“Brilliant location super helpful staff loved it”
Review of Heritage House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amman
Heritage House
Ranked #8 of 108 Amman B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 27, 2012

As this was my first trip to Amman and I landed at 2.30am, I organised the hotel to collect me from the hotel, right from the start of my booking, the hotel staff were more than helpful and polite, nothing was too much trouble.
They even came out of the hotel to look for me when I got lost trying to find the hotel after I had been out exploring the next day!
I stayed in a studio room, it was spotless and a very good size, all the furniture was in good order and modern, the bed was probably one of the most comfortable I have slept in.
Yes I would say it was a little noisy, but I find that as standard in the Middle East, I just used ear plugs and slept fine.
My only niggle would be the breakfast offering, it was quite limited, but I only ended up having breakfast one morning at the hotel, the rest of the time I went in search of cafe's, so it didnt bother me and in the grand scheme of things it wasnt such a big problem.
The hotel is located in a good location, and walking distance to the Roman Ampitheatre and Souks, I found the Wild Jordan Cafe great for breakfast, alongside Turtle Green tea shop just up the road from the hotel. The Armenian restaurant and Q restaurant (there specialty Camel Burger) were great finds, and very reasonably priced, the waiting staff were excellent and so was the food, they were also on Rainbow St.
It was also very easy to take the Jett Bus to Petra, and I did so, for a day trip, the bus cost return was 18JD, I took a taxi to the bus station for 5JD (which the hotel booked for me) the bus left at 6.30am (taking 3 hours including a quick stop for refreshments), it was very well organised and the staff were friendly and helpful.
I'd also recommend hiring a taxi to take you to the Dead Sea, Myself and a friend paid to use the Movenpick resorts facilities for the day, we floated on the Dead Sea and covered outselves in mud and baked in the sun, with the day price admission (50JD) this includes a buffet (the food was excellent, lots of fresh salads, grilled meats and desserts, we both went back 3 times to fill our plates). Then we carried onto the Ma'in Spring waterfall, totally magical place, we opted to use the main waterfall as the smaller one was 45 degrees and we found it too hot.
I ran out of time to see everything but I would deff return to Jordan and stay at Heritage House again, and would recommend it anyone, yes its not a 5 star hotel, but for the price you pay its amazing value for money.

Room Tip: 3rd floor, the best views.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Lone-Girl-Adventurer

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed at Heritage House for 3 nights in the middle of October in a 2-bedroom apartment. I was not sure what to expect, but we were pleasantly surprised. From the reception staff to the porters, everyone was more than willing to help at every step and made sure our stay was pleasant.

The location is great - right on the bottom end of Rainbow Street, giving you ample opportunity to stroll the many boutiques lining the street or stop for a quick bite. There are many restaurants, both quick and sit downs to appeal to every taste. There's a really good ice cream shop close by as well.

It did get a little noisy on the weekend, but it wasn't so bad as to give us any hassle sleeping.

The apartment was very nice and spacious and we loved the full french windows all around the living room. You could just open the curtains and people watch in the evening and relax. The apartment had all the basic amenities you'd expect - microwave, fridge, and coffee making facilities. There were 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Both well appointed and very comfortable beds.

The one complaint we did have was that the housekeeping was not attentive and throughout our stay, the master bath was pretty dirty and the towels and sheets were not once changed. The floors in the room were not particularly clean either - as evidenced by our dirty after walking barefoot a few times. Another thing - please provide free Internet in the rooms. The Internet was a bit pricey, imo, although they do provide a workstation in the lobby for urgent needs.

The included breakfast was quite basic, but it was filling before starting a day of seeing the sights: basic toast, croissants, boiled eggs, hummus, cheese, turkey salami, etc. They also provide free coffee throughout the day in the lobby - a nice touch for when you get home tired.

Overall, I would say this was a pleasant stay with us, with the exception of being very clean. I would recommend this place for it's location, friendly staff and comfortable accommodation for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mohammed B
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Nice clean appartments, modern furniture and air conditioned. It was a bit noisy being at the bottom of Rainbow Street as Thursday and Friday evenings cars drive round and round with windows open and loud music playing!
The staff were very helpful and it was nice to have a kitchen to self cater when you don't want to eat out for every meal.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank F H
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Located just off Rainbow street, this fine little hotel has a wonderful staff who were very helpful in taking care of my odd transportation requests. The rooms are more like small apartments and are clean with nice views of the area. A great alternative to all the big chains and dumpy small hotels in Amman

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Vazil
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This is a boutique hotel in the best location in amman, I stayed here last year for three weeks, so I got a good deal, but I'm not sure if it's good value for a short stay. But it's not easy to get a place like that in that part of town I think. It really became like my home in Amman, I had a room with an awesome view and you get a ton of light during the day. You get a kitchen and nice furniture. It's like living in a nice apartment with good service. The only thing is, I wouldn't use their laundry service, it was a rip off. The breakfast was standard, not so much variety, but ok for me.

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Noora K
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is a great option for people who want clean, roomy and comfortable accommodation, quiet street 20 metres from a bright, safe, restaurant area. We thought it was great.
We stayed only for one night but could have stayed longer. Great aircon, good bed, impecably clean. We had a small suite with a king bedroom, lounge room & great flat LCD TV, writing desk, free wifInternet. B'fast okay but we were leaving early to catch an early flight. Very happy with light offerings.The hotel location in sensational - almost at the corner of rainbow st. Lots of good restaurants. I can happily recommend this establishment - quiet bur well located with everything we wanted.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travellingMs
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

These apartments are located in Al Rainbow street which is a lively street in Amman where mostly young people from well off families come to meet and talk in the different coffee shops and restaurants which are located in his street. The apartments are spacious and have a small kitchen and fridge. Buffet breakfast is offered from early morning until 11 am which is very convenient. Breakfast variety is not the greatest but if you are staying for a few days then it will do. Sometimes there is noise from cars passing by on the street while playing music but that did not bother us because we went to bed late anyway. Free car parking is offered and it is advisable to give a small tip to the person who will park your car otherwise taxis are available especially up the street because it gets crowded at night and cabs try to avoid getting stuck. Nearby there are a few convenient stores and many restaurants and coffee shops. Old town is a walking distance down the hill and is good to explore on foot. Don't miss Jara market on the rainbow street on Friday. It is composed mostly of vendors who work for or with charity organizations and other small family businesses.

• Stayed: September 2012