“Delicious food”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2017

We ate here when they were serving an iftar buffet, it was some of the most delicious middle eastern food I've ever eaten. Fresh, tasty, lovely ambience, great service. What more can you ask for. Clearly popular with the expat crowd.

1  Thank Annie202014
Write a reviewReviews (1,511)

Reviewed June 14, 2017

This is great restaurant located on Rainbow Street. They serve excellent food with excellent service. Jordanian and Levantine (Lebanese, etc.) dishes prepared very well, a couple of cuts above the normal fare and some recipes have an interesting twist. Price is expensive, but in the average zone for other restaurants of this quality (very high) in Amman. They are somewhat in-between a restaurant purely geared for tourists and geared for the local crowd, which makes it a high quality change of pace for either of those groups (which may explain some of the uneven reviews). They serve a great Iftar during Ramadan and have daily specials throughout the week. Really, this is a great place and a great dining experience.

3  Thank rounderone
Reviewed June 13, 2017 via mobile

I had contacted Sufra to make arrangements for a large dinner of approximately 40-50 guests traveling from abroad. I spoke to Ahmed AlAmour the manager. He was extremely unprofessional over the phone while I was asking questions, and seemed very irritated by the fact that I was inquiring about their outdoor and indoor seating options. I also asked whether or not we can come up with a menu together, instead of using their set menu options. He proceeded to swear under his breath, while I was on the phone with him!!!! I could not believe what I was hearing. To say he was extremely unprofessional is an understatement. Swearing Jordanian men at potential customers? I'm sorry, but this is not the type of environment I would want to host my extended family and friends at. Never again, Sufra.

1  Thank aaa214
Reviewed June 7, 2017

Its a beautiful little restaurant on rainbow street. Lovely décor and table/serveware. Fine dine prices with good food- but I wish they could guide u more with the menu (like tips/ recommendations for tourists or first time guests). We ordered for some Fateh and chicken hummus which was satisfactory. However the winner for us was the knaffe (a delectable cheese based desert) which we tasted for the first time and could nt get enough of!!

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank sirionthego
Reviewed June 6, 2017

Sufra is a place that is well triangulated by the various rating mechanisms. It has really great atmosphere and a nice selection of local foods. It also has a wonderful mint drink. One of the nicest all around experiences and value for money

Date of visit: May 2017