“And all were great”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Beit Sitti

Beit Sitti
Ranked #13 of 618 Restaurants in Amman
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout
Description: guests to make a homemade traditional arabic salad, mezza, main course and a dessert course arabic meal with the help of a local woman , then get to enjoy it on our balcony or indoors at our grandmothers house in one of the oldest neighbourhoods in Amman
Amman, Jordan
“And all were great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is a must-try for all visitors to Amman. Beit Sitti is set in a traditional house in one of the city's lovely older neighbourhoods. The cozy kitchen/dining room setting is gorgeous and you are made to feel at home immediately. Everyone gets an apron and a chopping board and you make a traditional salad, starter, main and dessert. It a great way to learn some basic Arabic dishes, which you all sit down to eat afterwards. I've been three times and made different dishes, and all were great. They do not serve alcoholic drinks but you are welcome to bring your own. I would recommend this for a group up to about 10 people, as I have been with a larger sized group and it can get a bit crammed and unfocused. During the summer they shift the experience outside to the spacious terrace.

• Visited October 2013

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
Brussels, Belgium
“Unique Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Enjoyed every minute of the experience at Beit Sitti!

My friend and I were warmly welcomed from the minute we entered till the minute we left the place.

Umm Reem was extremely professional and kind, and was happy to answer all our questions, and Ali happily documented our unique experience by taking photos of us while we were cooking!

The food was delicious and healthy, the ambiance was sensational, and the staff and owner were delightful!

Would definitely recommend it and repeat it.

• Visited September 2013
MN
“Top Rate Cooking Class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

We try to have some sort of cooking adventure as we travel and Beit Sitti was great. We were there in January, it had snowed and was cold. Maria welcomed us and set us up to make a wonderful supper. When I asked about something I had earlier tried she offered to make it as a part of the experience. To do that the eggplant really needed charring so out we went to the patio and fired up the grill. She explained everything well. Both my husband and I cooked and worked on the dinner and she even got our driver involved. We had a great time with great food. She sent the recipes by e mail so I didn't have to keep track of them on the trip and answered a couple of e mail questions I had when we got home. I highly recommend this for the experience and the food!

• Visited January 2013
Durham, New Hampshire
“Beit Sitti is the Place to Become Jordanian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

The lovely family-run cooking experience that Beit Sitti offers is an absolutely wonderful one. I cannot say enough how fantastic the food we learned to cook turned out and that wouldn't have been possible without the great teaching from the woman who ran our class. We did the class in mid-August, just my mother and I. It was a very close and warm environment and the house itself is beautiful. The cooking class is held in the 1930s kitchen that belonged to the grandmother of the women who teach it. A gorgeous balcony overlooking the Old City of Amman is where you'll enjoy your hard work - a beautiful view and a delicious meal. I cannot recommend this place enough as a one of a kind cultural learning experience. Enjoy Jordanian food like the Jordanians do!

• Visited August 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Yummy but annoying.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I went to Beit Sitti with a group of about 12. The young woman giving the class was like a drill sergeant, and spoke to us as though we were children - we were a group ranging from late-20's into our 60's. Very, very annoying, and I wasn't the only one who felt like this. I personally felt the competition aspect, handing out certificates, would be best for small kids. A bit of music during dinner would have been nice, maybe some Fayruz. However, the atmosphere was lovely - the premises are beautiful, the food is delicious and wholesome, I learned some great cooking tips, and the idea is lovely too.

• Visited August 2013