“We keep going back.. not worked out why yet!”
Review of King George

King George
Ranked #648 of 1,641 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Great food in Israel is really not hard to find. The food here is not great. But it's not bad either. What I think I love about this place (because I eat there with my 4 year old almost every week) is the atmosphere and the price.
We get free dishes because they know us and I appreciate things like that when you are a repeat customer. The food is adequate - schnitzels, burgers, pastas etc - large portions and hearty. Great service, good looking staff, cheap wine (that's actually drinkable) and great for a birthday.
Don't go if you want a gourmet feast.
Do go if you don't want to spend a fortune, want a decent sized meal (and you have kids who will share), a fun atmosphere, great music and a young vibe.

There are newer reviews for King George

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Food is Good, nice portions, good Business lunch deals! nothing extavagant, all the times we visited this establishment, in their other branch too, we were not disappointed. The atmosphere is pleasant, service good.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

it was hard to get past the first impression. the hostess/maitre de was dressed in the single most inappropriate outfit i have ever come across an employed person wearing. oh my god. she looked like a child, and dressed like she was out to pick up 15yr old boys at the local beach. it was creepy and unsettling. the food was mediocre at best. there was a outdoor-concert-sized fan pointing directly at us. it almost blew my chips away. the food was 'whatever'. but mostly i could not get over that girl at the door. unprepared, more worried about her 14yr old girl hair-do than the guests, sickening. never again. (from a visit on thurs 20 june 2013)

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Food is good. Nice portions. Service is efficient and polite. Price is realatively modest. Decoratin and atmosphere are the reason why I escaped providing them the maximum of five somewhat my overall

Reviewed May 8, 2013

although there is always a long line of people outside waiting to get in, once you get in the service is quick, courteous and efficient. The food is always fresh, tasty, plentiful and we always feel we certainly had our money's worth.