Tripadvisor

“It was not the best”
Review of La Capitale

La Capitale
Ranked #21 of 975 Restaurants in Amman
Description: La Capitale is a classic French brasserie that provides a comfortable place for everyone to spend time at whether for a business lunch, dinner with family or friends or a drink at the bar.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It was absolutely not the best food is normal and the service is normal I will not return to this restaurant

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank David_9188
MaximeSalembie, General Manager at La Capitale, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear David_9188,

Salut from La Capitale. I sincerely apologize that your experience was not up to your expectations. If you don't mind connecting with me directly, I would really appreciate it. Feel free to e-mail me at maxime.salembie@fourseasons.com

Again, please accept my apologies.

GM, La Capitale & SIRR

Write a reviewReviews (280)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We were looking forward to come to this place, but unfortunately it was not a very good experience. You would think that a Hotel like the Four Seasons would have at least the basic culinary knowledge to run a half decent kitchen.

We started with soup, so we ordered tomato soup and onion soup. The tomato soup had a strong tin taste, it was obvious that the soup came from a can. Although tomato soup is probably one of the easiest soups to get right.
The other soup we tried was the onion soup. This one tasted ok but with a huge flaw....and that is, they added a squeeze of lemon to it! I have never in my life had an onion soup, with a rich bone broth, and then lemon juice is added....it is just not done !!!!

Then the moment we were all waiting for, the burger. In the past, we ordered their burger as is, with Emmental cheese and truffle oil. But to me the best burgers needs to be stripped down to basics, so we ordered it with just cheddar cheese.
When the burger came, the meat had a stench to it that only comes out when the meat is just a regular cut of meat from a local butcher. Also the flavor of it is just a regular minced meat patty without any rich burger flavour!

Really the formula for an excellent burger is actually very simple, Chuck meat, with 15-20% fat content, and the source needs to be from a Black Angus cow, and it is a must that it is freshly chopped, and not ready made.

This is the only way you can have a rich well flavored burger. The burger meat they are using is just a random low grade beef cut. Terrible!!!!

The only good thing about that experience was the Creme Brulee and Tarte Tatin.

One last thing, we paid 60 JD per person for inedible burgers! I have to mention that the place itself is a very nice place with great potential and the staff were all very friendly and professional.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank iksweiss

Dear iksweiss,

Salut from La Capitale. I sincerely apologize that your experience was not up to your expectations. I appreciate the time you took to give us this feedback as it will definitely help us continue to improve. If you don't mind connecting with me directly, I would really appreciate it. Feel free to e-mail me at maxime.salembie@fourseasons.com

Again, please accept my apologies.

Reviewed December 10, 2019 via mobile

Relaxing atmosphere,good food,although a limited menu,with small portions French way but good variety, the Endive salad not to miss,make sure to try the fantastic Tarte Tatin.
Very good device but it comes with a price.

Date of visit: November 2019
1  Thank Sahar K
MaximeSalembie, General Manager at La Capitale, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2019

Dear Sahar K,

Salut from La Capitale. Thank you for your kind review. We do appreciate your feedback and hope you will come back and visit us again.

Maxime Salembie,

Reviewed November 11, 2019

La Capitale is consistent. Steaks, burgers and fish dishes are excellent. Always buzzing, always fun and classy.
If you fancy a cigar and a nice single malt after dinner then this is the place.
I highly recommend it if you do not mind the international cuisine. Btw, great desserts as well.

Date of visit: November 2019
MaximeSalembie, General Manager at La Capitale, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2019

Dear SNUPPER007,

Salut from La Capitale. Thank you so much for your kind recommendation and sweet words. Please come back and visit us again anytime.

Reviewed November 10, 2019 via mobile

We wanted to invite a couple for dinner...and we thought what better choice can be than La Capitale (since it received amazing reviews on TripAdvisor and supposed to be the best in Amman).
Went there in a Saturday evening..,I hated the ambiance since it was too loud.
I loved the octopus carpaccio but my filet with food gras dish came over cooked (instead of medium well as requested, it came as well done).
Their bread was good. Prices are expensive..
But having been to many restaurants in different continents, I was not impressed at all with either the place, the ambiance, or the service that many talk about.
In my mind it is way over rated. Next time I will invite people out I will choose another restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2019
MaximeSalembie, General Manager at La Capitale, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2019

Dear samerzawaideh,

Salut from La Capitale. I am very sorry to read that we didn't meet your expectations at dinner the other night. Please accept my sincerest apologies. I would like to get in touch with you if you don't mind. Feel free to connect with me directly at Maxime.Salembie@fourseasons.com. If you can share you contact details with me, I would really appreciate it.

GM, La Capitale and SIRR