“Great Location but very basic hotel”
Review of Amman Pasha Hotel

Amman Pasha Hotel
Ranked #7 of 148 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed May 30, 2013

First the positives - Great Location just opposite of Roman theatre, very friendly and helpful staffs. Ready to cater any kind of request. I wanted to meet somebody to collect some circulated and old Jordanian coin. I had nothing but his phone number. I requested one of the hotel staffs whether they can speak to that person and arrange a meeting for me. They immediately called that person, arrange a meeting and asked one driver to drop me at the meeting place. This is a kind of service I never expected and will remember for a long time.

Negatives – As I already said, the hotel is very basic and old, Rooms were not very clean. AC was not working properly. Room rate is a bit high compared to hotel amenities. There was a continous noise maybe beacuse of the AC

But if you want to stay in downtown as we did, I think this would be your best choice, I couldn’t find any better hotel in downtown than this one.

Room Tip: Try to avoid roadside rooms, Those ae a bit noisy even during the middle of night
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jyoti307
syriafullbottle, Owner at Amman Pasha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay.
It is our pleasure to assist our guests in any matter or request they have
As for the AC .All our air conditioning units are NEW ..It has four settings,Hot,Cold,Humid and Fan.
You need to let the front desk know .they would have put it on the right settings. and you would have had a pleasant stay.
You are right .there are 150 hotels in downtown Amman .Amman Pasha is the only properly CLASSIFIED hotel by the ministry of tourism in the area.As you kindly described it is the BEST CHOICE in downtown Amman
Because we listen to our good guests We are continuously working on improving the hotel.
We have learnt many lesson since we opened just over a year ago.
Very soon we can say to our customers we overcome all major they issues have been dealt with.they can expect what they come to experience at the hotel.We stand up to their expectations.We deliver what we promise.
Raymond and crew

There are newer reviews for Amman Pasha Hotel

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Our experience was less than pleasant. We stayed in a room that was neat, but not clean. Our feet became filthy when walking barefoot in the room. The toilet didn't flush without a lot of assistance, and the shower curtain was hanging by only a few hooks. Since this was deemed acceptable ( otherwise, why would the hotel staff put three adults in this room?) it was clear that any complaints made would seem insulting to the owner. When we asked for more bathroom tissue, we were given half a roll, and then asked "is this enough?" The A/C turned off each night with no explanation, and opening the window made things very noisy with a front room. Great view however!

Staff was pleasant to all of us whenever we entered. Wifi worked only in the lobby. The location was difficult to get in and out of taxi's. However, it was right downtown in the middle of things, so walking to nearby places was easy. I was expecting a lot more for the money ( paid $85 USD a night) and for the reviews that I read. I would not stay here again if I returned to Jordan.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank MusicGalCt

Hi My wish is to hear complaint from guests direct to me or by leaving it in the suggestion/complaint box at Front Desk.Sadly,that hardly happens. I know well that is how I can improve the services at my hotel and I have more happy guests than not happy ones as in your case.There was no need for speculation that me Raymond the owner will be insulted if you raised a complaint .

We check every room before we check in our guests into it.

Bathroom tissue seems story amazes me because we usually leave at least two rolls in each bathroom.When guests ask for more we give them at least two more.

AC is more amazing as our ACs units can ONLY be turned ON of Off ONLY from inside ROOM and no other points.I ask future guests to take me up on this important point PLEASE.

We do not turn off AC it is up to guests to do so from inside rooms I can not explain your complaint, it is a mystery.

There is parking for TAXIS right at Hotel Door.

Windows a Double Glazed Sound Proof are meant to be shut to keep noise out from street below.They were fitted at high cost to keep noise out and should not be opened any time as the room is fitted with NEW efficient AC system.No one every complained about AC not working.Our hotel is the only hotel in downtown Amman that has Sound Proof windows double glazed.I ask future guests to check out our windows .

I think you got price conversion wrong as a triple room 49 jod including breakfast,tax and service charge which makes $ 70 and not $ 85 as mentioned in your complaint.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Amman Pasha is a basic but friendly hotel.

The staff are extremely friendly and happy to help with any issues you have. The hotel also operates a driver service as well which is more expensive than regular taxis but the drivers speak English and are reliable.

Every night the staff gather in the cafe for some local music and dancing which is very entertaining!

There is wi-fi in the hotel but it is only available in the lobby and the cafe.

The rooms are basic and clean. One minor complaint I have is that there were no towels in my room when I arrived and when there was they weren't changed during my stay; but other than that good value for money.

I really cannot stress how friendly the staff at the hotel are, the owner even bought me a free drink and greeted me every morning with a quick chat and enquired if I needed any help.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Craig H
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I needed a good clean room with a cold AC for sleeping only. I booked a trip to Petra and only stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. For the price paid and the service of front desk and hotel staff I rate this property acceptable. The room was very, very basic but sheets were clean and ac was cold. Compare it to a Motel 6 or a slight notch down due to the age. The front desk gentlemen was extremely nice, since the hotel provides breakfast in the rate ( 29 JOD) and I needed to leave by 6AM to catch the bus to Petra, he made me two veggie sandwiches to go and made fresh coffee. The evening I returned at 9:30 PM and the restaurant was lively with locals dancing and singing. Pizza was delicious and cheap. Overall this place definitely is worhty of a visit if you are on a budget and want a real local feel.

Room Tip: Top floor with no noise and close to rofftop terance with viesw of greek theatre.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank 2boystravelling
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We have fond memories of our experience at the Amman Pasha Hotel. Within walking distance were the lively local souks, the Roman amphitheatre, the Abu Darwish Mosque and the Citadel.
The rooms were basic and clean. Each morning a bountiful array of food awaited us at the adjoining Roma Pizza Cafe. Reasonably priced food was also available at supper time. Best of all was the 9:00 break when the hardworking staff performed ethnic dances inviting patrons to join them. From owner Ray to staff members we were met with smiles and helpful assistance. Nowhere else on our trip were we treated with such genuine hospitality. Tours and taxis (driven by reliable Marwon) were booked at the office. Wonderful!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CalgaryHelena
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We were in Amman last month and stayed at this hotel after reading Tripadvisor's comments. We have stayed in so many 5 star hotels and have travelled all over the world. We were initially hesitant to stay in a small family run hotel but we were pleasantly surprised at the extent of their personalized service. A complaint, if any is handled immediately. When we requested a change of room, it was done without a problem & we were moved to a better room upon our arrival from Petra. They were also able to arrange a great driver & tour guide for Petra. He took us to so many historical places, I've wanted to see: Madaba, Mt Nebo, Dead Sea, Karak etc. The following day, he picked us from Petra. In addition, we were able to get a last minute tour to Jerash etc. Raymond, the owner made a call at 8 am to someone and arranged the driver to pick us at 9:30. In the meantime, he himself drove us up to the Citadel to see the ruins and the driver for Jerash picked us up there. The tours too are reasonably priced. All the staff go out of the way to accommodate our requests. Raymond made sure his guests have a great time during their stay in Amman. His staff and guests are like family to him. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. Excellent customer service. Airport car transfers upon arrival and departure available. Will definitely stay there again without a doubt.

Room Tip: For wifi though, you need to go downstairs where it's very fast and reliable. The rooms have poo...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rosario308
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I found out about this hotel as I'd previously stayed in the Damascus hostel, which Raymond (the owner of the Amman Pasha) had owned. When he relocated to Amman, since we had wanted to visit Jordan anyway, this seemed the ideal time, and the ideal place to stay.

Some people have complained in reviews here about the hotel. According to the website, it's a 2 star hotel. I've stayed in higher rated hotels in Paris, that the Amman Pasha is way better than.
The lobby is nice and bright, and there's a door leading to the Roma Pizza Cafe, where breakfast is served, and you can get reasonably priced and very nice food and drink. There's free wifi available in the lobby.

The rooms are basic and clean. The problems other reviewers seem to have encountered last year have obviously been addressed and dealt with. We split our stay with a few days in Petra, so stayed in two different rooms, and had no issues with either of them.

There's a rooftop patio with tables, chairs and a couple of sun loungers, and you get great views of the downtown area and the Roman amphitheater across the road from the hotel. The Amman Citadel is up the hill behind the hotel, and is about a 15 minute walk uphill. The hotel does advertise free transport up the hill to the citadel, but as we like walking and exploring, we walked up.

The area the hotel in situated in is the Downtown area. It's bustling and has an energetic vibe about it. It's a short walk to the main shopping streets in one direction, and in the other, there's more shops, and a second hand street market.

There's a real buzz about this area, and the people we came into contact with were very friendly. At no time did we feel it was dangerous, or were we worried about walking down a street.

At night the front of the hotel is lit up and is a blaze of colour and looks really vibrant. It's a great wee hotel, and Raymond and co. really try to make you feel at home.

If you're looking for luxury, then go find a five star hotel where the staff will call you "sir" or "madam" and the hotel will have no atmosphere. If you want a good hotel with a great atmosphere in a vibrant area of the city, then you could do a lot worse than the Amman Pasha.
If I get back to Amman at any time in the future, then I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple