“absolutely best but expensive”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mul Yam Restaurant - CLOSED

Mul Yam Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean, French, Seafood, Israeli
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Description: "Mul-Yam" is a restaurant located in Tel Aviv port, specializing in fish and seafood, was founded in 1995. The restaurant's creative kitchen offers fine plates, made of premium products from all around the world. A rare, high quality selection of wines completes a complete culinary portrait, which became highly acclaimed in Israel. Since 2003, "Mul-Yam" is rated among the best 120 restaurants in the world, according to the gourmet restaurant guide "Les Grandes Tables Du Monde".
Almaty, Kazakhstan
“absolutely best but expensive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

mul yam for many years remains most stylish and trendy restaurant in Tel Aviv. In 15 years of our love story with this place it also remains the only one restaurant in Tel Aviv where we saw people dressed in london style suites and government people with security detail. So you can imagine that the food quality and the price factor are very far from being democratic. The best description of the food is innovative and top notch and best description of the price is really expensive- BUT-you will never regret the price you paid for this gastronomic experience.

• Hebrew first
London England
“Not a great restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

Allegedly, this is one of the best retaurants in Israel, indeed according to the book they gave me, in the world. The bill was very high - up to London prices but not up to London quality. I have been to a number of places in the book, but each one beats this restaurant by a mile

Quite simply, the food did not excite. At this level, I expect my taste buds to be excited but they were not. Surpisingly, no Amuse Bouche. Surprisingly bland food.

The location, right at the far North of the walkway is a bit inconvenient. The fish tank is too noisy.

Still if you have time to get there and want to be pampered, give it a try

But you can find better elsewhere, further South in Tel Aviv

1 Thank davidzLondonEngland
San Francisco
“Very good by any international standard”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Not the best in the world, but very good. Lobster Benedict very impressive, as were the desserts. We had the additional benefit of our host being a regular, so perhaps we got some extra attention. Regardless very good food and wine. Waterfront location not to be sneezed at either.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
“I'll Have 2 Of Those Lobsters, Thank You”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Wow. This place is exquisite. My supplier took me here one night and although I felt awful ordering a whole grilled lobster (well, who wouldn't?) I'm sure they thought it was worth it to see me tucking in and making a whole mess of my plate, the table and myself.

It was a Tuesday night and the place was heaving. It certainly had an air of exclusivity about it. I had a beautiful plate of scallops to start. Although expensive, the portion was rather big, so it was certainly worth it. My whole grilled lobster was beautiful. I happily smashed and sucked every last piece of new crustacean friend.

Roll on my next visit :)

• Visited November 2012
New York City, New York
“Far better places in Tel Aviv, a rip off!!!! OVERRATED!!! Avoid!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Looking at previous reviews describing it as the best restaurant in Tel Aviv, we were very keen to explore and enjoy it!
How disappointing! I wonder if these guys travelled around the world, being so arrogant in charging outrageous sums for a restaurant which is good, average service, can be arrogant at times... What a waste of money!
That week we stayed in other three restaurants in tel aviv- Raphael, Mesa, Herbert Samuel and all win hands down.
Save your evening and money and go somewhere else!!! We felt really ripped off! OVERRATED!!

3 Thank Ben R