“Clean, Cosy, Comfortable, Cheap, Helpfull, Welcoming”

The Boutique Hotel Amman
Ranked #3 of 105 Amman B&B and Inns
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Clean, Cosy, Comfortable, Cheap, Helpfull, Welcoming”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This hotel is excellent and the reason it's so good because its small, clean and comfortable. Amman can be very expensive and this hotel offers you total value for money not only lodging wise but even saves you money on eating and travelling to different destination. HANY is the man behind its success as he work very hard to keep the guest happy and dealing with there demand to the tee. I was personnally very happy with the service he provided us,we stayed there for few nights and everyday was enjoyable.
This hotel is in between a hotel and guesthouse however it provides excellent service, it has 6 rooms in total 2 with onsuites and has 2 seperates bathroom and w/c with 24 hrs hot water supply as amman can get cold some times. All rooms have airconditioning and heating facilities with very comfortable beds/mattress with very clean bedsheets and pillow case.
If you are reading this review and planning a trip to amman on a cheap just go ahead and book this hotel as you will not be disappointed. Thanks Hany

Room Tip: Rooms 4,5 and 6 are quiter as at rear however room 2 has a balcony which i loved it. There is a Tak...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tetra S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I booked this hotel before arriving to Jordan, planning on only staying two nights. I was so pleased with the location, rooms and in particular the accommodating staff that I ended up using Amman as my base for seeing Jordan for almost the entire duration of my stay. The receptionist Hani is extremely helpful. He helped me arrange an affordable driver to see the sights close to Amman, emailed me in advance for airport pickup (same price as taxi), and was very informative about Jordan, when and where to go and what type of transportation is the best.

Quaint, clean, comfortable and in the heart of Amman. The staff really makes the place. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank hopefullyanonymous
Reviewed January 26, 2013

The staff (Hany) was very helpful and friendly, and the room was nice.
We had a shared bathroom, which was constructed badly; small, narrow and with a constantly wet floor. Downtown might sound perfect, but it is in fact the "old Amman" and a bit peripheral in the city (We struggled with transportation and dishonest taxi drivers). The hotel helps with arranging your trips, but we suspect that 10 JD is commision.
In total, we were satisfied with our hotel!

• Stayed January 2013
Cork
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I booked this hotel based on previous comments and I was pleasantly surprised. It definitely surpassed my expectations in a good way. Ok, it's pretty basic but the decor and facilites are perfectly adequate. The location in downtown Amman is great, blink and you might miss the entrance but I didn't find it at all dirty or grotty and I thought the hotel made the most of the limited space they had. As a single female travelling alone, it was perfectly safe. Hany on Reception was extremely friendly and helped me out with a few things which made my stay easier.

Room Tip: As I was flying out very early the next morning, I used a previous travellers tip to ask for a room...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Ala S, Owner at The Boutique Hotel Amman, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Bibi

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience in our hotel, it is our pleasure to serve you ,and we are happy that you enjoyed your time in Jordan.
We want to take this opportunity to assure all our guest what to expect clean spotless sheets hot water,Wifi in the rooms, simple breakfast (toast,butter,jams and cheese), tourist information and maps, and do not forget we are on the secound floor without an elevator :)
enjoy thanks
kind regards
United States
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed at the Boutique Hotel in Amman twice this past winter. I made reservations after reading the good reviews on Trip Advisor for the front of a group trip and had such a fantastic stay that I added a short stay at the end of my trip, as well. Everything was taken care of and ran smoothly. I felt as if I was with family: really and truly! :-) The best thing about the Boutique Hotel is the service!!!! My rooms were very clean and adequate. The beds were comfortable; there were hair dryers and adapters at the front desk to borrow (bring your own shampoo and toiletries).The location is fantastic: right in the city center....shops and restaurants abound and one can walk to the Citadel and to Rainbow street. There is a small breakfast provided - always with good conversation and a smile. When I arrived,Yusef was at the airport waiting for me and entertained me as we drove to the hotel (If for some reason Yusef can't come get you, tell the cab driver to take you to Jafra Restaurant and walk right across the street). The minute that I arrived at the hotel, Ahmad, the on-location manager, receptionist and "go-to-man"... sat down with me for about an hour helping me plan my night and next few days. He arranged everything, including a very full day tour ( which I insisted on) to the Desert Castles and the Karak Castle the next day with Yusef. Ahmad even went so far as to wait for me after his shift, the evening that I arrived,and walk me to a restaurant which he recommended to try the Jordanian national dish, Mansaf. He walked me in, ordered for me, made sure that I was going to be charged correctly, and knew how to get a taxi for the Taj Mall (where I was going after) and after he was satisfied that I received my food and was happy and comfortable, he left. Yusef was a great driver for my tour of the castles. He dropped me off at the gates and was there waiting whenever I finished. He took me for a great late lunch of Mansaf and entertained me the whole trip with good conversation.Yusef was there to take me to the turkish spa one morning, and there to pick me up - even though it took me an hour longer than expected. One day, on his day off Ahmad, himself, took me on a walking city tour (actually Yusef dropped us off at the Citadel and we walked from there). The tour included the Citadel, Roman Theatre, surrounding area, vegetable and fruit souk and that surrounding area and the Jafra restuarant across the street: wonderful!!! After a group tour of over a week, I came back to the Boutique with a friend...so happy to be back with my "new Jordanian Family"!!! I always felt safe and well taken care of. I would definitely come back again and again. Highly recommended - please remember it is more of an inn and not a big hotel. Nice way to experience local flavor.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank TinaTravelstheWorld
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Fantastic hotel and great value in downtown Amman! We stayed 3 nights. The room was clean. comfortable and welcoming. Hani (in our opinion, Boutiqe's best employee!), was very helpful and arranged many day trips for us, as well as gave us good advice on places to go eat and see. We took day trips to Kerak castle and Jeresh, both are a must-see if you are staying in Amman. The location of the Boutiqe Hotel can't be beat. The hotel is right next to Jaffa Cafe, the famous Hashem restaurant, the downtown markets and other attaractions. We were able to easily and safely walk or take a quick cab ride to everything. The Boutique Hotel is a great value, has friendly service (the owner Mohammad, even translated many directions into Arabic to give to taxi drivers). We will definately stay here the next time we visit Amman.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room with a private bathroom, but the community bathrooms were clean.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ashli A
Ala S, Manager at The Boutique Hotel Amman, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear Ashli

Thank you for sparing your time to share your experience in our Hotel , we are really so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our small hotel especially becaused you stayed in big five stars hotels in the Dead sea and Petra.
consider it your secound home next time you come to Jordan ,by the way Hani says hi :)
kind regards
alan sunna
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This nice hotel has a friendly owner with lots of advice about Amman. It is located near the old town and some great restaurants... Hashem and Jafra were highlights. It did get a bit loud at night on the weekend and it had a shared bathroom. Otherwise it was very charming. Recommended

• Stayed December 2012