“Could this be the best in Amman”
Review of Levant

Levant
Ranked #23 of 647 Restaurants in Amman
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Could this be the best in Amman”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

If your interest is outstanding food only, can there be anything better than this. The prix fixe menu is out of this world. Can't help but feeling that this is an Arabian Nights type experience.

Visited March 2013

• Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Amman, Jordan
“A taste that will live long in your memory”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

One of my favorite restaurants, its a must when you in Amman, expensive but you will get what you pay for, appetizers are great and tasty, kabab, shwarmah, and fukhara are highly recommended as a main course
bottom-line, once in Amman, make sure not to miss this place

• Visited January 2013
Stevenage, United Kingdom
“Delicious food at every course”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

One of my favourite restaurants in Amman so far. Definitely one to take people to. With their diverse and interesting menu, and great cooking, you will not be disappointed.

As a large group, we got to try a great array of starters, and I have to say I was not disappointed by any. Normally I tend not to favour the salads and meatless starters, but I couldn't stop eating once the food started coming. Notably the freekeh, fatoosh, sautéed mushrooms, halloumi...and the rest. Our meat mains came encased in a bread cover baked to the pot. The meat was very tender and tasty, especially the lamb (chops I think? with bone wrapped in baked bread). We saw another table given their own shawarma spindle on their table that looked like no ordinary tasting shawarma!

I would say the food was a little slow to come, but good things come to those who wait. The price is a bit higher, and the experience slightly fancier than my normal preference. You can order alcohol also, although we did not.

• Visited March 2013
Amman
“Couldn't find a reason why!!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The atmosphere was a business meeting. The tables were crammed with starters, that the garrisons were taking plates unfinished (one took my plate while I was taking to the guy next to me)
Serving was less than average, but food was pretty good.. 3 main points made me disregard giving a 5 star review:
1-Service was poor and slow and inefficient ( orange juice was served 30 min after ordering it 4 times!,, coffee was not served till I was on the doorway!! The service was awful and irritating
2- too much argeelih smoke in poorly vented place
3- chairs were not comfortable with its curved wooden back support not fitting medium to large sized customers

If not invited I will never waste my silver there!

2 Thank Tareq75
Amman
“Very delicious, but pricy”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The place is beautiful. great service and friendly staff.
We almost tried every item on their menu and I didn't find not one plate that we didn't like. everything they serve tastes so good, and is presented beautifully.
My favorites are the freekeh with cheese, chicken usmanliyeh, meat sajiyeh.
But it's a bit expensive.

• Visited February 2013