“A unique souvenir from Jordan”
Review of Beit Sitti

Beit Sitti
Ranked #14 of 686 Restaurants in Amman
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: guests to make a homemade traditional arabic salad, mezza, main course and a dessert course arabic meal with the help of a local woman , then get to enjoy it on our balcony or indoors at our grandmothers house in one of the oldest neighbourhoods in Amman
Reviewed October 20, 2012

If you want a souvenir that is different from the norm. I would highly recommend attending a cooking class at Beit Sitti, which I was told means “my grandmother’s house”. That was definitely how I felt upon arriving at Chef Maria’s ancestral home. A very warm and personable lady, Maria was patient and made a dish that looks intimidating but turned out to be so simple. You are given a choice of selecting 3 course of menu (appetizer, main and dessert) from an extensive list that is provided. My selection of Fattoush, Ma’aloubeh (upside down chicken rice) and Kanafeh was beyond my expectation. As mentioned, it was simple to follow and oh so super delicious. If you want a unique piece of authentic souvenir from Jordan, then this is the place to go. Since returning home, I have cooked the dishes twice for my friends and everyone loved it! Thank you Maria!!!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

All travelers to Amman should immediately go to Beit Sitti and learn how to make an authentic Jordanian meal. You will not be disappointed. You'll have the pleasure of meeting a very special family who takes great pride in their culture and their food. A "must", indeed.

1  Thank Christopher H
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I loved the place, The atmosphere is great, the terrace has a nice view of Old Amman, Its situated in one of the oldest areas of Amman.

If you're looking to learn arabic cuisine while on the visit to Amman this is the place to go! Its Yummy too ;)

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Everyone is so nice and the food is totally delicious! It is absolutely worth a visit. We got the chance to cook local Arab food ourselves.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

What an enjoyable experience. I dont like eggplant (aubergine) as a rule and so was a bit apprehensive to learn that all the dishes we were to cook involved eggplant. (We were added to another party and the birthday lady had picked the menu!) Getting to learn how to cook local cusine, meeting other people and producing fabulous food made it a night to remember. In fact, the food we helped produce was so tasty I've decided that I do actually like eggplant! Maria was an excellent host and made sure that everyone got involved, whether you were experienced in cooking or not. Just remember to bring your own bottle if you would like to cook with alcohol, as we only realised half way through that the wine we were drinking was supplied by the birthday group and not Beit Sitti - given the price of acohol many apologies were needed! Now that I have the recipies, we have arranged a Jordanian night to repeat the experience on our return to the U.K.