“Nice, but not 5 star”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Amman
Ranked #4 of 150 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for a week. The hotel itself seems a bit outdated and I know they just renovated and are in the process of renovating. I really liked the staff--they went over the top to always help me--when I was sick, problems with taxis , problems in my room. It's in a great location--try to get local taxis as the taxis parked at the hotel are quite high. The staff at Cafe Vienna were excellent--especially the manager who always took care of me.

Room Tip: Pick the end rooms--I think they are better.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Elizabeth G

Reviewed December 11, 2013

The room was nice and comfortable. All the furniture was in good condition and there was a nice working table. The breakfast was very rich and nice. There was a great choice of hot and cold dishes. I was in the V lounge for a dinner at the last evening and it was nice too. I appreciated to have a free drinking water in a room. This was great. The free internet connection (cable connection was a bit better than WiFi) was working quite good with seldom interruptions. I liked that I could open a window and it was possible to switch off air-conditioning.

I had to cancel the last night and I did it late in the last evening. But it was possible and I did not had to pay for it. The staff was helpful on this.

I liked the gym and saunas. The problem was that you had to have sport shoes in the gym. I forgot to take them with me. It was not a problem during the first visit, but I was asked to leave the gym in a second visit because I did not had a sport shoes. It was not nice.

I was leaving the hotel early at 5.00 in the morning. I ordered to have a breakfast box with me because of the early leaving. I thought it will be for free because the breakfast was already paid. But they charged me for the box, because I was not specific that I want to have my breakfast earlier. This was not nice.

And I hate when somebody from the staff tries to take my bag. Come on, I can handle it. I am not so old yet.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Consistently good hotels, but not exciting.
Travelled there with Saga on a family holiday. Breakfast was first class, but a meal was left in my room for my arrival with cold chips and uncovered sandwiches.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Millah A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Amman, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear Millah A,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the cleanliness of the room prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Thank you again for your comments. If there's anything we can do to make your next stay more successful, please don't hesitate to as a member of our staff.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Stayed a couple of nights here. The room was very nice, the staff were extremely helpful and friendly (Dema at the Club Lounge service desk went way out of her way to help us and is to be commended). You have to go thru a screening before entering for safety reasons. But this is not an issue as it ensures safety for all. Breakfast was very good, especially the arabic breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alikarim
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed last night at the Crowne Plaza hotel Amman in a standard room which was well appointed and recently renovated. The bedding is very good although I found the bathroom towels to be thin and fraying. There is no walk-in shower but the hand shower in thr bath tub was good. The view I had was overlooking a roof! The staff was overall very kind and helpful. The buffet breakfast in the morning festures a wide selection including an omelette station.
All in all a good stay in a good hotel with a good location.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I recently had the privilege to stay at this hotel for a week in November, my stay was very enjoyable. Staff were very pleasant and attentive, room service was quick and the food was great. Décor in the room was very nice.
The V Lounge was my drinking hole after I finished work for the day, bar staff were very great and the food was good except the steak was not up to standard for me. The ribs are too die for! Do not miss their breakfast, I have rarely seen a hotel morning meal this good, what a great start to the day.
I gave this hotel 4 out of 5 only because the hotel was being renovated and it did cause a few disruptions to me. But in all I highly recommend this hotel to anyone, great job to the hotel staff and management.

Room Tip: Renovation noise is only during the day, so as long as you are at work during the day you will be fi...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza, Amman several times over the past year. I have to take a long flight to get to Amman and am glad to report that the hotel beds and rooms are wonderful for sleeping off the jet lag. The restaurants are limited but the food at Al Halaby and Cafe Vienna itself is good. I am a fan of the shisha that the restaurant offers after a stressful day.

Room Tip: Ask for the pool facing rooms
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business