“Very Kind staff, small but comfortable rooms.”
Review of Ocean Hotel

Ocean Hotel
Ranked #78 of 150 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Our small group stayed here our first and last nights in Jordan. Our flight arrived late and our bags even later. The hotel very kindly served us a lovely buffet even though the restaurant was minutes from closing. The staff was very helpful. Our rooms were small but clean and comfortable. There was free wifi but not all rooms had reception. The neighborhood had a few shops though we didn't have much time for exploring. The food was good and plentiful for both dinner and breakfast. I would have no problem staying here again. For a 3 star hotel, it delivered everything that was expected.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 11, 2013

This hotel is in the "golden area" of Amman where are located all the jewelry of the city. Rooms are comfortable and clean. People at the reception are helpful and try to help you as much as they can. Wifi is available even if every time you change the location (from room to lobby ) you need to change the connection. Breakfast is nothing special and mainly with local food. In the hotel there is a good restaurant to eat fish and meat for a medium-high price but quality is good.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Em_Poros_12
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were two girls traveling and this was our first hotel in Jordan. A shame the hotels in Amman are mostly located away from downtown since there was barely anything apart from jewelry shops around the hostel. You need to definitely take a cab to get places at night. The hotel is simple, with only a bar and a restaurant, but the rooms were clean. My only complaint would be the whole hotel is a bit dark and dingy, since I prefer a lot of light in buildings and rooms. The staff were very attentive and tried their best to accomodate us, although, apart from a couple people, they didn't speak English very well so we had to repeat our requests a few times. Food was average.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night, the room was small, the sheets were rather tired. The restaurant is very good and nice priced, the breakfast is good and plenty. Although we never would choose to visit Amman again, we probably stay again there

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank DimitrisKouts
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The staff make every effort to accommodate your needs. I was a female travelling alone and I felt very looked after and comfortable in this hotel. I didn't want a room with a mirror facing the bed and they showed me two other rooms to choose from. Nothing was a problem. Even the Marketing Manager came to check everything was ok. The rooms are very clean. Not spectacular decor but it is 3* and I would say it is certainly a top end 3* hotel. The food is lovely, I got a massive breakfast which was brought to my room. The hotel was also quiet and conveniently located. Highly recommend them

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank 2901katew
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This hotel in Amman is in a quiet location, the people are very welcoming. When we arrived they were very kind and upgraded our room and gave us a welcoming drink. Internet was included. Various western channels on tv. Breakfast was good offering a variety of selection.

The area is quiet, the restaurant in the hotel is very good and we had a lovely meal there. The surrounding area is mainly jewellery stores and very safe. On our second night we ate at Zad Al Khair Restaurant, a few minutes away, which was excellent. Service was very good and the meat was delicious.

Just to note we arrived Thurs at 8pm and the 2 exchange bureau nearby were closed and even on Friday.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed in this hotel by choice of my travel agency (last minute change) at end of a tour in Sri Lanka flying Royal Jordanian.
Room was clean with good tv. No charm, no complimentary water, no hair dryer, no kettle for a cup of tea. Dark and very smoky restaurant and even darker and non welcoming breakfast area. After reporting to my travel agency, I was upgraded to a family suite, 3 times the size of first room for my 2nd night. More square footage but still no charm, no bottled water, no kettle, no hair dryer...
This is a hotel for guys who just need a bed.
Everyone was extremely polite and helpful...but they just do not get it !!!

Room Tip: From what I saw and experienced there are no good room. Rooms are not up to what a traveler wants to...