“Decent hotel, nice staff”
Review of Holiday Inn Amman

Holiday Inn Amman
Ranked #24 of 150 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed July 3, 2013

There was a lot to like about this hotel. It was clean and fairly modern. The rooms were a good size and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast buffet was fine, although the service in the restaurant was always a little off. It took a while to get anyone's attention and then a long time to get what you requested. Lunch and dinner were fine as well, but I thought the prices were a little high for what you got. The pool area looked very nice, even though I never had a chance to use it. The gym was very basic - a few treadmills, machines and free weights. The jacuzzi was "under renovation" when I was there, but I got the sense it had been like that for a while.

Housekeeping was friendly, if a little clumsy. I was jet-lagged and in desperate need of a lunchtime nap between meetings. I told him not to clean the room. He said he would just wash the glasses. When I returned five minutes later, he had somehow managed to break the curtain rod, so that took another 30 minutes for someone to come and fix it. Needless to say, I didn't get my nap.

As far as the location, the neighborhood seemed to be in transition. There was either a lot of buildings going up or coming down, and several empty, overgrown lots. There was absolutely nothing to see in the immediate vicinity, although there was a huge, very nice traditional restaurant just down the street and then a main commercial street not much further. Amman is not particularly pedestrian friendly - there are barely any sidewalks and the overpasses to cross the street are far apart. The commercial street had some popular sweets, nuts and coffee shops. Within the hotel, there is a gift shop and barber shop.

Overall, this is a good, moderate-priced business hotel. We had a three-day meeting here and everyone was friendly and helpful. If you're looking for more interesting or nicer surroundings, I'd stay elsewhere, but otherwise it's totally acceptable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Amman, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear TravelerNYC2013,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. However, we are thankful that you enjoyed your stay despite some issues. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn, Amman for one night in june 2013 -
reached hotel around 11 am,rooms were not ready yet
MY room was on the 10th floor overlooking the swimming pool- the room was good, clean ,and nice but the main problem was the noise especially my room was looking at the swimming pool
there was a wedding at the swimming pool

The buffet breakfast was delicious ,,with many good choices
So it's ok

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Amman, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear rania187,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. It is very pleasing to know that you liked your room as well as the breakfast. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had over the noise that you have encountered during your stay. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is. Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Classical Holiday Inn Hotel in Amman. Together with our Travelfellows, we did went there for one Week. Friendly Employee at the Reception and they also give us good Recommendations for Restaurants and Shopping. Good and clean Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank freshbluewaterbeach
Ismail A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amman, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear Mr. Freshbluewaterbeach

Thank you for letting us know about your very positive experience during your last visit with us. We are glad to read your positive comments .

Until your next stay with us, Please accept our gratitude and warm regards.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

typical holiday inn in amman. it was a short trip to amman and we did spend 2nights at this hotel, wich is not in the middle of the center, but in a calm area and there was a shopping mall just 10 minutes drive away. nice decorated and the swimmingpool was good too.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrHolidaygo8
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I've stayed a few times in Amman and I found this hotel to be very good based on personnel and room cleanliness. The breakfast was good and good choice.
Beds are decent quality and the room was basic but clean

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 17, 2013

As the most of hotels in Amman, I have felt it's pricy.
The accommodation were good, restaurant is clean, housekeeping boys were he best in the hotel. I would like o thank gem because they helped me to find my mobile phones during the receptionist was very lazy to move. The international calls were not available from my room and it was an emergency case to do phone call.
Anyhow I recommend you to go there, they still the best as long as your budget lower than 200 USD per night

Room Tip: Don't forget to be join priority club program