“A lovely place”

Ranked #9 of 107 Amman B&B and Inns
Out'n'About
“A lovely place”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Wonderful, calm and quite beautiful house to stay in and a contrast to the organised chaos of greater Amman.
We stayed only for a couple of days as most guests tend to be more longer term. Guido, his family and staff were excellent hosts. Breakfast was more than enough of a meal to cover lunch as well and the location is close enough to enable walking to major sites. We walked to the citadel and Rainbow St from the B&B with an 18 month old so anyone can do it! If you've got any questions ask Guido as he's a font of knowledge.
So, look at all the cheap and (probably) nasty 'hotels' a couple of minutes closer to town then come to your senses and stay at By The Lemon Tree B&B.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed September 14, 2013

After communicating by Facebook with clear dates that I wanted to stay with them, we had some prompt conversations about the room arrangements that delayed my booking through airbnb. I wrote with a final question about how to book my reservation, and more than 24 hours later received a reply that "there have been some changes yesterday. We are now fully booked for the dates you requested. Apologies for the inconvenience." I consider this rather unprofessional.

Also, the issue we had that delayed the reservation confirmation was that we are two friend travelers and were requesting a room with two twin beds instead of a shared bed. When I requested, I was told "we cannot guarantee a room with twin beds", without an explanation (if a room with twin beds was available at the time I asked, why couldn't I reserve it? If it was not available, why not just say it wasn't available?) Because I had to confer with my fellow traveler about whether we were comfortable sharing a bed, I delayed making the reservation.

Overall, I guess both issues relate to the idea of "first come, first served", which this establishment doesn't seem to honor.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
guidoamm, Owner at By The Lemon Tree, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
What RJS17 says is all true.
Her post also confirms the hunch I had throughout our email exchange.
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This review is from my daughter who stayed at By the LemonTree and I think it's worth sharing since she doesn't have an account:
"I stayed at By The Lemon Tree for 2 nights and it felt just like home :). Guido and his wife are super friendly and its their hospitality that gives the place such a cozy feel. The room was very comfortable and the location of the b&b is perfect (very quiet and peaceful environment). Breakfast by the lemon tree was a great way to start the day and the food was beyond delicious! Everyone was so helpful and there is really not one negative thing I can say about the place; I wouldn't think twice about staying there again :)"

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Excellent place to stay. The owner is nice and helpful, he even invited us to have wine with his family one night during our stay. The rooms were very clean, with comfortable beds and nice bathrooms. The room had it's own refrigerator (equipped with a bottle of wine), and nice tv's. The house also had a common use full kitchen and clothes washer/dryer. The washer/dryer came in very handy as we had been travelling for a couple days at that point. There is also a very nice rooftop terrace great for enjoying sunsets.

The only downside was that it was a bit of hike to any restaurants in the evening, but it really wasn't too hard to manage.

I would definitely recommend staying here to anyone visiting Amman. It was much nicer than any other accommodations that we saw.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I really enjoyed our recent stay here. The rooms are very clean and well furnished, the breakfast was great and the staff were friendly and polite. The view from the roof is really nice, as is the large communal area.

For longer stays this place must literally be close to perfection (there website explains it is more suited for med-long term stays). For shorter stays (like ours) the location just shaves a little off the score. It is very close to downtown Amman but the city is not easy to navigate and, even with all the info provided, taxi drivers really do have an issue finding it. If I could have given it 4.99999/5 I would have!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I really enjoyed staying By The Lemon Tree. The host does everything to meet your needs, the breakfast is great and served under the lemon tree and rooms are modern. The area is quiet but just 15 minutes walking brings you down to the old town of Amman. I am sure to stay at this place again if I return to Amman.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Amman
Reviewed May 19, 2013

By the Lemon Tree was my first B&B and it will not be my last. Like many residents of the "LT", this was my home for several months and provided to me a warmer, more private environment than any hotel. Many fellow residents live there for months and a some stay for a few days at a time, mostly singles and also a few families with little ones! All welcome, all happy to be there. The staff is beyond amazing, really focused on guest comfort. Breakfasts were incredible -- I didn't know I loved Swiss chard and leeks until I had their breakfast! (I left with several recipes...) And the hospitality is superb, especially for folks who live there months at a time -- we were all thankful to have this home away from home and to feel a part of the "LT" family. I will always stay in touch with this wonderful family and I hope everyone who comes to Amman will stay at By the Lemon Tree. My months living there entailed genuine hospitality was an unexpected - and much beloved - gift of friendship.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business