“Unique experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Beit El-Fukhara - CLOSED

Beit El-Fukhara
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Description: Beit El-Fukhara (Pottery House) is a new restaurant that serves home cooked Arabic food, just like our grandmothers & mothers used to do. So if you want a healthy filling traditional Arabic meal give us a try! We can also cater to vegetarians; and have some choice international dishes like pastas and sandwiches for the less adventurous.Beit El-Fukhara is located on a busy street - Abdullah Ghosheh; despite that, the interior is warm & peaceful overlooking a small garden. The background music is a mixture of older Arabic music (60s & 70s) to newer material from today's up-and-coming talent - all though are on the softer and jazzy side.Looking forward to your visit!
Greenville, SC
“Unique experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

When passing in front of this restaurant, we thought it was still under construction. We stopped in and spoke to the staff and were happy to learn that it was in fact open. Although located on a busy street the inside was quiet and a nice atmosphere. The food was terrific, and the service was over the top. We especially enjoyed watching the breadmaking process using an oven call tannoor. Great place to spend an afternoon or evening enjoying Arabic food.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Pharo68

Amman, Jordan
“First-rate, Fabulous, Flavorsome Fukharrat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

I brought two friends of mine to share what I already presumed would be a fabulous meal .. and I was indeed correct! For appetizers, we ordered the 2alayit bandorah (we almost licked the bowl clean) , and kabab / lahmeh shu2af , which were very tender. For our entrees, we ordered the spicy fish fukharra, the chicken and vegetables fukharra and the kufta bil t7eeneh fukharra. The spicy fish was sufficiently spicy, not too much and not too little. I have to say that the chicken fukharra takes the cake among the others; the cilantro-flavored sauce was just perfect!!! The t7eeneh sauce on the kuftah was finger lickin good! I've gotta note that each fukharra comes with a bowl of delish rice with vermicelli, just like my mom makes it! To make the experience even more pleasant, the service was spectacular starting from the waiter named Fadi to the manager, who made sure that our meal was satisfactory. Overall, I had a great experience and I plan on taking my parents there next Friday.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank BadeaJaber
Amman, Jordan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Finally! Delicious, authentic and reasonably priced home-made Arabic cuisine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

I may have said it all in the title! I was very pleasantly surprised to have such a delicious Arabic lunch that has one thing most of us locals crave when eating Arabic cuisine - which is the homemade factor! I had a great kibbeh labanieh which was had a rich flavor and was accompanied with some vermicelli strewn rice which is just how I like it! I also ordered the spicy potato dish as an appetizer which was a perfect blend of spice and other flavors. Overall, I can't wait to go back with friends and try some of the great items on the menu which are all reminiscent of my grandmothers cooking,

• Visited February 2012
Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great home cooked arabic food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

My friend & I were told of a new restaurant that serves home cooked arabic food and not the traditional BBQ and mazza (appetizers) that you find everywhere else. So we thought we'd give it a try. The restaurant is located on a busy street full of fast food chains; so it was nice to find this place that is a full-fledged restaurant. From the outside, you don't expect much, but once you go in you find a warm and spacious layout. It even has a small garden in the back. The colors & decor match the restaurant's name which translates into "Pottery House". The menu is in both Arabic and English, with details that make it easy for a non-Arab to know what to order. In general, the food consisted of stew-like dishes with varying types of vegetables with either chicken or beef.

We tried a few appetizers and a couple of of the home cooked dishes. I recommend the muhammara (crushed walnut paste) & labaneh (sour cream like dip) as an appetizer & then the keftah in tomato or the chicken with lemon & garlic - both these dishes come in a pottery plate, an interesting dish to eat out of. The food was good with lots of flavor. We were then offered complimentary tea & an arabic dessert similar to custard or rice pudding called mouhalabieh. That was nice! The staff was friendly & the music pleasant (all arabic but nice). Overall, we enjoyed ourselves.

I'd recommend this place for those that want to know what real home cooked arabic food is like.

• Visited November 2011