The Intercontinental is everything you would expect from a top hotel - great facilities and excellent service.
Our room was fairly big, with a writing table and comfortable chair along with a bed so big I think it has it's own postcode. The bathroom had both a bath and a walk-in shower, and was fitted out to a high standard.
When we went to breakfast each morning there was a free english-language Jordanian newspaper waiting for us hanging on the door handle. Breakfast itself was a wide-ranging buffet, with more choice than you could ever want.
I was lucky enough to spend four nights here and made several trips to the spa. Most of the time I had the jacuzzi and sauna to myself, and the pool never had more than three people in at any one time.
The hotel has three restaurants, and I tried all of them during my stay. They were OK (and the Indian and Mexican restaurants made a nice change from the usual Middle East fare) but not up to the standard of the rest of the hotel.
The hotel is expensive, and you could argue it can never justify the price. But you can see where the money goes, and if you can afford it then you will have a good stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Jordan is well-established as the area s best business hotel,but leisure travellers are equally at home in the deluxe surroundings. Situated atop one of Amman s seven hills, the hotel is in the heart of the business district, within walking distance of the city centre and a short taxi ride from popular sites such as the Citadel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Amman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Jordan Hotel Amman
- Intercontinental Hotel Amman
- Intercontinental Hotel Jordan