“My Stay”

Ranked #23 of 145 Hotels in Amman
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“My Stay”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I think the idea of making chain of Budget Hotels is a great idea, but I think the service can be better.
There is no pen in the room.
I asked for infant Bed, and the reception refused to givve me.
I asked for late check out, also it was refused.

Again, I liked the idea of the hotel, but I wish to improve it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
IbisAmman, General Manager at ibis Amman, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear abd_mowahed

Greeting from Ibis Al Madinah and thank you to take time to write your comment regarding your stay.

we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I do apologies for any inconvenience caused and Please rest assured that I will be taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.
Once again thank you to taking time to write your comment and It will be my great pleasure to welcome you again in ibis amman.

Eric Seso

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed December 3, 2012

that was already our second trip this year to amman and we have been booked by our compnay into this ibis hotel. located little bit outside the center, just next to a small shoppingmall, the location was ok. staff at reception was friendly and we got a normal room with the typical ibis standard. breakfast was served in morning atthe restaurant ad was average standard. there was two computer for internet acces, but no of them worked correctly during our stay there.complaints at reception has ben fully ignored.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear George1969265

Dear ….

Thank You to take time to write about your experience in ibis al Madinah, It is always a pleasure to receive feedback as they help us improving our service.

Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the internet access and prevent future occurrence.

Once again it was our pleasure to serve you during your stay and hope to welcoming you again in our hotel.

Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Nothing remarkable to mention... there's a mall across the street and taxis are everywhere. Make sure u ask taxis to use the meter and refuse negotiating.

Rooms were fine and good value for money. But there is no gym and no pool.

• Stayed September 2012
IbisAmman, General Manager at ibis Amman, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear ekflyer

We very much appreciate your comment regarding your stay at the ibis amman and we thank you for this positive feedback.

i will share your comment with our team,i am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragment to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service.

Thank you again for sharing your experience,and we hope your next visit be aspleasant as the previous one.

East Anglia
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Ibis is Ibis is Ibis. This is the standard international formula (but expect only 3-star standard) business hotel. Zero charm, but zero surprises either and who likes those? Functional, clean, good-size rooms, free Internet, boring international breakfast. Don’t expect to eat there. No more to be said. What we hadn’t expected was that it had so much conveniently nearby. First, it’s handily north of the city centre if you are using it as a base for northern or western Jordan, Jerash etc. Second, it is across the street from a reasonable-size Western (= US style) mall which has a large supermarket for essentials like water and fruit. Third, it is walkably (under five minutes) close to a number of good eating options (or even the grim fast-food ‘court’ in the mall if KFC/MacD’s your thing).

Tawaheen (aka Don Quixote) is a popular choice for a genuine (and enormous) restaurant clearly very popular with the locals, families, young people, and informal business. See its TA entry, with its high rating for Jordanian specialities, basic mezes and silly-low prices. About 200m from the hotel, tho you have to dice with death to cross the dual carriageway. The newer ‘cosmopolitan’ Harmony complex has three restaurants, but we only tried the Arab one, Ward, also excellent, also huge: slightly up-market from Tawaheen, and maybe more for local special occasions, outings, date-nights etc. Third was Reem, almost next door, which we didn’t try but again it looked nice.

Otherwise a nice safe classy neighbourhood to walk around a bit people-watching. This is slightly trendy Amman, lots of big 4X4s and German cars. There’s a cavernous standard tourist bazaar selling everything back on the main street nearby, next to the big Turkish Baths complex and a quite extraordinary cake and dessert emporium well worth a window-shop on a post-dinner stroll.

2 Thank Michael424
Dear Michael424

Thank You very much for taking the time to write your comment regarding your stay in our hotel.

I have taking a good note of your comment regarding our brekfast,and rest assured that i will definitely be following up on this issue and corrective action will be taken to improve on the quality of our breakfast.

I thank you again for for yor sharing exprience and we hope to welcoming you shortly in our hotel.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The hotel itself was fairly small but was ok to stay for 1 night any longer I wouldn't advise it especially as the location wasn’t so great.

Being a smoker I always look for a hotel with a balcony or at least a window that I can open as I hate smoking inside. Given this was my only cheap option at a rate of 90JD per night which includes breakfast I definitely think you can find something better.

The reception desk was very unprofessional and did not have any knowledge of Amman or even gave us any advice of what to do. He would speak to his colleagues and answer the phone (twice) and speak to the other guest who spoke to him in Arabic and made us wait for 15/20 minutes even thou we were there first.

1 Thank LaarniG
Dear LaarniG

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at ibis amman.i am very sorry that your experience did not meet your expectation;please allow me to express my sincere apologies.

I have taking good note of your commentm and i have already taken the neccesary action with our front office team in order to correct the issues you mentioned in your review which are not acceptable at all.

Once again i do apologies for any inconvenience caused and hope to be able to welcome you again in our hotel.

Eric Seso

Travelers are raving about these Amman hotels

Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed October 30, 2012

- as usual, slightly small rooms (but comfortable)
- clean
- no noise from outside, but u can hear some from adjacent rooms (my room had an interconnecting door)
- free wifi
- friendly staff
- no support for arranging sightseeing

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
IbisAmman, Front Office Manager at ibis Amman, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Kellosam

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Amman Al Madinah. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Abdelelah Shurbaji

Front Office Manager
San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My friends and I stayed here two separate nights while traveling in Jordan, and both times we checked in and out we had bad experiences with the front desk staff. We were never greeted warmly by the employees (ignored really), and I am almost positive one of the staff members was on something -- he was so out of it and took way too long to check us in and check us out. The other issue we had was that we had reserved non-smoking rooms, but they could not accommodate this upon arrival one night, which was very frustrating. They instead put us in smoking rooms that "smelled the least" that they had available. I feel we should have been compensated in some way for that issue.

Other than the poor service at the front desk, the hotel was fine. The rooms were a little small, but they were functional and clean. The breakfast buffet (which was an additional cost) was pretty good, and the restaurant staff was much more friendly to my fellow travelers and me. We stayed at Ibis because the price was reasonable, and we got what we paid for.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
IbisAmman, General Manager at ibis Amman, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear doratheexplorer111

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Amman Al Madinah. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Hotel Ibis Amman