“Safe place with all necessary amenities” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Amman

Crowne Plaza Hotel Amman
Ranked #3 of 142 Hotels in Amman
Mantsala, Finland
“Safe place with all necessary amenities”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

The hotel was good also for single women travelling, I felt safe and not disturbed. I would say the personnel was great, but unfortunately the Manager (or some 'top' guy wearing the suit and doing nothing) has destroyed my good impression. While checking out with a long queue he was relaxing behind the desk instead of helping the staff. Even if I directly asked for help to be in hurry he just refused.The restaurant was closed, so I had food at the lobby bistro and that was OK.

1 Thank Finpol
Omar B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Amman, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
*Thank you very much for your loyalty and for your beautiful review posted on the Trip Advisor. We are extremely happy to read that you were satisfied during your stay .
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

Luxurious hotel in the center of Amman near the 6 circle. From the room, you can enjoy the scenery of Amman. The standard room is beautiful, clean, medium sized, and very calm at night as well as the bathroom where you can enjoy the bath with the dead sea lotions and shampoos. The breakfast is delicious with wide variety of food types, but just one thing I did not like is the way tables organized in the restaurant and the buffet tables, I suggest to be organized in a different way.
I enjoyed the stay.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Omar B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Amman, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

Hi I stayed in the crown plaza for a week and just what to say thanks because I had a great stay I travel all the time and it the best hotel I have been in well done and keep it up I will be back on Amman next month and I know where I am going to stay

• Stayed June 2014
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Only spent one night, but having arrived in the small hours from the airport, I was given a warm welcome, and also an extended checkout time so that I could get a few extra hours sleep! Breakfast was great, and the service of the staff in the Jasmine cafe in the lobby was superb, they were most kind and the pasta was delicious! The view from my room on the eighth floor was very good and gave me a first glimpse of Amman.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Jill082013
Omar B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Amman, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Beirut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

Very good hotels with great things to it!
Rooms are spacious and very clean, we had a complimentary high speed internet connection wich was great.. pool is nice but the weirdest thing is that u cannot bring your drinks with you, so you will have to pay for it and high taxes are not included in the menu!

the Lobby is not quite a lobby.. its more a restaurant with waiters buzzing all around...
Location is great but nothing in walking distance, a taxi is needed everywhere in Amman.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Omar B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Amman, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review that you posted on the Trip Advisor. We are exceptionally
We will be waiting for your next stay at crowne plaza Amman
Until then, please accept our best regards.
Saint Cloud, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

On a business trip I stayed for 10 days. I found the accommodations very satisfying. I didn't have any problems. The full breakfast buffet had many choices for Western and Middle Eastern tastes. The rooms were pleasant and roomy. The toiletries were replenished daily as needed.
The roof top restaurant had excellent Lebanese and Arab dishes, The view overlooking Circle Six was nice. The lounge had excellent variety of food although pricey. The portions were large. The evening meal was highlighted by a duet that sang all the classic Broadway tunes, love and soft popular songs as well. It made for a favorite place to end the business or sightseeing day. The spa and indoor pool was nice. The outdoor was closed .The exercise room was full with every apparatus being used every evening. I would bring my family next time. Very safe area.

2 Thank Davistravels
Omar B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Amman, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
We will be waiting for your next stay at crowne plaza Amman
Until then, please accept our best regards.
Houston, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Having stayed in Amman several times in the last couple of years, I have tried to find the perfect location to rest before a long flight. This hotel was my option this year and I doubt that I will be returning soon. Here are a few of my observations:

Room: THe room was actually nice. I liked the availability of outlets and my wireless speed was good. They have the tv rigged so you cannot hook an HDMI up to it to watch shows from a portable device. There is an HDMI connectino at the desk but it does not work either.

Bathroom, small and not near as luxurious as the Hyatt.

Executive lounge: Everything has to be served by a waiter. The Hyatt lets you grab your own drinks, much more convenient when the lunge is busy.

Breakfast: I sampled breakfast in both the executive lounge and in the downstairs buffet. The selection was not near as extensive in the Crowne Plaza when ciompared to the Hyatt.

Location: I kept finding myself drawn to events well away from the hotel. When meeting friends for dinner or going to business meetings the location was farther than had I stayed at the Hyatt. The Hyatt is the 3rd Circle (or second, I can't remember) and the Crowne Plaza is the 6th circle.

Overall: a nice hotel, but I would rather stay at the Hyatt, although their executive level upgrade is ridiculously expensive compared to th Crowne Plaza. If budget is really important, the Crowne Plaza is probably the better option, but were they to cost relatively the same I would opt for the Hyatt.

Happy Travels!

Room Tip: Opt for club level rooms. Drinks are extremely expensive in Amman and you'll easily recoup the d...