“Best place to stay in Amman, amazing service, great breakfast and unbeatable value for money.”
Review of Jordan Tower Hotel

Jordan Tower Hotel
Ranked #22 of 150 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed 5 nights in total, the staff is fantastic, extremly helpful, breakfast there makes it the best start to the day you can wish for and they are always happy to help be it for travel advise, grouping you up for onward travel and excursions. The dorms are spacious, spanking clean and very safe.

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel is in the downtown area of Amman, within walking distance to Rainbow street and Roman baths area.

The front desk is very friendly and will gladly help its guests with daytrip tours and Petra tours. I was travelling alone and wanted to go to Petra and the front desk help me setup my tour and to help offset costs, offered to tell other guests about the trip (indeed there were 2 other guests interested and there were 3 of us in the car to Petra the next morning.)

It was very clean and quite diverse staff (one was from Sudan, another was from Philippines, in addition to local Jordanians.)

Overall I'd stay here again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed at the Jordan Tower Hotel at the start of November with my other half. We got a twin room on the 4th floor (406), which overlooked the Roman Theatre (which was a pretty amazing view)! It also looked straight into a mosque, so the call to prayer was loud, waking us up at about 5:30am each morning (although it did feel very authentic)!

To be honest, the room was very basic - incredibly basic - bar a small flatscreen tv and digibox teetering precariously on the wall. Simple beds with firm mattresses and hard pillows, and a slightly temperamental (and loud) air-con unit were all that was in there. The city was loud below and the curtains didn't quite cover the windows (but as i said, we were awake after the call to prayer anyway, so i suppose that didn't matter). The bathroom was a small wet room (essentially a lavatory cubicle with a shower over it). Pretty awkward, but was all FINE - I just didn't ever feel particularly relaxed in the room.

One big positive to JTH was the breakfast - other hostels like this wouldn't put on a nice cooked-to-order brekkie, so I was very impressed with theirs. Had a tasty omelette each morning which kicked off the day's sightseeing well. Hummus and jam with bread too.

The communal areas were really nice and cosy, and the staff were friendly and helpful - lots of organised tours across Jordan that can be booked easily (although if you need a taxi, it will probably be cheaper to walk around the area and barter with the local taxi drivers for a much better price).

So overall I'd say JTH was in a great location, but with VERY basic rooms. I'm sure the bigger dorms were much cheap and were better value, but I couldn't help feeling that I paid a little over the odds for what we got room-wise (35JD/night). So if you're after a private room, I'd recommend a solid bit of investigation before settling for JTH, but it did do the job as a central base for the hustle and bustle of Amman.

TO NOTE: payment for the room had to be in cash, which we weren't aware of before (in fact i think it previously said they accepted visa etc).

FINAL POINT: Hopefully this is all constructive feedback for the hotel and they take it as such - I've noticed some rather curt responses to other reviewers in the past and think this is pretty bad practice to be honest (and doesn't reflect their friendly nature at the hotel)...

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I wasn't terribly impressed with this hotel and it was certainly our least favorite during our stay in Jordan. As a disclaimer, I don't know how this place compares to others in the area, but do think it is worth looking around for better quality hotels for the same price.

We had a private twin and the room was basic basic basic -- except for the TV. The bathroom (wetroom) was small with a shower head above the toilet. The bed mattress was very thin and the pillows were hard. I had trouble blocking out the light as the curtain was too small for the window and the area was very noisy -- even at night.

Despite the noise, the downtown location is great and you can't beat walking out the door to the hustle/bustle of Amman. The staff were very, very friendly and quite laid back.. and the breakfast was delicious and cooked to order. The free wifi in the communal areas was incredibly useful.

BUT -- as another reviewer below said -- "it was hard work staying here". In all honesty, I dreaded taking a shower and had trouble falling asleep with the noise/curtain issue.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I was a solo traveler and booked into 6 bed male dorm at the JT hotel. It was very reasonably priced at 11JD. I arrived in the afternoon after having some trouble with my flights the previous day and there was no trouble rearranging the dates for my stay.
The dorm was full but I still got a good nights sleep on a comfortable bed. The room could probably do with a good clean and an update but it was more than adequate for a one night stay. Breakfast was good, an omelet, olives, humus and bread with tea - plenty of it and filled me up for my day nicely.

I arranged the Kings highway tour on arrival. Luckily there were 2 couples doing this on the same day so the trip only cost 25JD but this would have been expensive for just a single traveler at 100 JD. The trip was great though. Taken to a number of different sites and the driver was good.

Overall I would definitely recommend a short stay here using it as a stop over from Amman or if you want to explore off to Jerash then down south. there isn't much else to see in Amman but was nice to walk out round the Souk and see the amphitheater which were close to the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This centrally located hotel offers spacious rooms with hostel character and a very good breakfast. The lounge is comfortable and invites you to linger. Total rather spartan but adequate. In addition, it is located on Roman theater, which can be comfortably watched from the roof terrace.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2012

For the price, this is an excellent choice for those looking to save money.

Be sure to bring shoes for the shower - it's a shower head that goes directly over the toilet/sink, so everything gets wet and can get a bit dirty, depending on how other guests are maintaining the bathroom.

We had to switch rooms part way through our stay. My partner and I were first put into a triple room (just the two of us) then moved into a double room. Small inconvenience.

Front desk was very helpful when our transport to the dead sea fell through, and connected us with a great driver, who later took us to the airport as well.

Breakfast was good, filling, and available one of the mornings when we were up very early to head to Petra.

Plenty of other social travelers to meet in the "living room" area, if you're into swapping stories.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends