“A lot of potential”

Canyon Boutique Hotel
Ranked #117 of 151 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 1 night and this hotel has a lot of potential. I gather this is a relatively new hotel and is currently undergoing some renovations but will be very nice when finished giving it a modern look.

I was originally shown to a room with twin beds but just as I got to the room they rang me and asked if I would mind moving to another room. The room I went to had a queen size bed which I preferred anyway.
Rooms are quite a good size, could be a bit cleaner though.
Bed was very comfortable and I also liked the shower head.

What this hotel does need to do is train up staff to use their initiative a bit more and provide a better service. Once management has achieved this I believe this hotel has a lot to offer.

The rooms are suppose to come with an espresso machine which mine did not have, the first one did though. So rang up to request this. Staff arrived with mini bar stock. I repeated my request and they brought up the espresso machine but then I had to ask for milk and a cup. Staff brought up a cup but no milk.

I also had to ask for a menu as there was no information in the room which I suggest they do.

I tried to ring to order a meal from room service, I rang on three different occasions before ringing reception to tell them they were not answering. The kitchen rang me after about 10 minutes.
Meal was fairly prompt though, serving was huge and very tasty and good value.
I left the plate outside my room and when I checked out the next morning it was still sitting there waiting to be collected.

Breakfast selection good, but no staff on hand, they were in kitchen talking. Once they did appear you need to ask for a coffee instead of them asking you.

This hotel is about 25 minutes from airport.

Again a new hotel with alot of potential and I would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank nomaddeb

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Stayed two nights at this hotel - one at the beginning of my trip and one at the end. Both times, service in the restaurant was terrible. I actually had to go into the kitchen looking for a server to get coffee. Both times there was NO HOT WATER in the shower. The first day I could live with it. But when I got back after a two week hiking/cycling/camping trip I desperately wanted a HOT SHOWER!! I told them the minute I got in the room. They were full, apparently, and couldn't give me another room. Told me they would have it fixed the next day. I was leaving in the morning. Good location, bed was comfortable, but NO HOT WATER!! TWICE!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Susan R
Reviewed December 28, 2011

nice attempt of modern furniture, but the electronic key didn,t work, the minibar was empty, the liquid soap looked dirty and soo old, there was a coffee machine but NO capsules, no water, towels looked dirty. the neighborhood looked a bit unsafe and far away fro the center. The water inthe bathroom came so slowly and either boiling or freezing. Good wifi connection and nice personnel.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank a c
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I recently stayed at the Canyon Boutique hotel in Amman Jordan. Tucked away between a nice neighborhood of medical clinics, but not far from the center of town. Nice rooms with comfy beds and great linens. The food in the small restaurant was
very good and fresh, serving international dishes, but retraining that middle eastern flair.The staff was friendly, helpful and always smiling.
Free internet access in the small cozy lobby. Definatley a pleasant surprise and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 2, 2011

We spent a total of three nights here....two at the beginning of our Jordan adventure and one night at the end. The rooms are spacious and modern, the internet is free, and the breakfast includes eggs made to order. We also ate lunch and dinner at the hotel and found it to be quite good as well. The staff makes this place special. We were always treated to great service with a smile. Be aware that there is no pool and no spa but if you don't require those than this makes for a nice stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Pros - wireless internet access, helpful staff, large room, in-room fridge,

Cons - already showing a lot of wear and tear

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2010

I went to the Le Vendome in August, 2010 and was treated liked a dog there. So on the advice of a friend, I went to the Canyon. Less $$$ and far better value. Great rooms, great food. No complaints. I will go back there.

But if you go to Amman, be careful of the Taxi Drivers. They are notorious for decieving visitors. Insisit on the meter or pre-negotiated price. If you use the meter, know where you are going. They will drive inn circles to up the meter. Always ask someone like hotel clerk, what the taxi fee should be. And when you get there, never ask how much you owe them. look at the meter, I.E....24 is 2.4 JD, not 24JD.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business