“Best desserts in Israel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mul Yam Restaurant - CLOSED

Mul Yam Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean, French, Seafood, Israeli
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Description: "Mul-Yam" is a restaurant located in Tel Aviv port, specializing in fish and seafood, was founded in 1995. The restaurant's creative kitchen offers fine plates, made of premium products from all around the world. A rare, high quality selection of wines completes a complete culinary portrait, which became highly acclaimed in Israel. Since 2003, "Mul-Yam" is rated among the best 120 restaurants in the world, according to the gourmet restaurant guide "Les Grandes Tables Du Monde".
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Best desserts in Israel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

I came here once for dinner and once for a business lunch. Great food, great service, great atmosphere. A well worth culinary experience for whoever can afford it.
On the business lunch we found most of the mains were conventional and even a bit 90's cuisine (fish fillet, potato purée, loads of butter, spinach...) but still great. On the evening menu we found more exciting and contemporary things.
Mainly I would say the desserts here are a level or two above the food. Meticulous, creative, exciting, contemporary - best high end desserts you can have in Israel.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
EliEats, Guest Relations Manager at Mul Yam Restaurant, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Hello Maayan222,

Thank you for this lovely review, and of course, for taking your time to give our future guests a your feedback on the our lunch and evening menus.

Hope to see you again soon,
Mul-Yam Team

• Hebrew first
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

Everything about this restaurant was really excellent, could not fault the food which was pretty perfect, served by very attentive waiters. A really good meal and well worth a visit!

• Visited May 2014
Hello brightonbeachboy,

Such a wonderful feeling it is to read this rave review!
We thank you very much for taking your time to write down your experience, and sharing it with our future guests.

Hope to see you again soon around our tables!

Mul-Yam Team
Frankfurt, Germany
“Not the usual”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Very tasty food. Not your usual menu. Variations on different styles of meals. A very tasty lobster. Don't eat too much of the tasty bread. Doesn't leave space for desert.

EliEats, Guest Relations Manager at Mul Yam Restaurant, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Hello JackTrost,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review with us and our future guests!
Hope to see you here again soon, on your next visit to Tel Aviv :)

Team Mul-Yam
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Tel Aviv's Answer to Le Bernadin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

I read all the negative reviews, and the positive ones. As I was dining last night with New York guest, accustomed to fine restaurants, I became a bit unsettled, after reading some of the critiques. Following securing our reservation, I SMS'ed by friends, that perhaps we should consider an alternate choice for their highlight evening in Tel Aviv and Israel. We decided to meet out front, and then size up Mul Yam, and make a decision.

When I had arrived, they had already taken their seats. My first impression, which focused on criticism that the restaurant decor was not fresh, was immediately shot down by a very sophisticated and classic contemporary designed space. Certainly elegant by Tel Aviv standards, and matching fine eateries around the globe, though signed off with a very Israeli imprint of casual chic.

The menu is inventive, diversified fish and seafood, with a pasta main course, as well as a lamb rounding out about 10 or so dishes. I chose a Grouper that was flawless. Perhaps as good as it gets.

There are many touches to the dining experience at Mul Yam. Superb bread and grassini. Impeccable personalized service (gratuity included) and as polished as one dare expect in Israel, matching the very fine restaurants in Europe and North America.

Desserts are excellent, and memorable.

Any individual that has a gripe with Mul Yam, please phone me, for a some personalized couch time. This is a great evening, and not to be missed, either as a visiting guest to Tel Aviv, or in celebration of Israel's creative cuisine. Hat's off to Mul Yam.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank richjacobson18
Hello richjacobson18,

Your review left us utterly speechless.
First of all, we want to thank you for taking the time to write down such an elaborate and fluttering review. Secondly, and maybe most important, we loved your detailed description of your overall experience of our restaurant, as well as the comparison to the exquisite "Le Brenadin".

Needless to say, it would make us happy to see you as our newest frequent guest.

Team Mul-Yam
tel aviv
“Half of us got sick - Management didn't care”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

I live in Israel and I had friends from the U.S. visiting. Before flying back home, we wanted a great "farewell" dinner and reserved Mul Yam. There were 6 of us. The food was great and we enjoyed a lovely evening. After leaving $1000!!! at the restaurant, very happy, we went home and our friends got on their flighte back to the U.S.
My husband ran to the bathroom the minute we arrived, needless to say, having stomach trouble. My daughter woke up and 3:00AM and proceeded to vomit for the next three hours. Worst of all, my friend spent her 12-hour flight vomitting and was ill for the next week, not being able to eat anything solid.
I called the restaurant, spoke to the manager (or owner) who apologized and told me he would investigate and get bak to me shortly.
It's been a month and I've heard nothing. I don't want to be invited back for a meal - I'm afraid to eat there. But he didn't even have the decency to call back - not what I would expect from such a high scale restaurant.
Beware!!!!!

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
EliEats, Guest Relations Manager at Mul Yam Restaurant, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Hello Daphna,

We took your review to heart and are trying to contact you on your cell number.
If there's a different way of communication you prefer, please contact us via e-mail (Reservations@mulyam.com) or phone (+972-3-546-9970)

It is important for us to clarify that we care for our guests and keep a very high standart of care in regards to the food we provide and the kitchen that makes it.

The Mul-Yam Team