEmiri,

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding InterContinental Jordan. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay especially your experience at our Indu restaurant.

On behalf of the hotel, we look forward to welcome you again next time you visit Jordan.