Arab Tower Hotel
$249
$203
$92
  • Breakfast included
Amman Pasha Hotel(Amman)(Great Value!)
$45
$32
  • Restaurant
$180
$175
$155
$135
  • Breakfast included
Jordan Tower Hotel(Amman)(Great Value!)
$28
Caravan Hotel(Amman)(Great Value!)
$42
$35
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdowntown ammancrab towerroman theatredead searooftop restaurantideal locationhummustop floorhot waterhotel is locatedthe hotel is cleantaxi drivercitadelpetratoiletarabjerash
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 7, 2013

A group of friends and I stayed at the Arab Tower Hotel over this past Eid. Not only was the location very central to all major sites in the city, the service was top notch. Reception was incredibly friendly, accommodation, and even upgraded our room to have extra sleeping space. Considering the low cost of the accommodation, they also offered an amazing breakfast with a beautiful view of the city. I would HIGHLY recommend this to all budget travelers and it will not disappoint. Thank you for a GREAT stay and I hope to be back again one day.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
ArabTowerHotel, Manager at Arab Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thanks for your review. We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your time with us and that your stay is pleasant. We have shared your most kind comments with the rest of the team, as there is no better motivation than praise for a "job well done –

Regards,

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Great customer service but location was not ideal. It was very local, which I generally tend to gravitate to except sexual harassment (verbal and physical) was unbearable. Additionally, taxis are quite expensive and going to and from Amman became costly. If the hotel was located in another part of Amman I would have appreciated it a lot more. However, I do want to strea that the staff were extremely helpful and pleasant!

• Stayed: October 2013

Greetings from Arab Tower Hotel. I would like to start by thanking you for your time in sharing your recent experience at the hotel.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay, I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback as it offers us an opportunity to improve our service.
Concerning location, I am sure that you would enjoy staying in a other area in Amman, It is your opinion, Usually Jordanians are not offending but maybe you have experience this. Usually when people choose to stay in Downtown they intend to experience authentic and local experience.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Taking the Trip Advisor's Award given to this hotel, I chose this hotel couple of weeks ago. There is really nothing special about this hotel. Like all other hotels in Amman downtown, it is pricey.

I stayed here on two occasions. The first room I had was on second floor Room (202) with a view of the Hussain Mosque so it was obviously noisy with all the traffic going on down in the streets till about midnight. The second was on sixth floor (Room 603) with a windows facing the windows of the next hotel room so make sure to pull the curtains close because it was clear enough to see through the glass otherwise. This was a noisier location considering that it was a below the rooftop, where the restaurant was, and people's loud conversations could be overheard.

The rooms were large, mattresses were comfortable, pillows were bit hard.
I have no idea if they send the thick fleece blankets to laundry after every check-out of the guests.
If the hair (obviously the previous guests's) collected on the drain does not make you go "EW", the bathroom will be fine.
The location is in the heart of the downtown, a walking distance to the Roman Theatre and a 20-minute walk uphill to the Citadel Amman, a 2 JD taxi ride to Abdali Station and 3 JD to Tabarbour. The hotel will be quiet hard to find, if you come by a taxi from the airport or from the Tabarbour Station for the first time.

The breakfast was a bit bland for my taste. Salt and pepper shakers are on the table though. The large bottled water are very reasonably price at 0.50 JD compared to 1 or 2 JD sold on most touristy places, so I made sure I always carried one with me.

There is a wi-fi connection at the lobby, which could become pretty slow at times, but there are two desktops down there which you could use for 1 JD per hour of net.

I found the reception staff bit unfriendly at first but once you've warmed up to them they're okay. They could use more smiles though. The only staff who smiled a lot back there was the bellboy named Abdulhalim.

The day trips serviced by the hotel are not frequently taken so there is a very slim chance for a lone traveller to share this with other guests, eventually having to go solo and paying for the entire expensive price. I survived the backpacking across the country by taking taxis, serveeces (shared taxix), buses as public transport is far cheaper and easily accessible to most areas except the Dead Sea (which only runs of Fridays via JETT).

It is a hotel that lets you do pretty much anything you fancy because on one of those nights there was a very loud party going on in the next room, with all the karaoke singing and door banging. The songs might have either entertained an enthusiastic neighbor or disturbed a tired guest who had floated the day at the Dead Sea.

I won't say "I recommend" or "I will not recommend this hotel" because I have never been to the other hotels in the area but this hotel is fully-booked on most days that when I wanted to have a late check-out on my last day there was no way so I just stayed at the lobby and they wouldn't really mind you lying down on the sofas there :)

Room Tip: If you stay at this hotel, I assume a fourth-floor room that is not along the street would be a quieter location.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Since you have requested a room with a street view, You should not predict that having a street view doesn't come with street noise. Considering staying in a downtown area. Considering your stay in room 603, The only time that there is noise on the rooftop is when breakfast was served, Since you were facing this issue you should have informed the front desk, And we wouldn't mind relocating you.
Please don't mention that our hotel is hard to find, Your taxi driver couldn't locate our hotel. I've told you while you were emailing us, Give the driver our phone number and location that I've sent to you, Because some drivers act that they don't know where the hotel is so they can make more money.
About the hair situation, Lucky us that you took a photo of almost everything about our hotel, But didn't manage to post a picture of your description.
Our Wifi connection is super fast and it is never slow. unless if there is over than 9 people using it at the same time. About the shared tours, They are used pretty often but you came on dates where nobody wants to go on a tour.

For the other comments If you wish to discuss them please don't hesitate to contact me on 00962799929905 or Mohannad@arabtowerhotel.com

Thanks,

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Staff are great and helpful, picked me up from airport even though I was a coupl eof hours delayed..and helped me out with money and trip, good breakfast, rooms good and trips organised..reasonable price too and I was given a suite as nothing was left for a single woman.

Room Tip: there is a lift and most rooms are fine
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we are pleased to know that we were able to meet your expectations during your recent stay at the Arab Tower Hotel.
Your kind words are much appreciated, in particular the ones about our employees and our service; Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have nothing but positive things to say about this budget hotel.
-helpful front desk staff (especially the one who worked in the afternoon & used to live in the States) answering our questions about restaurants, shops, itineraries about local sites
-fridge in the room offers very reasonably priced large bottled waters
-taxi transport services to scenic sites or airport
-nice omelette made to order for breakfast at the roof top dining area
-stored our luggage without charge after we have checked out because we are only flying out extra early the next morning.

Thanks for making our stay in Amman so special.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
ArabTowerHotel, Front Office Manager at Arab Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013