Tripadvisor
Amman

“One of the best restaurants in Amman”
Review of Tamara

Tamara
Ranked #4 of 974 Restaurants in Amman
Description: Tamara, the Goddess of rivers and water, offers a chic palatial ambience with extensive use of intensive contrasting colors decorated with artifacts and an array of cushions and light fixtures in all three areas it operates.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Since the opening, my husband and I are regular customers.
The ambiance of the place is lovely and we request usually to be seated by the pool which was lovely at the end of the summer days and now beautiful at night specially when raining. The food is consistent and delicious. The salted fish, the Syadieh or the Frikeh cooked with Lobster are a must, the appetizers and salads are lovely as well. The staff are friendly, polite and standing ready to serve from the receptionist to the Resturant’s Manager, the waiters...
It is always a pleasant sight to have the young enthusiastic talented young lady chefs working as a team under the leadership of the young experienced Main Chef who is always open to suggestions and helpful in answering questions with a beautiful smile.

Tamara is suitable for a cozy dinner with your loved ones, family, friends and business. The prices are reasonable for the quality and quantity being served.

Enjoy!

2  Thank sanabtawi70
Write a reviewReviews (85)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Nice quality food friendly staff I just love the whole experience special thanks to the stuff the lamb chops was very amazing even the pool View while eating dinner it was raining it was just a beautiful experience thank you guys for everything that you done to make this night Funtastic

2  Thank Osama_faraj
StRegisDining, Owner at Tamara, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Greetings from the best address in Amman,

Thank you so much for sharing your review with us following your recent visit. We are very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful dining experience in Tamara.

Hope to see you back soon
Take care

Reviewed January 17, 2020 via mobile

More than excellent restaurant، Thank you Zain for making everything excellent I recommend it, I liked Lobster soup, I liked the fig salad and feta cheese

2  Thank Abdallah_919
StRegisDining, Owner at Tamara, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Greetings from the best address in Amman,

Hope to see you back soon
Take care

Reviewed January 15, 2020 via mobile

Either the stars are always aligned in our favor when we visit any St Regis hotel in the world or we just have the most amazing chemistry with this brand but yet again , our experience at the most recently tried restaurant Tamara, was love at first sight .. and it didn’t stop there .. the infatuation / steamy love affair continued to the very end when we walked out the door with our bellies full of the most fulfilling , most intelligently and creatively crafted food we’d ever had the pleasure of experiencing ! Oh my god ! I don’t even know where to begin but let me start with the people . As you know the food is critical to a dining experience but it’s the people / staff you interact with that really cement the deal ! We were greeted quickly upon arrival by Ibrahim the illustrious manager of this fine establishment who personally called us to invite us to try the restaurant as none of us had been . We invited the GM of a former business I used to own here in Jordan plus the staff of a current business I own in the States whose birthday we were celebrating . And truly a birthday that she’ll never forget . The menu looked incredibly delicious but Ibrahim relieved us the burden of having to choose amongst so much deliciousness and took the initiative himself of ordering all his favorite / most popular dishes on our behalf ! He scored a solid 10 in that regard . Nothing we ate was not tantalizingly good ! And I mean that with all my heart . The waiter Udai was incredibly friendly and knowledgeable of all the dishes further explaining the details of each course with gusto and authoritativeness . He knew his stuff ! I loved the fusion of typical Arabic dishes but with a seafood touch , so for example a shrimp freekeh , a lobster filled kibbeh , a salmon tabbouli (my personal favorite ) . I’ve never in my life had such a unique pairing of flavors and ingredients ! A culinary experience that I will take with me to the grave , dying a happy man if I get more opportunities like that in my lifetime , I assure you . Oh and the desserts were the icing on the cake quite literally ! The kunafeh ice cream dessert probably the best dessert I’ve ever had in my life ... and this is coming from a man who owns a dessert shop so those are some fighting words ! Thank you Ibrahim for such an unforgettable experience . It was perfection in every way . I cannot wait to introduce this gem of a restaurant to more of my friends . Just a matter of time before this place starts to win awards not just in Jordan but for the entire region . Undoubtedly, Michelin star worthy ❤️❤️

1  Thank Fadi081577
Reviewed January 15, 2020 via mobile

From the first steps into Tamara restaurant in newly opened StRegis Hotel Amman , me and my friends were overwhelmed with a good and caring service , which was pleasantly surprising for Amman . This is really making a difference to meet a very knowledgable stuff ,who explain all ,suggest right and taking excellent care of you . Tamara restaurant
named after the Goddess of rivers and water, showcase Levantine cuisine focused on seafood and organic products infused with the region’s flavours and specialising in simple coastal dishes prepared and served in sharing style. We had a great choices of starters, including salmon qinua tabbouleh, lobster kubbe, beetroot and eggplant dishes - really must try , an absolutely delicious lobster bisque and seafood platter as a main course was a great choice. Chef Mohammad was kind enough to help us understand the way the dishes were prepared and took good care of us .The restaurant is very pleasant , done in a modern style and has lovely and very relaxing and chic ambiance. We had an absolutely great time! Highly recommend you to visit!

3  Thank msLilia17