“Great Value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Amman Pasha Hotel
Ranked #9 of 148 Hotels in Amman
“Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

The staff at this hotel were excellent. Nothing was too much and so many extras were included in the price, such as breakfast and taxi to the Citadel. The rooms are basic and clean and the location was excellent. We were very pleased with our choice of accommodation.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank S0phie00000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

I've been home for less than a week now. There is a lot to put in perspective about this hotel. First the good. The staff is very friendly, the location is great, the rooftop views are stunning, and the restaurant isn't half bad. In fact the staff often dances in the restaurant on a regular basis in the evenings. They put on a good show. The bad includes, that though requested and confirmed, no driver picked me up at the airport upon arrival though I had agreed to a price etc. The rooms themselves are dormlike. This is good value for the young traveler who is with other company. For them this hotel could be very cost effective. Trying to pay with a credit card was a struggle. I had no problems with any other machines in Jordan except the one at this hotel. My room reservation had been "lost" or had been put under a different name. Though I had received written confirmation which I showed them, requesting a more expensive room with a view. What I got was a view of a sidestreet. Now the ugly. Though the hotel itself was reasonable clean, my bathroom was not. Dirty, and with a continual leak of water which made entering it without shoes on a damp experience. The hotel puts high stock in their tripadvisor reviews which is good. The prices aren't bad. You get exactly what you pay for.

1 Thank VancouverDuke
syriafullbottle, Owner at Amman Pasha Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Hello
Thank you for review..I like your title reminds with the British comedy of Faulty Tower
thank for all the positive stuff you mentioned and enjoyed
I am sorry to hear your complaints bad experience at the Pasha.
1- your confirmation for airport pick up came too late in the night after reservation office was closed at night.You need to book/confirm airport pick up 24 hours before arrival.
2-your credit card did not work transaction was not accepted .this is rare event but it does.We took you to an ATM near by at Alahli bank and it did work.Some cases for some reason we dnt know the credit card dsnt work.

3-You have made reservation in the name of a different person that is why frot desk could not find your bookings.

As for the bathroom condition after investigation I established that due to misunderstanding with housekeeping staff the room was not ready for occupation.for which I apologize for .
Kind regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

It has taken me almost a year to write this review but the fact that I am doing it at all goes to show how wonderful I think this place is. I visited in June last year and only had a very short time in Jordan, was travelling on my own and was quite specific about what I wanted to see (everything!). So contacted the hotel in advance to see if it was possible to fit in everything I wanted to in the limited time I had. They wrote back with an itinerary with a private taxi and the cost. I hadn't asked for this but decided to use this suggested idea which turned out to be the best decision I could have made.

So why do I think the hotel is great? Firstly, when I arrived was greeted at the airport by Feras and a driver. Secondly, my boyfriend had rung in advance and arranged for flowers and sweets to be left there which were arranged (I know I sound obnoxious-this is not normal behaviour!!) by the hotel. Actually I think they greeted me with the flowers? which I was quite confused about but anyway... Thirdly, the room was great, very comfortable and clean. Fourthly, the breakfast is lovely with a really wide choice. Fifthly, I agree with one of the previous reviewers that the staff really do seem to care about the hotel and want you to have a good time and leave loving Jordan promising you will return. Sixthly, the location is fantastic! Right next door to the amphitheatre! And now to my final and main point seventhly... the trip around Jordan with my wonderful driver Esmat!! I can only thank him for probably the best trip I have ever done. In summary the day after I arrived, we drove to Madaba and Mount Nebo, then Petra and to the dead sea through the most magical landscape I have ever seen, stopping at a fantastic cafe to take in the scenery and play the oud! By the time we arrived at the hotel it was dark and Esmet had to drive back to Amman and then come back in the morning to pick me up to continue the trip! In the morning I woke up to stunning views of the bright blue lake had a quick dip, then when Esmat arrived we continued to Ajloun castle and Jerash then back to Amman where I stayed another night in the Ammanpasha ready to discover the amphitheatre and the citadel in the morning and then fly home. Esmat was a great driver and great company, we were never short of things to say and he did everything to ensure I was having a good trip. I even spoke to his family on the phone and saw pictures of them too!. My only regret is that time was so short as would have loved to have seen so much more!! Many many thanks for making this a trip of a lifetime and really hope to see you and Jordan again very soon!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Sara22r
syriafullbottle, Owner at Amman Pasha Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Sara .It is so nice to review the hotel after so long of your stay.
It was real pleasure having you at our hotel.Nothing too much fo us to arrange a small surprise the flowers I recall that well.No matter how small it was a commitment we made to our guests.
Ismat will be delighted to hear that you were happy with his tour guiding and driving.
You and your partner are welcome any time in future to your home and extended family in Amman .The Pasha Family.
Our sincere thanks to you for your positive review it is highly appreciated
Austin , Tx
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

There are good and bad things about this hotel. It looked like the staff cared about helping their guests. They were informative and helpful. They had free wifi. The location was very good. You were across the street from the “suk” or market place and the Roman theater. We found lots of places to eat nearby too. The room while clean was very basic. Everything worked including the AC. We had plenty of hot water which was an issue at OTHER hotels during our trip (you never miss hot water till you don’t have it). It’s not luxury. Think of Spartan quarters.
The most important thing I want to mention is their airport shuttle deal to the airport. We used the hotel as a transition stop before our flight home. It’s possible to get to the airport for $8 if you take a taxi to the 7th circle bus station near the American school to catch the airport bus, but for about ~$35 total not per person you can hire their private car shuttle for 2 people and luggage to be taken directly to the airport. At the time I thought it was a rip off, but when I saw how long it took to drive through the traffic and the distance we traveled it was worth it to make it to my flight on time. The drive was direct and it still took about 2 hrs. Don’t try to save a few bucks trying to catch the taxi and bus. Take the deal and make it to your flight on time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Anthony_DAustin_Tx
syriafullbottle, Owner at Amman Pasha Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
HI I am glad you enjoyed staying at our hotel and thank you for taking time to review it
We had renovation done two years ago we are continually up grading the condition of rooms and bathrooms .next time you visit you can see the difference.inshallah
I like to clarify airport transfer the cost is per car and not per person.
airport pick up 25 jod
airport drop off day time 20 and night time 25 jod.
of course if you share the ride with others the price is divided by the number of passengers.
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

I love writing this review, because it is such a pleasure to say good things about a great place. This hotel provides a wonderful experience for tourists, because the staff knows what you need and does its best to deliver. Whether it's food, laundry service, trips and tours, information, contacts, hours of business and nearby shops, they will make sure you get what you need and that you enjoy your time in Jordan. I think they see themselves as ambassadors for the whole country, and they do a terrific job of making one feel comfortable, welcome, and looked after. The staff is very happy, smiling always and this is sincere because they love working there. The Amman Pasha has a very good atmosphere and this cheerfulness is apparent as soon as you enter. Of course it's clean and comfortable (many hotels manage this part of their business very well). Few hotels can offer the personal magic of contentment that this hotel exudes. Thanks for a great time Mr. Marwan, Ahmed, and Assam.

Room Tip: There's no such thing as "no smoking" in Jordan. Also, it's impossible to find &qu...
2 Thank TorontoKvetch
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

We had a lovely time at this hotel and it was our favourite out of the seven hotels we visited throughout our holiday. The staff were great, nothing was ever too much and bookings could be done easily through the hotel with reasonable prices. We got a great tour guide (Khalid) who was helpful and patient when we took too long at all of the attractions. The staff all adored Isla who's five and everyone aways stopped to say hello to us when we were in the lobby. The food was very good, we enjoyed it immensely. Staff who were very nice and deserve a special mention are: Ola, Feras, Mohammed, Ahmed, Shadi and of course Raymond. When we returned to the Pasha we were welcomed back which we really appreciated. Thank you so much and sorry the review took a while!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank SophiaHughes89
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Very good value. Home from home. i believe i leaving an honest review and yes hotel room is not 5 star:, but service is.
hotel staff very kind and honest do not push you to spend money or take trips .like some hotels do.
The cafe offers very good food at a good price, supervisor Ahmed makes sure it is well run.
Please use the service offered by hotel for trips, as there drivers are very good and price good, i always travel independently but driving standards in Jordan are not the best, so use hotel drivers, there price is very good.
I hope to stay at pasha hotel again, pasha is not 5 star room but would you be made to feel like family at a 5 star chain hotel?,
I have a 27 year old daughter and i would be happy for her to stay at this hotel alone.

1 Thank barry n