“A Disappointing Experience (Uncaring Staff - A Beggar Security)”
Review of ibis Amman

ibis Amman
Ranked #19 of 148 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I am a regular guest at Ibis worldwide especially in Dubai, but the experience i witnessed at Ibis Hotel Amman was really disappointing and unusual from an Accor Chain Hotel.

I booked one twin beds room for my and my sister in October 2013 through ibishotel.com and i made it very clear to that i booked a twin beds room, however and when we received the reception, the lady at the reception told me that they dont have any twin beds room left and they will give a king bed room, i told her no way because im not travelling with my sister and not my wife and that's not my problem because i have already booked the room that i require online.

She kept us waiting for around 20 minutes to find a solution by calling her management, eventually they have decided to give us 2 separate rooms till the next day and until they have one twin bedrooms vacant.

We agreed and went to our rooms, later on same night i receive a call from the reception telling me that the twin bedroom is ready and that we should move there, i told the receptionist its fine but we were prepared to move the next day only as were extremely tired after the flight, she said no we have to move now, then i went down stairs to the lobby and the same lady told me that we still keep the rooms for tonight, i said it's fine then.

Next day we were coming back to the hotel and the same receptionist saw entering the lobby and called me from her place in a very load and a rude voice to come to the reception just to tell me that the twin beds room is ready and we have to move there, i said it's fine and we did shift to the new room.

The bottomline is why should any guest bear consequences of some internal mismanagement by the hotel? is this the policy of Ibis to make the guest satisfied in 15 Minutes?

Another thing i spotted and i took some snap shots for which you can see here, was the food trays from the room service kept in the walkways for more than 24 hours! when i told the receptionist about it, the guy told me oh yeah sir i know about and i saw it my self but i was handling another guest and i couldn't do anything about it, yeah i told the service to handle it but i guess they didn't go there to collect it yet!

And of course this is not a splendid scene especially when the expiring food smell starts.

Even the security guy outside was giving me the hints of a beggar to get some tips, now if the security personnel seeks tips? doesn't this jeopardize the hotel security in general?

Obviously, i will not visit this hotel again and i won't recommend it to any of my friends travelling to Jordan.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
IbisAmman, Front Office Manager at ibis Amman, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear Mr Samer

First of all I would like to apologize that your stay in our hotel did not meet your expectations, and would like to assure that your experience do not reflect our standards of Quality.

Please rest assure that we have reviewed your comments personally, with our General Manager and the team and all necessary actions have been taken to correct the incident you mentioned.

I would also like to stress that the 15 minutes guarantee is part of ibis standards worldwide, and we do actively applied it, I am sorry to see that in this case we did not manage it correctly and would me more than happy to discussed it personally with you in order to correct the situation.

Please feel free to contact me directly on my email or by phone on the bellow contact.

Phone: +962 6 5799090

Email: H6313-FO@accor.com

Once again, please allow me to express my sincere apologies and hope we can correct this incident in order to be able to welcome you again in our establishment.

Looking forward to hear from you,

Yours sincerely

Abdelelah Shurbaji

Front Office Manager

There are newer reviews for ibis Amman

Reviewed October 25, 2013

It is a clean Ibis hotel located in a good neighborhood in Amman. The hotel looks new, the room are more spacious than traditional Ibis and offer a very comfy bed.
Mini bar is not available, water flow is not perfect, Bathroom is a bit tiny, breakfast is poor, but everything else was great.
Internet connection is fast, the staff were very helpful, valley parking available at 1Euro per night!!
If you wish to save on parking expenses you can just park the car next to the hotel for free.
I recommend this hotel but would have expected a lower rate, or at least free breakfast with this rate.
Cleaning is done on daily basis, and towels are changed.

Room Tip: Upper levels give a good view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank NaderH
IbisAmman, Front Office Manager at ibis Amman, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear NaderH

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Amman Al Madinah. It is always a pleasure to receive positiveyour

Abdelelah Shurbaji
Front Office Manager

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We went to the Ibis Amman on a family trip to Jordan.
The first disappointment came from the poor friendliness of the staff in contrast to the whole country which is on the contrary very welcoming.
The rooms are ok, rather small but I would say standard for this level of hotel. The design is ok.
The cleanliness can definitely be improved. We received a baby cot for our daughter in which I could find crums and raisins below the mattress (rather fresh raisins though - couple of days max!)
The breakfast offer is limited, especially on the sweets part (barely some pastries) and we had to explain to the staff that we opened an authorization by credit card at check-in so that we would settle the bill later otherwise we were asked to pay cash on the spot!
The locaiton is ok to come and go from the airport, but not optimal to visit the citadel for example (30 to 40 min drive!).
The wifi was working well and was very easy to connect to!
So overall satisfaction level is lower than expected, but for the best or the worst we stayed only one night.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
IbisAmman, General Manager at ibis Amman, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear jonathanl293

Greeting from ibis Amman

On the beginning allow me to thank you for time you take to write your comment ,I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Kindly note that i had meet My Team and discuss the comments you mention in your review and action will be taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Again Thank you for your review and hope to see you Again in ibis Hotel Amman.

Eric Seso

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Good hotel, comfortable, clean, modern, standard absolutely higher than European Ibis. Fast check in, free of charge parking with car valet service. Location ideal to start Jordan trip towards the north sites, e.g. Jerash or Dead Sea and to avoid to be involved in the crowded and chaotic traffic of Amman. Wifi very efficient. Good quality breakfast. Very good priced for value.
Very close to one of the best Arabian restaurants of the town

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank picbal
IbisAmman, General Manager at ibis Amman, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Dear picbal

Again I would like to thank you thank you for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Eric Seso

Reviewed October 11, 2013

The ibis hotel in Amman fell short of expectations. I regularly stay at ibis hotels and find them usually conveniently located and significantly less expensive than other quality hotels. However, the ibis in Amman is only slightly less expensive than four or five star hotels in town, each of which offer much better service, facilities, and are more coveniently located.
The hotel was moderately clean but does not provide room service, the mini bar is empty and they do not even privide drinking water. It resembles a backpacker accommodation. The ibis in Amman is adequate but not for the price.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Krissie1878

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Amman Al Madinah. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Eric SesoGeneral Manager

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

...and not much more than that. a typical Ibis hotel, without frills. We had a short conference there. Conference facilities were quite adequate and I would choose them again. Service was also quite friendly.
Rooms typical, a bit too small, Windows cannot be opened, AC too loud and drafty. Breakfast OK, wireless Internet free and unlimited. A small mall next door and at least two huge Jordanian/arab restaurants within walking distance. The food at "Ward" was just great. The Ibis restaurant itself can be skipped.

All in all: useful for a short stay.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank vienna-onthemove
IbisAmman, General Manager at ibis Amman, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Dear vienna-onthemove

Greeting from Ibis Al Madinah/Amman

I would like to take the chance to thank you for time to write your comment regarding your stay in our hotel

Regards'

Nasser Al Faouri
Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed September 24, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
IbisAmman, Front Office Manager at ibis Amman, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013