“Great homestyle Levantine food you learn to cook yourself”
Review of Beit Sitti

Beit Sitti
Ranked #13 of 670 Restaurants in Amman
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: guests to make a homemade traditional arabic salad, mezza, main course and a dessert course arabic meal with the help of a local woman , then get to enjoy it on our balcony or indoors at our grandmothers house in one of the oldest neighbourhoods in Amman
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Beit Sitti is probably one of the most fun cultural experiences to be had in Amman. The food is very good, but in a way, that's not why you come here. Beit Sitti is all about learning how the locals cook from some very hospitable and knowledgeable hosts -- in fact, these are some of the nicest people I've met Amman!

Be warned, the place is a little hard to find, even for someone who has lived in Amman for more than a year, like me. Otherwise, the location is great, with great views. Also, make sure to have a fair amount of change on hand. Credit cards are not accepted, and they bizarrely do not have any change on hand.

If you can come with friends, I'd recommend it; otherwise, you will make new ones (also a good experience). Typically the group makes bread, an appetizer and a main dish. The variety is therefore a little limited (but again, not why you come). No matter what, you are going to have a great time. I highly recommend this for any visitor or ex-pat in Amman.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Forget going to a sit down restaurant while in Amaan. Beit Sitti is a must do. My girlfriend and I spent a night cooking at Beit Sitti and it was one of the more memorable experiences of our trip to Jordan. Middle Eastern cooking is very unique and it is not often you get to learn it first hand. The staff at Beit Sitti were super nice and gave went through a whole mean with us - appetizer, salad, main course, and of course our favorite desert. We took tons of pictures and it was generally just a fun time. The food was delicious and there was wayyy too much. They also have their unique spice blend and rose water for sale. Finally they sent us the recipes of everything we made after we got home so we relive the memories here in Canada.

1  Thank msgjuba
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We loved it - the traditional house with intricate tapestry on the chairs all done by Grandmother, the photos on the walls - the view from outside. I went with my daughter and 7-yr-old grand-daughter who was made to feel really welcome and involved. So much culinary information was shared (in very good English) - I wish I could remember it all, but at least I've got the recipes. We made bread, mouttabal with salad, maaloubeh, and osmalieh for dessert. One or two ingredients were pre-prepared, but we did most of the work. I loved that they engage local women in the preparation of some of their ingredients - for example pomegranate molasses - and that even the plates and dishes are hand-made locally. Children are half price; If you're the first to book, you get to choose the menu. It's cheaper if you join with others but you can just be on your own.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Pleasant evening. Food was good. Difficult to locate. Leave earlier and anticipate getting lost. The two cooks did a great job. If you are sick or have a cold please be considerate of the other participants and do not participate in the cooking class because it is all hands on and shared food preparation.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

every time i enter Biet sitti , i go back in time to my grandma's house, I could feel her presence and warmth.then comes the cooking experience which was amazing. We cooked authentic arabic food ourselves with the supervision of a great( hajeh) cook, the best part at the end is when we get to enjoy the meal we prepared.It was delicious,amusing.and great .A special thanks to the wonderful and charismatic Maria who made the whole experience so special.

1  Thank sherry b