“Really bad customer service”
Review of Books at Cafe

Books at Cafe
Ranked #34 of 717 Restaurants in Amman
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Just went to this restaurant for my last night in amman. A friend recommended it to us. What a bad experience. It took them around 44 minutes to just bring our drinks and about an hour an a half to bring the food. Plus they brought my order wrong. When I told the waiter he didn't care and didn't correct it. Really don't recommend it. On rainbow street you can find much better restaurants.

3  Thank gaferna

Reviewed November 22, 2013

We are from the UK and have been living in Amman for a few months. Had heard good reviews for this place so decided to visit today. The place is "trendy" and "hip" and I can see the attraction. However the customer service we experienced was appalling. We were sat down and forgotten about. No one even bothered wiping the table down that we were sat at. My wife then asked for menus and we were given two breakfast menus. She then had to ask a waiter to take our orders and by this time they had stopped serving breakfast. We were then informed we had to wait another half an hour until the next orders could be taken! Obviously we were starving so decided to go somewhere else. Five minutes walk up the road and we found Waffle House and the difference in service levels could not have been more different. Clearly, Books thinks all it needs to do to stay in business is to "be cool"!

2  Thank NewOne1980
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This place is a favorite among tourists, locals, and students alike. Visitors can have something to eat, enjoy a hookah, or just have a drink, and there is fairly reliable wi-fi. Don't leave Amman without visiting this funky, popular spot!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Books@Cafe is a place for everyone from intellectuals searching for books to read to young teenagers that enjoy their hubbly bubblies, I am glad we have more varieties to take guests to in Amman, also their food and service are great and the view of some parts of the city is very nice

Reviewed October 6, 2013

This was recommended by a colleague and I wasn't disappointed! There is a great atmosphere here, a super out look other parts of Amman. I loved the decor and jazz music, with the twinkling lights and the call to prayer in the distance. The menu is very western, but i did pick something I had never had before, a Chicken Fatti. It was chicken and crispy bread strips smothered in yogurt and topped with pine nuts. All delicious, and the beer was very cold too.