“Well priced and great food”
Review of Amman Pasha Hotel

Amman Pasha Hotel
Ranked #8 of 150 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed here with my husband and daughter and we were content. The hotel provided clean good size room,comfortable firm bedding. It was in an excellent location in the middle of downtown, close to all shopping- hundreds of souvenier stores and sightseeing.
Tasty breakfast- I even counted 19 different dishes! 10 types of tea,coffee and fruit juice, Arabic bread, French and sliced bread for toast. The restaurant served a great selection of Authentic Arabic food.We have got every thing we needed in one place at a reasonable price.
The staff were friendly and helpful. Overall a good expereicne had. Thanks for having us

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Sally W

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stayed at the Pasha for 2 nights on our recent trip to Jordan. The hotel is situated in the downtown area and has great views of the amphitheater from some rooms and the roof top terrace. The rooms are small and fairly clean. You really can't expect 5 star comfort for the price you pay . The rate includes a pretty good breakfast. The owner and staff are extremely friendly . The main reason I am giving the property this poor rating is the constant smoking that is going on in the hotel lobby,on the roof and believe it or not in the restaurant while you are trying to eat. I realize that large numbers of Jordanians are smokers but plz respect the few non smokers and don't light up while they are still eating.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank ssislandpetra
syriafullbottle, Owner at Amman Pasha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel or shall I say vent you anger in public.
This is same issue that i try to explain to patrons and staff.I can force this issue on the staff but unfortunately not on the guests"Arab guests at hotel)They can be ofended and I dnt like to spoil it for smomeone having good time..
It is a smoking community women more than men sucking on shisha/pipe or cigarette.It is a sad reality among the population
In recent weeks I have set aside a quiet area for non smokers.A nice lounge that is idealy loctated next to the health centre at the hotel.It is definitely NONE smoking lounge..Take my word for it.
Thank you for choosing the our hotel and hope to see you again in future.
Raymond and crew

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I had a recent stay at this hostel for a few days, I don't expect too much from hostels because they are obviously cheap compared to a normal hotel but I have stayed in many hostels before, the rooms here are dirty and location is terrible, it is located in a dingy not too good looking area of town. I wouldn't stay here again, good thing our stay was quick.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
11  Thank Olivia86_12
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I'm in Amman visiting my daughter, here on a Fulbright scholarship, and loving my long stay at the Amman Pasha. Hotel owner Raymond Gordon is an extraordinary person, a Palestinian who raised his family in Australia and returned to the Middle East to retire. He clearly enjoys his guests and thrives on bringing people together for mutual enhancement. I'm honored to have the opportunity to get to know him, his wife, and wonderful staff, including Khaled, who one month ago fled Damascus with his wife and four children. His teenage boys brighten the cafe with their attentive work and delightful spirits. After losing their home to a bomb, living underground for half a year, and leaving their friends, their attitude toward life is hopeful, expansive, inspiring. The cook’s Syrian mother trained him in the renowned Aleppo style. The food is delicious! Breakfast includes an array of traditional dishes rendered with Halebi distinction. Food is available at all hours. The café is alive in the evenings with Arabic music and intimate atmosphere. Last night my daughter and I line-danced with Khaled’s family, the cook and other guests, shared songs, and talked late into the night. These are not token activities staged for guests but rather deeply felt pleasures, with much laughter, for everyone involved.
Rooms are simple and clean, shower water hot and consistent in flow. The downtown area is safe, captivating, full of the bustling street activity I cherish in the Middle East. Service is prompt and helpful. The staff will respond quickly to the needs and concerns of guests, and my daughter and I were consistently treated with respect and warmth from all staff members. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough for travelers who are interested in participating in Jordanian and Syrian hospitality.
Rebekah Pickard, from Berkeley, California

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank Rebekah P
syriafullbottle, Owner at Amman Pasha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear Rebekah and Rachel.It is our pleasure to have you staying with us at the hotel.Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Having lived in Australia for forty years ,this is my way of life truely enjoying retirement in my country of origin meeting nice people from all over the world . For me life goes on a song and dance, a party every night of the week happy people all around what else can a person ask for.It is a great way of life to retire to
If I have a wish in my life, that is to be able to go back to The Damascus Hostel another happy home and great memories I left behind in Damascus the troubled country of Syria.
A big thank you for the world No 1 and the most trusted travel site The Trip Advisor that links us together.
Best wishes
Raymond and crew

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Stayed on this hostel a couple of nights. The rooms were filthy, stained carpets, dirty bathrooms, roaches.. First of all it is located in downtown amman which is pretty dodgy.. The main manifestations are done a couple blocks away which can get quite dangerous, the main tourist attractions are close by but u can easily stay in a better place and go there by cab as it will only take half a day to visit them. There are limited good places to eat and it cant get pretty rough if youre a solo woman traveller. The hostel staff are only male and they got pretty rude and harrasing to my girlfriend, there is inly wifi in the lobby and the rooftop is a mess.

The bathroom was constantly leaking and they even left us a mop to dry it up every now and then.

The only thing worth was he breakfast which i think is owned by another person cause the staff were really nice and warm.

If you come to amman choose wisely and stay at a hotel in the newer part of town, i u want to stay downtown there is a good budget option called jordan tower hostel with a really nice owner.

• Stayed: October 2012
9  Thank Ookuma
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I recently stayed at the Pasha Hotel Amman for 4 nights. After having an unfortunate 'ripping off' from a taxi driver to the hotel, i wasnt in the best spirits. However the employees of the pasha were so helpful and kind it set the tone for the rest of the break.

The evening i got there i was happy to see traditional arabic dancing (that the hotel provide every night). I met Raymond the owner and he is the kindest friendliest man ever. Nothing was too much trouble, he was genuinely angry i was ripped off by the taxi driver.

I booked up a taxi (my own tour guide) to Jerash the next day for 60JD and Petra the day after for 100JD (Through the hotel). Khalid (i think) on reception gave me a small discount and told the taxi driver to include Wadi Rum in the price!!! Wadi Rum is a further 90 minute drive PAST Petra. All this for free.

Nothing was too much trouble for them and the customer service was superb. The beds are quite firm and my en suite room was great for what it was. I had air con, tv, fridge etc etc.

Basically the taxi driver incident was forgotten quickly. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Its like people say, 5 star service....they actually go out there way for you.

Thanks to Raymond, Khalid and the guys. It was great.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank bret m
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This was my second stay at the Pasha hotel and when I returned last night I was welcomed back like a old friend. My room was a clean but basic double en suite bathroom was clean and the water hot. This is by no means a 5 star hotel but it is run by 5 star staff there is always a friendly smile and some one wanting to attend to your needs whether it sorting out a shared taxi,telling you about the sights or I my case how to get to a cross the border to Israel.

The food in there restaurant/cafe is excellent and inexpensive

All in all a must if you need a place to stay in Amman

Yes it's near a mosque but show me some where in the Middle East that is not !

Room Tip: There is alway a deal to be had I was upgraded from a single shared bathroom to a double with privat...