“Stop Smoking in Lobby”

Ranked #19 of 150 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed January 1, 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
IbisAmman, Front Office Manager at ibis Amman, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
IbisAmman, General Manager at ibis Amman, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I came to Amman for a business trip, arrived at 2 AM and it was very cold, everywhere was coverd by snow, icy roads etc.. Finally I reached the hotel but my room was freezing. I turned the heater on, fall asleep. Suddenly in the morning I realized that the room is still freezing.There was clearly something wrong but I had a meeting so I was thinking to talk about it in the afternoon. I asked the receptionist guy to call a taxi for me but he said they have an agreement with Hertz so they can only call Hertz. I said OK no prb. Than he said there is no available car&driver on Hertz. I said OK so call me a normal taxi! He said NO and after a few mins of discussion, I was about to miss my meeting, I left the hotel and found a taxi on the street by myself. In the afternoon I talked to another receptionist about the heating system. This was the only good thing they came to my room in 5 mins and fixed the problem (they came with a vacuum cleaner and cleaned. It took 2 mins to fix it, which they supposed to do it regularly or at least before the room was booked.) In the minibar there is only one small bottle (330ml) of water. I will pay it anyway so why don't you put more? Who thinks that 330ml water is enough per night+morning? Breakfast is better than average. The good things are , fast and free wi-fi, comfortable bed, quite rooms. Not recommended by me.

Room Tip: This hotel is not recommended by me.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
IbisAmman, General Manager at ibis Amman, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Dear Mr. Huss0

On behalf of myself and Ibis team I would firstly like to thank you for your time taken to post a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate any feed back that can help us improve our service.

Kindly note that we have a periodic cleaning schedule for air condition system in or rooms every two month as our preventive maintenance schedule and regarding taxi service we are use Hertz company for safety of our guest as car is fully insure, maintained and driver speaks Arabic and English but we don’t oblige the guest to use Hertz service.

Regarding the Mini fridge actually the fridge are specificity to ibis hotels in Middle East only and its not a mini bar, they are a response with tea and coffee to guest demand of the product evaluation and water its standard complimentary product for ibis middle east and not charged to guest.

On other hand I brief my team for you review and action will be taken a place in order be address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Again thank you for your review and hope to see you Again in ibis Hotel Amman.

Hotel Ibis Amman

Reviewed December 9, 2013

The Ibis in Amman has very compact rooms and lives up to it's name of being a budget business hotel. Free wi-fi, a bar in the lobby and a good location are the advantages. The staff are polite, helpful and friendly.

I do miss having room service though and larger bathrooms would be nicer... then again it is an Ibis Hotel!

Dear MarcHildreth

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Amman Al Madinah. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Kindly note that as ibis standard world wide room service is not part of our standard,

Reviewed December 1, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I have been to Jordan for the first time and it was good to stay at this hotel. I feel as if I'm in my home. cozy rooms and good service, staff are nice
Just the simple things I needed they are offering it in a nice way
Shops around it so you can get what you want from out of the hotel
It was really nice experience!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
IbisAmman, General Manager at ibis Amman, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Dear Mr.Seif28