“good hotel”

Ranked #32 of 144 Hotels in Amman
London, United Kingdom
“good hotel”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Holiday inn Amman have nice Front Desk Staffs and clean rooms. It is 15mins away from downtown Amman.

Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
HolidayInnAmman, Manager at Holiday Inn Amman, responded to this review, November 19, 2011
Dear Mr. Mark,

Best Regards from Rainy Amman. The Weather is Amman is so beautiful at this time of the year.

Thanking you for have the time to write us your review regarding your stay experience at Holiday Inn Amman.

Your review is what helps us on enhancing our service.

Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 28, 2011

I just came back from my Amman trip yesterday and stayed with holiday inn Amman for business. Front Desk Staffs were nice, 3 of them smiles a lot and the others were fine. Certainly all of them were helpful. If I'm going for pleasure, I will not stay on this hotel since it's 10-15mins away from downtown or old Amman. Would like to mingle more of the locals. However, one of the malls is just 3blocks from the hotel. You can walk and check the area. Hopfeully after couple more years, the blank area around the hotel will have buildings already as they are currently constructing. Restaurants are also on 5mins walk. In terms of amenities, I'm not sure in Amman but everything has a payment, take the pool or go to gym has corresponding fee which is unusual to me. The room was nice, it was clean and with a good view. The only thing I didnt like is the coffee tray, I guess it was forgotten to be cleaned by the housekeeping, it's clearly used as there's still a trace of coffee sip marks, the spoon is also not clean. I called the reception and told about it but unfortunately until next day it was not replaced stil.. So I wrote a note for housekeeping and indeed its the best way to sort the issue. It also happened to my colleague who was just on the next room. Other than that everything is well. The hotel seems new and a suggested place for business trips.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear Ms. Karren,

Best Regards from Rainy Amman. Appreciating your time to write us your review.
Your note for the unclean Coffee Tray has been taken into consideration by the Housekeeping, and has been worked on.
Kindly dont hesitate to send us any more notes as it will help the hotel in keeping a high standars.
Thanking you again for your review and looking forward for your next trip.

Hotel Management
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Front desk stuff were always friendly & warm welcomed , room service stuff were nice, Nice location.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
London
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I stayed here back in September for about two weeks. Reading the other reviews before I arrived I certainly agree its not a five-star hotel as much as they might like to think. However, looking at comparative prices on Expedia I see that its a lot cheaper than the 'real' five star places like the Sheraton (say 75% of the price) and so on that basis I'd suggest its still OK but you need to treat it like a typical Holiday Inn with say 3-4 star equivalent in other countries and you should be fine.

Lets face it, the Holiday Inn brand is very tired these days and they haven't really done much to update it even in the UK. However, the rooms are a good size and - while they need a bit of maintenance; you know, sinks that don't empty quickly, furniture a bit knackered - its bearable.

Also, at a 5-star hotel I wouldn't expect to keep phoning housekeeping to fill up the tea and coffee supplies - this would be done automatically on a daily basis. You would also expect that the mini-bar would be full from Day 1 and not only filled on Day 8! Not that I use the thing.

Breakfast is 'free' apparently - only trouble is the small plates: 'side' not 'dinner' size so I always ended up with 3 so as to get a decent meal. Perhaps they are trying to get people to eat less by reducing the plate diameter? The food itself is reasonable, although can't say the sausages - the only hot 'breakfast'-type meat available - were 'beef' as they said they were. Just short-nosed frankfurters if you ask me.

TV was not particularly good - the news channels were mainly in Arabic (even the BBC) and the one slightly-acceptable 'English' language one, CNN, (which has the incredibly irritating BBC reject Richard Quest - how DID he fool the Yanks into believing he was actually any good? - and the gravelly voiced, and equally irritating, Shouting Becky Anderson) went belly up on about day 4 and only showed a test card. When I complained to the management they just switched it off to a black screen - really helpful. It only came back on my last day. I'm afraid the two other 'news' channels - CNBC and Bloomberg - are incredibly boring and business orientated. There were, however, some good film channels. I even managed to watch England beat the West Indies at the Oval and see some good South African Currie Cup rugby on one channel. Of the Rugby World Cup or Premier League football there was nothing, although there was an 'Inside the Premier League' programme with John Barnes speaking impeccable Arabic. I got all excited that it was a prelude to that night's PL match, but when kickoff time at Jordanian 8pm arrived they carried on talking about Norwich City in Arabic! Poor John - what you have to do to earn a buck these days.

Judging what I was told by some locals, phones and broadband in Jordan are pretty cheap so to charge 24 hours internet access at 14JD (about £12.50) is pretty steep, especially as they don't apparently give bulk discount for multiple days.

The staff were reasonably friendly and the service wasn't that bad,for a 3- or 4-star hotel. The beds were comfortable, the aircon worked fine and generally the place was OK.

As I was working very hard while in Amman I didn't get a chance to check out the other facilities so can't comment on the pool or gym.

Anyway, that's my report - hope it helps someone. And a final note to the hotel manager - looking at the other negative reviews, if you are going to respond, then promise to do something about the issues and follow through. Don't just write platitudes: they will alert potential customers to the fact that you are probably quoting from the Holiday Inn manual on how-to-quickly-get-up-your-clients'-noses and this won't impress anybody.

Room Tip: Be very sure when booking to insist on a non-smoking room - those of you new to the Middle East may...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Blikskottel
Hampshire, England
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Many of the previous reviews have summarised the issues at this hotel.
We had booked an Executive floor room and the website promised dinner canapes and drinks, free minibar, breakfast and wifi. Sort of standard for an Exec club.
On arrival we were told the rate did not include breakfast and we were even more surprised when we got to the 13th floor where there was no Exec lounge. The bedrooms and bathrooms are comfortable but past their best. We queried the wifi and breakfast with the reception and were told this would be sorted on the bill the following morning.
Location is good and the facilities (fitness centre and pool) are good. Staff variable.
However, I would not stay here again as the hotel simply does not deliver what it promises. It must update its website to truly reflect what is on offer.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnAmman, Manager at Holiday Inn Amman, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
Dear Mr. Peter,

Best Regards from Holiday Inn Amman.

Appreciating the time to writing your review regarding the stay experience at our Hotel.
Holiday Inn Amman does not have an executive lounge for that reason canapes are not offered.
We are looking at the hotel web page to review its content as it must reflect 100% the exact guest benefits.

Thanking you again and looking forward for your next stay to change your views and idea regarding our hotel.

Hotel Administration

Travelers are raving about these Amman hotels

Revere, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Extremely very rude person in the recepition " Abu Malik with Hat".
They claimed I made a phone call that lasted 7 hours ... I couldn't verify at checking out time since I was flying to US .....

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank MOHAMMAD16
HolidayInnAmman, Manager at Holiday Inn Amman, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Dear Sir,

We do thank you for dedicating the time to write your review.
We value your points mentioned.

Looking forward for an upcoming stay at our Hotel. Please do contact us before your arrival date.
Hotel email address: ----.

Dawmat Al Jandal - KSA
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I have just been to the Holiday Inn Amman for one of my regular beer runs from Saudi Arabia with a couple of collegues.

I decided to stay in the HI rather than the Intercontinental where I usually stay as the rate was good (its come down a lot from last year). I was very nervous about staying in this property following the reviews I have read on this site - whoever wrote them are talking rubbish.

Whilst I agree that saying this hotel cannot be considered a 5 star one it does not take away from the fact it is a nice one that justifys the rate they charge. The rooms are clean, modern and of a decent size. The pool is excellent and well sited, though slightly busy with locals (I assumed a lot of the people at the pool area were not guests) but there were enough seats to go around so no problems there. The only problem we had was the slightly slow service at the pool but it wasnt a major problem.

We ate lunch at the pool which was nice enough, and for us it was a good feature having the French quarter in the hotel. This is a bar/ disco type thing and although it does say couples only on the door this does not apply to hotel guests.

Overal I think this is a good property and I would have no hesitation staying again in the future.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank peterbow
HolidayInnAdmin, Manager at Holiday Inn Amman, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Dear Peterbow,

Greetings from the sunny Amman. We would like to thank you for taking your time to write a detailed review of your holiday experience at Holiday Inn Amman on Trip Advisor and we are most happy to know that you enjoyed the stay at our hotel.

We are always opened for feedback, which enable us to constantly improve our service. We would like to update you on your point regarding the service at the Pool Area, that your point has been taken into consideration and will be improved.

We thank you once again for your review and hope there will be another opportunity to welcome you back to our resort in the future.