“Comfortable and Convenient”

InterContinental Jordan
Ranked #2 of 152 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This hotel is located 15 minutes walk to Rainbow Street, which honestly isn't all that fabulous, 1/1.5 Dinar taxi ride to Downtown Amman, which is way more interesting. We stayed in a Club room which although more expensive is definitely more comfortable and cheaper in the long run. You get free wifi (otherwise costs 17 JD per day) breakfast, snacks, drinks in the Club Lounge, which is a lovely oasis of peace in the city. Helpful staff and great service, totally recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank avtaar
Nidal A, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Jordan, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear Avtaar

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.

It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our services and Staff efforts, Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make Intercontinental Jordan a leader in excellence.

Looking forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future at Intercontinental Hotel Jordan.

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,989)

Reviewed October 23, 2012

The hotel has a problem with correcting credit card billing discrepancies.
I was erroneously billed for a one night stay and trying to get refunded or information on the refund process of credit card funds becomes a nightmare.
The hotel management stops answering inquiry calls and email messages.
I find this extremely unprofessional from a well renowned hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Khaled A

Dear Mr. Khaled

Thank you for your email regarding your wife experience with us during her recent stay, we apologize for the inconvenience caused.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. I appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

In regards to the credit card charge and the misunderstanding caused during the check-in and out, I will follow up personally with credit department and make sure all solved, and In addition, in an effort to retain your patronage and to demonstrate our commitment to guest satisfaction, please accept this letter as an invitation to return to our hotel for a complimentary upgrade to one of our newly renovated Club Suite with Club Lounge Access and 2000 Reward points to be credit to your PCR Accounts.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose Intercontinental Hotel Jordan for your future travel needs.

Front Office Manager.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

The hotel is luxurious and the facilities match this, the restaurants offer variety but are expensive, the Gym an swimming pool are equipped well and well staffed. The downside are the Internet and laundry charges, $30 for a days Internet, one shirt was $10! The Jordanians are really friendly and incredibly helpful.

1  Thank Alan O

Dear Mr. Alan,

Thank you for choosing to stay at InterContinental Jordan. I very much appreciate that you took the time for sharing your delightful experience during your stay at our Hotel. .

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at InterContinental Jordan on your next visit and thank you for your comments.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

In the past, my office has reserved a room for me at a sister ICH Group hotel in Amman and I have never been pleased due to wait staff in the breakfast room and behind the counter. So the office switched me to the Intercontinental. Now I'm convinced that the ICH Group hires the same people to train their wait staff in Amman at their hotels.

I checked in for three nights and was met by a sullen counter agent. When I could not find my Priority Club card, she sneered and motioned toward the concierge. This is a drastic change from when I stayed there some time ago. Then, I was greeted by name and the process of checking in was quite pleasant. I know from working in in the region for many years that the local culture does not understand customer service, but if you're brand conscious you would think an international hotel chain would make the extra effort to counter this cultural deficiency.

The breakfast crew are just as hopeless as their counterparts at the Crowne Plaza -- no peripheral vision. I tried to get a young lady's attention and she walked right past me, eyes straight ahead towards the kitchen, oblivious to my voice. I got up and stood in front of her and asked for a cappuccino for my wife and coffee for me. The cappuccino arrived but no coffee. So I had to get someone else's attention. And at the end of breakfast they did bring me an evaluation card to fill out, which I did. So somebody's paying attention. But why not just train them to keep their eyes on their guests and mitigate the drama?

The next day in the breakfast room, waitstaff twice tried to remove my plate with cheese on it. Right next to it was an empty bowl that had had fruit in it, but they didn't focus on that. Instead they wanted to take a plate I was still eating from! Again, their sister hotel waitstaff pull the same stunt, so I'm convinced now it's the training they get. The ICH Group hotels are the only ones where I've experienced this - eating from a plate and someone reaches in and wants to take it!

But the breakfast room is very pleasant - under a dome and well lit. Selection is very good, including some pork cold cuts (ham and salami). And the tables are well spaced so you're not listening to others' conversations.

But I find this hotel way overpriced. My wife and I had a drink in the lobby cafe while waiting for our driver - she a lemon juice and I a beer. The bill came to almost $22.00!!! The next evening, we wanted something light so we ate in the Mexican themed restaurant and we each had a bowl of soup and a large mineral water. The bill exceeded $35.00 with tip.

The room was adequate but the sitting area was cramped. Again, like their sister hotel, few places to store the luggage, no drawers to put away socks, belts and underwear and minimal space to hang your clothes.

The bathroom was superlative - both a glass shower stall with a rain forest shower head and a bathtub with shower in it. Very spacious but little counter top to store your toiletries.

At almost $300/night all in, I think this hotel does not represent good value.

1  Thank Douglas A

Dear Mr. Doulgas

Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to my attention and apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to recent stay.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose Intercontinental Hotels for your future travel needs.

Nidal M, Alayan

Reviewed October 15, 2012

How can a luxury hotel already charging top dollar for its rooms justify this outrageous charge.. It cannot,

The rooms are not luxurious .. at least mine weren't

The A/C was noisy .. The Location was good and the service good..But it was the Internet Charge that really got me.

We enjoyed Jordan Immensely and stayed in four five star hotels all over the country only one provided free internet.

Service in all was good to excellent .. none were bargains

But next time we come to Amman we will try to find a five star hotel that provides free internet .. there is nothing worse than staying in a hotel needing the internet to do business and paying more in a day for Internet than you pay in a month at home.

Sorry Intercontinental.. we won't be coming back!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newly refurbished rooms .. we weren't offered one but I understand they exist
1  Thank Gryphon2

Dear Gryphon2

Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay with us, we greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced as we were unable to honor free internet.

Your experience enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed here on three occasions as part of a tour over September and October. Overall it's nice, but not great, and expensive. The rooms are decent, food at the two restaurants are pretty good. Everything is pretty pricey though by Jordanian and international standards. Drinks and water are extremely expensive. They are making a killing on this. They don't have free Wifi, which should be standard by now (2 other hotels we have stayed in, in Amman have free Wifi). They charge 25 JD per day which is outrageous in my opinion. A tip for anyone staying here, go buy drinks at the cafe directly across the road and use their free Wifi, it will save you bundles of money and the setting is nicer. If you don't mind the cost of drinks, the indoor and outdoor bars can be pretty nice in the evenings when there are more people around and the place gets an atmosphere.

The staff were ok, we encountered much friendlier and warmer service at the three other hotels we stayed at in Jordan. The service wasn't bad, just feel indifferent about it.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Mr. Sir,

Reviewed October 13, 2012

My recent 4 nt. visit was quite shocking!! It was brought to my attention by a member of the group I was trvlg. with that I was not staying at the hotel. After checking with reception I was advised that there was no such person (as myself) staying at the hotel. I was totally shocked as they took a copy of my passport on arrival. I asked to speak to the Manager and advised him of the situation and if there was an emergency there would be no way my family could contact me as they would be told I was not staying there. This to me is a very, very serious matter. I asked the manager to e-mail my dtr. and advise her that I was staying there and would be checking out in the morning and to please give me a copy of the e-mail. This was not done even though I was assured it would be looked after. There is no excuse for this terrible service. I would also like to point out, the power failed once and it took awhile before it was looked after and also the air conditioning failed. All in all, I would never, recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank lorna h
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Jordan, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear lorna h,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at InterContinental Jordan. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen G.