“Friendly service and fantastic location”

and 1 more site!
The Boutique Hotel Amman
Ranked #3 of 109 Amman B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This nice hotel has a friendly owner with lots of advice about Amman. It is located near the old town and some great restaurants... Hashem and Jafra were highlights. It did get a bit loud at night on the weekend and it had a shared bathroom. Otherwise it was very charming. Recommended

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Charlie2lock

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Stayed 3 nights. The location is very interesting for those who want to start exploring Amman downtown. Also, an interestin number of cofee shops and "to-go" restaurants of a very good quality of food surround the area where the "Boutique" is.

Hani is the receptionist. You can't ask for a more friendly, reliable and kind person than that. He is so good at answering questions, providing taxis and any kind of help. I personally find him a plus in this hotel. The rooms are very clean, sheet new and clean, a shared bathroom but very clean, free and reliable WIFI.

The area around the Boutique is very active, that is why it is noisy, but such is every active and populated city. I personally did not find this as inconvenient, given the price and cleanness of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Lovely hotel in downtown Amman. It was certainly not quiet in the evening (ask for a room facing the backyard and bring ear plugs), but this is what to expect from a downtown hotel. The staff was extremely helpful and nice. They warned me about my driver who apparently made a pretty shady comment in Arabic when dropping me off at the hotel. Which confirmed the impression that I had gotten. All the receptionist said when I thanked him was: "We see that you are travelling alone, and we are responsible for our guests." What else can you ask for?

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I was in this hotel for 3 nights while exploring Amman and surroundings, beforing heading south to Petra/Wadi Rum/etc.
Very close to the old city is a good place to explore it. Good size room and toilet, and basic breakfast, but included in room price. Even when the area is quite noisy I could sleep perfectly, as my room was looking to a parking in the back of the building.
Nice staff, with helpful information, that booked a taxi with other guests to get to Jerash one day, and Petra on another day (while stopping in our way there, what allowed us to know interesting places).
As I was flying back home from Amman, I was offered the choice to rest the last day, or get a shower, and even when I didn´t get the chance to do it, was a nice offer.
Worth

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Ala S, Manager at The Boutique Hotel Amman, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Jeslon,

thank you for sparing the time to write about your experience in Jordan ,We are pleased and delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us ,cause we enjoyed your company, ala says hi, and we wish to see you again ,
happy holidays ,and have the greatest new year ever
good bye

Reviewed November 27, 2012

good location, very bad ground floor entrance through a building site and up some stairs. comfortable room with hot water. Good friendley helpful staff and basic breakfast.

Ok for a night before moving on

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
suns99, Manager at The Boutique Hotel Amman, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Sir,
Thank you for sharing your opinon on our hotel, sorry for the inconvienince we caused you from the construction works ,and i can assure you that the construction site for the new reception area in the ground floor is FINALY finished thank God , and we hope we see you again,enjoy Jordan
kind regards
ala sunna

Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Boutique Hotel did the job perfectly; we needed a hotel in a central location to spend only a few hours before our late flight out, and the boutique hotel was bang in the middle of downtown.

Very affordable yet clean and newly decorated rooms, we even had a little balcony to sit out with (ask for this).

Sample the delights a Hamesh and Jafra - the first has lunch for 3JD for 2 and the second is a great little bar/restaraunt to relax in - both metes from the hotel.

One criticism was the live music from the coffee shop next door was so loud it was impossible to sleep even with ear plugs in, but this doesn;t happen all the time and the hotel is still worth staying at!

Room Tip: Ask for Balcony
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We arrived at the Boutique Hotel at 3am due to our arrival time to Amman. We had arranged an airport pickup from the hotel, but did not find anyone waiting for us. We ended up taking a taxi to our hotel, but that was not a good start. Once we arrived, dIdn't know that it was indeed quite a small "hotel". There were four flights of stairs that we had to climb to bring our luggage up to the lobby (no elevator). The clerk at the desk reluctantly brought up three of our four suitcases. Maybe I was too tired, but this was not quite what I had envisioned that the Boutique Hotel would be - especially given the other TripAdvisor reviews that we had read. We had a very simple room. Absolutely no room or stands for our suitcases. We were given two bathtowels, no other towels were given (not even a bathmat). I went into the bathroom to take my shower. There was absolutely no counter space for my toothbrush or other toiletries. Jumped into the shower (glad that I had brought my own shampoo, as there was none supplied). The shower had a very small glass partition to block out the water (fail). The water bounced out of the shower onto the floor by the toilet so the floor got quite wet. I carefully finished drying off after my shower and then used my one towel as a bath mat. There was no blow dryer supplied and strangely there were no electrical outlets in our room. Also, when flushing the toilet, the pressure of the flush caused some water splatter outside of the toilet. The positives are that the bed and linens were quite comfortable. The split system AC was very efficient (again, room was quite small). Staff was very nice. Breakfast was plain but enjoyable. Wireless internet was advertised at 2 JOD per day (we didn't use it). Cleanliness of the hotel was a 7/10. Don't forget about the call to prayers at 5:15am (almost made me fall out of the bed) - there is not a ton of privacy as far as soundproofing goes. Location was good - fairly central. If I had a clearer picture of what to expect of this hotel, I probably would have given it a better review. Again, I think that based upon the TripAdvisor reviews, I had much higher expectations.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank screwie88
suns99, Owner at The Boutique Hotel Amman, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear Guest
I want to thank you for your review; because a lot of guests see our reviews and prices and they just book nobody seems to read more!

I want to emphasis that the information about the rooms' quantity and area, check in time is 12 am, en-suit bathroom or shared, no elevator, breakfast, the look of the building from the outside is CLEAR in all pictures and on all the information given to you by booking.com when you booked.

We want to say again that we are a five room bed and breakfast in downtown, and we want everybody to enjoy their stay and to enjoy Jordan as much as we do. So please check the room size and amenities before you book.

Sorry for the inconvenience that we caused you and hope we can make it up to you.
kind regards