I don't often stay at the Intercon - in fact it is some years since I routinely used to escape to the Borobudur - so I came with some expectation of something a bit special. I did not have a bad stay. The hotel, staff, food, service are all generally OK. But for the Intercon I was expecting something....well a bit better.
The positives first:
Club Floor Meeting Room - excellent furnishings, good service, nice location for a meeting and very accommodating staff.
Lobby area - good for informal meetings and decent service. Food / drink options a bit uninspiring.
Location and general appearance - all OK
Staff - good and some great. Breakfast was a bit of a letdown here.
Now the areas that did not impress.
Breakfast - rubber scrambled eggs. Service just passable. Layout and choice.....4 star not 5
Rooms - comfortable, decent size, nice bathroom but....old TV, poor quality reception, limited channel choice and do they still make big old CRT screens?
Checkin / Checkout....major area of concern. 14 people waiting to checkout with 2 people working the desk.
A. - put more staff on checkin / checkout. Time is precious and I'm unimpressed about being kept waiting.
B - get better systems. I can't believe that the Intercon is using outdated, time consuming, inefficient software at front desk. Time is moving on and you'll be left behind unless you innovate and come up with what you customers are expecting......e.g. 30 second checkin. Automated checkout.
Would I stay again....yes for sure
But I would first look at other options where the hotel was not so dependent on its name rather than the substance of its service
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Jordan is well-established as the area s best business hotel,but leisure travellers are equally at home in the deluxe surroundings. Situated atop one of Amman s seven hills, the hotel is in the heart of the business district, within walking distance of the city centre and a short taxi ride from popular sites such as the Citadel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your InterContinental Amman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Jordan Hotel Amman
- Intercontinental Hotel Amman
- Intercontinental Hotel Jordan