“Possibly the best kosher restaurant in Tel Aviv”
Review of Liliyot

Liliyot
Ranked #264 of 1,649 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Liliyot Restaurant is one of the leading culinary institutions in Tel Aviv in particular and in Israel in general. Liliyot presents a Modern Israeli Kosher Chef Kitchen at its best, using the highest quality ingredients, the presentation is fresh and creative in the Mediterranean tradition. Liliyot Restaurant's uniqueness is in the social initiative operating within it, for the rehabilitation of youth-at-risk, cooperating with "Elem". The vocational training enables the teens to acquire a high demand profession, and for the first time in their lives equips them with the means necessary to integrate into society as productive citizens.
Reviewed February 20, 2014

While the fact that Liliyot is a "social enterprise" is more than reason to go to this restaurant, the food is top notch, service excellent and there is nothing but good things to say. Go!

Barak K, Public Relations Manager at Liliyot, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear David M,

Thank you for choosing Liliyot restaurant and thank you very much for taking the time to post such a positive review. and of course recommending the food and service.
We are looking forward to welcome you back to our restaurant again.

Liliyot Team

Reviewed January 30, 2014

There were not many people at Liliyot the evening we had dinner there. Perhaps this was already a bad omen.
We both had fish. I went for the salmon. When the salmon arrived at our table, it was hardly cooked. So I asked the waiter to put it again into the oven. My husband had already finished his meal, when my salmon made it to our table. I checked and again the fish looked raw. In the meantime the fish had lost its shape. It was returned to the kitchen. After some time I was served the same piece of fish for the third time. It now looked rather messy, to put it mildly - a fact that didn't enhance my appetite. After a few bites a gave up. It tasted as it looked.

Only when we asked for the bill, did the manager (or whoever he was) show up, telling us that he got the impression we didn't enjoy our meal. I told him that this was the case. Till then, he only had looked at us without intervening. It actually took him the whole evening until he showed a reaction.
He then hinted that he had already taken the salmon off the bill. In addition he was prepared to offer us dessert for free. We declined, as we simply got the impression that the kitchen cannot do any better. Besides we are not the sort of guests who are on the lookout for free meals, but for decent food.
Service was bad, too. No particular waiter was in charge of our table. Instead of the mineral water we had ordered, we received tap water. There was no knife and fork for me. After having tried without any success to raise somebody's attention, I helped myself.
It was a frustrating experience. Back home, I enjoyed some cheese from our fridge.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We had goose in cinnamon and apple . The appetizers were also very good. It is a kosher restaurant -- lovely decor, plenty of room between tables (so the noise level was perfect), the wait staff was very pleasant.

Barak K, Public Relations Manager at Liliyot, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Dina F,

Thank you for visiting Liliyot restaurant and thank you very much for taking the time to post such a positive review. we really appreciate it.
We are looking forward to welcome you back to our restaurant again.

Liliyot Team
Bk

Reviewed December 29, 2013

This was tasty, well-cooked food. There was a reasonably good choice.. Three out of the four of us chose steak dishes and the fourth chose goose and we all enjoyed what we had. The first wine we picked was undrinkable and they changed it with very good grace.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I dined here on a recent business trip - the salad was a good starter and my main was a fish dish - sea bream with capers and olives was excellent. I would have this again. My only downside observation is that several in our group ordered the Salmon and asked for it cooked medium-well; the server told them that "here we serve it medium but if you want it cooked more later we will do that". All who ordered the salmon sent it back for more and had to wait while it was cooked to their specification - this attitude might keep me away in the future. Since the paying customer is the one who will eat the meal it should be prepared to his or her specification upon request. They all knew how they personally like salmon and should not have to be defensive. Other than this the meal was very good.