“atmosphere and great local food for reasonable prices”
Review of Sufra Restaurant

Sufra Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 1,093 Restaurants in Amman
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 6, 2017

Sufra is a place that is well triangulated by the various rating mechanisms. It has really great atmosphere and a nice selection of local foods. It also has a wonderful mint drink. One of the nicest all around experiences and value for money

Date of visit: May 2017
Write a reviewReviews (1,513)

Reviewed June 6, 2017

Came here to eat last week and enjoyed excellent food in the courtyard. The buffet was well organised with a great variety of dishes, which were all beautifully presented. The service was very good during the meal. I would have said it was a perfect evening except for one member of staff - not in uniform - who was extremely off with me for not greeting him. He was there as we arrived with other guests and I thought he was a guest. I do not appreciate being made to feel that I am ungracious - if anything, as an employee, he should be making every effort to greet customers. However, I feel it would be unfair to let one person affect the rating as the restaurant setting and food were so good.

1  Thank Geologygirl21
Reviewed June 3, 2017 via mobile

Ramadan atmospheres were wonderful at this restaurant, I like the place; however, the food is not very delirious....

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed June 3, 2017

Every time I travel to Amman (which I go to for work usually), I make a beeline for dinner at Sufra. This restaurant is among my favourites in the world, and has yet to disappoint. Set in a beautifully tiled old mansion, with a courtyard where you can eat in summer, Sufra raises Jordanian cuisine in quality. I would recommend having a variety of mezze, all made with fresh ingredients. The Sufra hummus, the green beans and the fatayer were all excellent. For the main, you can't go wrong with the traditional mans though I prefer the Chicken Fatteh. The staff are friendly and helpful. Highly recommend - but make a reservation. Sufra's excellent food isn't a secret!

Reviewed May 28, 2017 via mobile

My visit was on November last year , at that day I was alone and staying with my friends at their place in the rainbow street and decided to walk around and choose a place to eat . And I chose Sufra , the place is lovely I had Humus and Mansaf and Humus was great but I really didn't like the Mansaf maybe I'm used to meat in different way but it totally didn't worth the 30$ I payed

Date of visit: November 2016