“excellent location but average food”
Review of Manta Ray

Manta Ray
Ranked #27 of 1,649 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 17, 2012

this place appears to be living on its reputation. while i enjoyed my lunch, the service was a bit random, and the food not as good as expected.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Well known for their salads. They were awesome as starters. Main courses were well prepared. Service is exceptionally good, considering that in many Israeli restaurants it's a bit indifferent by US standards. Nice wine list.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

The restaurant has been around a few years but it was a long time since the last visit. We had an enjoyable meal in pleasant surroundings. Friendly, young staff made it even better. Reasonably priced.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Excellent restaurant and is also suitable for romantic meetings, or family dinners and happy occasions like birthdays. The restaurant is located on the beach in Tel Aviv, large, high ceiling, but the most pleasant part is the balcony in winter it is closed but still very charming.
First comes the waiter with a platter containing small portions - mezze selection. All wonderful, served with fresh and wonderful focaccia , but quite expensive. As a main course I always have a huge black pot with sea food cooked with butter and garlic.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I ate at this seafood restaurant at the southerly end of the Tel Aviv beach last week with friends and I will reluctantly say that I was disappointed. I had been hearing about this place for months in advance from my Tel Aviv-based friends and was impressed with the website and photos displayed there, but afterwards my feeling is that it is overpriced and just average. We started with 4 mezes (small appetizer plates) and the best we could do was eat only half of each because they were so large, but not particularly tasty. We moved on the main courses and again could not finish them. But there was nothing special or distinctive about any of the dishes. The service was good and we ate outdoors, which is always a plus to me as long as we are not assaulted by second-hand tobacco smoke. To add insult to injury, you must pay for parking. Others have stated in reviews that getting a reservation is difficult, but we were easily able to get a reservation on a recent weeknight, and the restaurant did not fill up.

2  Thank LWL3333