“Not a great restaurant”
Review of Mul Yam Restaurant - CLOSED

Mul Yam Restaurant
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: "Mul-Yam" is a restaurant located in Tel Aviv port, specializing in fish and seafood, was founded in 1995. The restaurant's creative kitchen offers fine plates, made of premium products from all around the world. A rare, high quality selection of wines completes a complete culinary portrait, which became highly acclaimed in Israel. Since 2003, "Mul-Yam" is rated among the best 120 restaurants in the world, according to the gourmet restaurant guide "Les Grandes Tables Du Monde".
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Allegedly, this is one of the best retaurants in Israel, indeed according to the book they gave me, in the world. The bill was very high - up to London prices but not up to London quality. I have been to a number of places in the book, but each one beats this restaurant by a mile

Quite simply, the food did not excite. At this level, I expect my taste buds to be excited but they were not. Surpisingly, no Amuse Bouche. Surprisingly bland food.

The location, right at the far North of the walkway is a bit inconvenient. The fish tank is too noisy.

Still if you have time to get there and want to be pampered, give it a try

But you can find better elsewhere, further South in Tel Aviv

1  Thank davidzLondonEngland

Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Not the best in the world, but very good. Lobster Benedict very impressive, as were the desserts. We had the additional benefit of our host being a regular, so perhaps we got some extra attention. Regardless very good food and wine. Waterfront location not to be sneezed at either.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Wow. This place is exquisite. My supplier took me here one night and although I felt awful ordering a whole grilled lobster (well, who wouldn't?) I'm sure they thought it was worth it to see me tucking in and making a whole mess of my plate, the table and myself.

It was a Tuesday night and the place was heaving. It certainly had an air of exclusivity about it. I had a beautiful plate of scallops to start. Although expensive, the portion was rather big, so it was certainly worth it. My whole grilled lobster was beautiful. I happily smashed and sucked every last piece of new crustacean friend.

Roll on my next visit :)

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Looking at previous reviews describing it as the best restaurant in Tel Aviv, we were very keen to explore and enjoy it!
How disappointing! I wonder if these guys travelled around the world, being so arrogant in charging outrageous sums for a restaurant which is good, average service, can be arrogant at times... What a waste of money!
That week we stayed in other three restaurants in tel aviv- Raphael, Mesa, Herbert Samuel and all win hands down.
Save your evening and money and go somewhere else!!! We felt really ripped off! OVERRATED!!

3  Thank Ben R
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Delicious food, particulary see food. The service is not quite professional, but they are trying hard.
Very expensive.