InterContinental Jordan
$104
$141
$123
Agoda.com
Amman Pasha Hotel(Amman)(Great Value!)
$33
$28
  • Restaurant
$142
$103
  • Pool
2,186 results
All reviewsthe club loungethe mexican restaurantcinco de mayoroom attendantrainbow streetspecial thanksthe entire staffdeluxe roomshawarmabusiness tripoutdoor poolfitness centerguest relationshome away from homeexcellent hotelan upgradebreakfast buffet
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Beautiful and luxureous hotel, with excellent staff and good restaurants. Swimming pool is not special, but that is hardly to expect in the centre of a major city. Staff is eager to convince you to take an upgrade, even if you are already Ambassador. Clublounge is good, service in the lounge is very good and the clubrooms are excellent. Without any doubt my favourite hotel in Amman.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Robin J
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

I had a lovely 10 nights at the Intercon. After staying at several other 5 star hotels in Amman I found this the best. Location and dining choices are the best. Staff are friendly and helpful. What prevented a 5 star rating is that often you have to ask do things 2 or 3 times to get it "right". My renovated room was excellent. Nice bathroom with both shower and bath. Very quiet. Great pool. Excellent breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed here for 3 days on business.
Breakfast nice although in a fairly tatty room
Outside pool area bit dirty but good pool
Housekeeping disastrous - found 2 half eaten packets of crisps in minibar
Rationing of toilet rolls bizarre - had to request 1 roll at a time!!
No tissues in the room
Felt like 3 star service not the intercontinental I am used to
Conference facilities mediocre too - gave a lecture and screen was way too small for the room used and lighting set up poor so as a speaker I had to be in darkness to see the screen

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Jordan, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear respiratorytraveller,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am pleased that you have enjoyed the breakfast served during your stay. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the housekeeping services may have caused you. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Janice A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I and my partner just got back from a week tour in Jordan. We stayed four nights at the InterContinental and we loved it!

1. Helpful and kind staff: they addressed all our queries and requests in a timely and precise manner. They helped us no problem in checking out one day prior to what we originally communicated by mistake and with no additional fees!

2. Outstanding food: one of the best buffet breakfast we have ever tried! An amazing variety and selection food, including great Jordan food. All was freshly made, beautifully presented and the staff are always ready to help with specific requests e.g. I have some food allergies and they thoroughly checked safe food options for me. We also tried all the restaurants there and we were very impressed by the high quality of both food and service. The Arabic one is simply perfect and I am still dreaming about the soft and warm freshly hand-made bread that we had there! The Indian is of outstanding quality and the outdoor dining room is very pleasant. The Mexican was good as well. At times, all restaurants can be very busy and a little noisy - we therefore preferred eating relatively early (at around 19:00) and have a more relaxing time. Even at busy times, the service is still quick and very good.

3. Very good location: though we had a driver picking us up every morning for different tour visits, we could walk around no problem as the hotel is very central. Amman is a huge city though and one needs a car to properly visit it.

4. Excellent facilities: nice outdoor swimming pool, though in the shade from relatively early afternoon. Beautiful spa, a bit expensive but in line with similar hotels' prices world-wide. Very nice room, pretty big and with an amazing bathroom (AND all those lovely dead sea products!!!). The TV was a little old fashion but big and with a good variety of channels. No movie channel available. Within the hotel complex - which is huge and with a pretty impressive marble lobby - there are little shops and beauty salons. I and my partner had our haircuts there and we are very pleased with it!

Looking forward to visiting it again!~

Room Tip: Higher floors facing the hotel's entrance are quieter - I would avoid the ones facing the restaurants downstairs.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carla C
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I don't often stay at the Intercon - in fact it is some years since I routinely used to escape to the Borobudur - so I came with some expectation of something a bit special. I did not have a bad stay. The hotel, staff, food, service are all generally OK. But for the Intercon I was expecting something....well a bit better.
The positives first:
Club Floor Meeting Room - excellent furnishings, good service, nice location for a meeting and very accommodating staff.
Lobby area - good for informal meetings and decent service. Food / drink options a bit uninspiring.
Location and general appearance - all OK
Staff - good and some great. Breakfast was a bit of a letdown here.

Now the areas that did not impress.
Breakfast - rubber scrambled eggs. Service just passable. Layout and choice.....4 star not 5
Rooms - comfortable, decent size, nice bathroom but....old TV, poor quality reception, limited channel choice and do they still make big old CRT screens?
Checkin / Checkout....major area of concern. 14 people waiting to checkout with 2 people working the desk.
A. - put more staff on checkin / checkout. Time is precious and I'm unimpressed about being kept waiting.
B - get better systems. I can't believe that the Intercon is using outdated, time consuming, inefficient software at front desk. Time is moving on and you'll be left behind unless you innovate and come up with what you customers are expecting......e.g. 30 second checkin. Automated checkout.

Would I stay again....yes for sure
But I would first look at other options where the hotel was not so dependent on its name rather than the substance of its service

Room Tip: Go for club rooms or asked for a refurbished room (assuming that they have a refurbishment program underway?)
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank kontiki-T60
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Jordan, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear kontiki-T60,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your wonderful comment regarding out meeting room and out staff.

However, We’re sorry about the lack of staff in check in area, the room amenities and the poor breakfast selection. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.