1,739 results
All reviews cafe vienna black iris jasmine lounge pool bar thank you very much nice smile warm hospitality special thanks top floor main restaurant business trip front office non smoking very nice hotel the club lounge ezzat claire
Reviewed February 20, 2015

I highly recommend this Hotel to people seeking a great stay in Amman. Despite the facilities and the services provided by the hotel, I'd like to highlight on the dedication and commitment of the staff. they were very supportive and helpful especially the staff at the reception Alaa Zaben and Mohammad Oueidat. All what they are looking for is to secure their customers' satisfaction by providing high quality services. not to forget also Ezzat who is the floor supervisor of breakfast buffet and who spends his time trying to provide the residents for all what they need. To end with, i recommend to visit the v-lounge restaurant which provides a variety of delicious steak plates beside the drinks, cocktails, and the nice atmosphere.

Date of stay: January 2015
1  Thank resident1020
Omar B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Amman, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review our Property. Your comments are very much valued. It was a pleasure for us to have you as our guest at the hotel and are happy you were able to be part of a magical night with us. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the whole staff . We hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Sincerely yours

Front office Manager

Reviewed February 17, 2015 via mobile

Lovely hotel really well located. I didn't like the fact that people were able to smoke inside especially as there seemed to be no ventilation or windows. Rooms were really spacious, bathroom needs improving as they still use shower curtains. Staff were really helpful and couldn't do more. Would stay again but would like to see the improvements listed.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 8, 2015

I’ve been a Priority Club/IHG Club/Intercontinental Ambassador member for years now and I can safely say that this is the worst Crowne Plaza experience I’ve ever had (I’m just finishing staying here for seven days).

First, everything you’ve heard from previous reviewers about climate control issues is absolutely spot-on: the hotel turns off the air conditioning in the rooms during the winter. I mentioned this to the Bell Hop and he suggested I either turn down the thermostat to zero or open the window. Neither solution worked -- the temperature in my room the first night was 84F (28.8C). Strangely enough, the common areas are climate controlled – I was so frustrated that at one point I almost considered sleeping in the hallway. I called down to the front desk, enquiring if I could get a fan sent up (the temperature outside was brisk but getting the cooler air into the room was difficult given the way the window opens) and was told that they didn’t have any. I spent a couple of hours the next morning trying to find a shop that sold fans in Amman -- which once purchased lowered the temperature in the room considerably.

The room service options and delivery times are abominable. I ordered a club sandwich from room service and it was delivered over an hour later, French fries cold and soggy (about fifty minutes in, the room service operator called to apologize for forgetting to deliver my meal – apparently it had been sitting there for almost an hour.)

The Club Lounge facilities and the breakfast are ridiculous. Gray ham. Congealed eggs. Bread you wouldn’t serve to prisoners.

As far as having the hotel flag down a taxi? They won’t do it, they’ll suggest you use their in-house taxis (a car service, really) at an exorbitantly inflated rate. You actually have to walk off the property and flag down a taxi yourself. And last night I decided what the hell, I’ll use their taxi service to the airport and pay the extra 10JD just so I don’t have to drag my bags off the property. Want to guess what the problem was? No one was answering the phone at the Concierge’s desk. Took me three calls.

The only good thing about this bad hotel are the people who work here. They’re all extremely nice but nice can’t fix what’s wrong with the place.

Overall, the hotel itself is pretty run down. I’ve read reviews that suggest the place was recently renovated but it didn’t appear that way from what I experienced on the eighth floor, in the Club Lounge or in the downstairs cafe. If you are a member of any of the IHG programs, are familiar with the amenities of each brand and regularly book their hotels (which are usually amazing) I would strongly advise you to avoid this one.

Room tip: Don't stay here. It's that bad.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank tm45dt1
Omar B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Amman, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2015

Dear Sir,

I am sincerely saddened that we didn't manage to meet your expectations . I would like to assure you that we constantly strive to achieve the highest level of service and I truly regret that we fell short in delivering the expected service.

we do take your feedback seriously and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel in order to regain your trust and confidence.

Yours sincerely,
Front Office Manager

Reviewed February 8, 2015

The Crowne Plaza on the 6th circle in Amman is my go to hotel each time I am in Amman. The hotel itself is fairly standard for accommodation of this type. Beds are comfortable, internet signal was strong, rooms are clean. The staff at the Crowne Plaza are what makes the place shine! They are extremely friendly, and go out of their way to make sure that your stay is comfortable. Everyone from front desk and concierge to the staff in the kitchen are first rate. They are a real asset to the IHG organization and deserve great praise for their efforts. I will definitely be back.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Greetings from Crowne Plaza Amman ! Thank you so much for your kind words of our property and thank you for recommending us. We are happy to hear that you had a comfortable and happy stay with us. Please consider Crowne Plaza Amman to be your home away from home. We are happy to serve you.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed January 22, 2015 via mobile

Normal good standard as I would expect from a 5 star Crowne Plaza. Unfortunately the temperature in Amman has risen over the last few days and the room has become quite hot and stuffy. Guess what..! No Air Conditioning available, a 5 star hotel in the middle of Amman Jordan with no Air Conditioning disgraceful. I should ask for a refund on my bill.

Date of stay: January 2015
Omar B, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Amman, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2015

Thank you for your time spent in writing your review on the Trip Advisor. Your vital feedback is appreciated and it will be shared with the management team for proper services processes enhancement where and whenever possible.

We hope you will grant us another chance as we promise we can do a lot better than what you have experienced with us.