“Disappointment”

Ranked #333 of 638 Restaurants in Amman
Cuisines: Caribbean, Polynesian, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The World famous Trader Vic's Restaurant & Bar Lounge, and Home of the Original Mai Tai®. Offering a variety of Polynesian and Island Exotic Cuisine accompanied by New World Wines and Cocktails perfectly mixed by Trader Vic’s Bartenders, considered the best in Jordan.Whether you are in the mood for a relaxing chill environment with friends and loved ones or in the mood for a night of dance and mingling our professional Cuban band will make your night one to remember.With locations around the world, Trader Vic’s is a family of restaurants, united by our four cornerstones: Decor, Food, Drinks, and Service. Combined, these define the Trader Vic’s Brand and create the Trader Vic’s experience. To ensure the success of each new restaurant, our team of experienced professionals is dedicated to delivering sincere and personalized service and a flexible support structure to each franchise partner. We are respectful to regional conventions and incorporate local customs without diluting the Trader Vic’s Brand.
Barcelona, Spain
“Disappointment”
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Went there for lunch with my wife on our first day in jordan thinking that it will be the same quality as the other trader vics. But sad to say that it was far from what should it have been.my wife ordered the spicy chilli hammour, and it was just hammour with tomato sauce and over cooked. Menehune was all ice and when we asked the waiter to remove the ice nd out more liquor, he just removed the ice and gave back the drink in half.

1 Thank Bigpo74

Beirut, Lebanon
“Good Atmosphere - Average Food - Great Cocktails”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Trader Vic’s is located on the underground level of the Regency Palace Hotel of Amman. The first time I went there was with a group for a business lunch-meeting. There weren't a lot of customers when we arrived. We sat on the table facing the bar and next to a large red oven, where they grill meat and chicken.

Appetizers we tried:
- Beef skewers (good taste and fun; cooked on an open flame)
- Ceaser salad with chicken (average tasting)

Main Plates we tried:
- Sweet and sour prawns with steamed rice (average tasting)
- Kung Pao Chicken (Tastes good)

Side Dishes we tried:
- Baby Spinach & Artichoke soup (Taste: not good)

Desserts we tried: We asked to share a variety of all desserts they had:
- Chocolate triangle cake (not tasty & not smooth at all)
- Cheesecake (awful!)
- Creme Brulee (average)

In general, my colleagues liked the food, but I didn't like it that much. I forgot the names of all the dishes ordered, but all of us agreed that we didn't like the desserts. Anyway, in summary, I think it's a nice place to hang out in.

Beautiful, exotic interior design - a mix of Latino & Hawaiian style.

Great atmosphere, especially on Salsa and Tango nights!

Excellent Presentation of food & exotic cocktails! Mai Tai was my favorite cocktail!

• Visited December 2012
Amman, Jordan
“Amazing Ambience”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I loved the atmosphere at Trader Vic's. Food was exceptional and so were drinks. Band and decoration, everything was too exotic. lovely experience!

• Visited December 2012
amman jordan
“by far the best night out in amman”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Trader Vics Amman is a great lounge and restaurant. Food is out of this world and always good, drinks are the best, and the music is live and fun. A must while in Amman.

• Visited July 2012
San Antonio, Texas
“Great Music topped off an otherwise average experience”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I was really looking forward to my first time at Trader Vic's. Maybe it was the thought of exotic drinks or me just remembering how they used to have the reputation as a place to see and be seen. Either way, in the end, it was a bit of a let down.

First let me say that the cuban salsa group that was playing in the bar was very good and the crowd grew and dance floor overflowed as the night went on. I think I would have been much more satisfied if we had just gone to enjoy the music and have a drink. I highly suggest that route.

Unfortunatly, we went with a group of friends to eat and have drinks. I was extremly disappointed with the drink portion of the evening. It took forever for them to take our drink orders and after perusing the very promising and extensive drink menu we chose several different options (and by the end of the night a couple of us had at least three different options). It seems we were ther on an off night for the bar. The fruit component of each of our cocktails was obviously canned and/or way out of season. Everything that should have been sweet was tart at best. I had to send my daiquiri back. It was just about the worst daiquiri I have ever had. The house specialty Mai Tai was average at best. It actually had a salty component. Not what I was expecting for sure.

The food was not bad. We had several different dishes and tasted each. The fish dishes were solid but not fantastic. The mango beef had a good amount of quality beef but was a bit bland rather than the savory treat I was expecting. Overall, our whole party agreed that we received much less value for the money spent.

The service itself was good - by Jordanian standards. It took a while for our food to arrive but I attribute that to them trying to get all of our dishes out at once. It was disheartening though to see the late members (20 minutes after we orderedd) of our group seated at another table right next to us but receive their food 15 minutes before us.

In the end, I will probably go back but just for simple drinks and to enjoy the very good salsa music. Not for the food.

• Visited February 2012