“I Listened To My Landlady About This Place And She Was Right, It' Great”
Review of Mel and Michelle

Mel and Michelle
Ranked #466 of 1,696 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Mel & Michelle is a small and intimate restaurant run by chef Nir Wayman.The chef infuse personal and artisanal touches on classical Italian cuisine.Hand made gnocchi, fresh pasta and local produce from the various markets are the basis of the seasonal menu, which also incorporates truffle oils, Roman artichokes and spices from around the globe.White table cloths, soft- incandescent lighting and an attentive staff create the calm and welcoming ambiance, characteristic of Mel & Michelle.
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is a small, cozy restaurant on busy Ben Yahuda Street. Inside and out there are candle lit tables with white table cloths and a very charming and attentive wait staff. My waitress was friendly, attentive and most efficient. After decribing the specials and anything I might not have understood, she brought fresh baked bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

The menu contains Piccola, samll plates, actually appetizers, Antipasti, larger plates and Secundi, main courses. Much of the menu is seasonal and local. The menu is varied consisting of home-made pasta, seafood and meat as well as vegetarian items. No one will go away hungry here.

There is also a very nice wine list with many good Israeli wines. Many can be ordered by the glass, half or whole bottle at a not unreasonable price.

I started with a delicious Beet Carpaccio from the Piccola. It was served with Gorgonzola cheese, radishes and greens in a delicious sauce. My main course was home-made Ravioli stuffed with eggplant in what I think was a very light tomato based sauce, again delicious.

Portions are a good size and so I was too full to try deserts which I heard were really excellent. Maybe next time I will make it to dessert as I will surely return.

2  Thank ronco0807

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We booked this via our hotel and we were most definately not disappointed. Very small menu, but the food which came out was mouthwateringly scrumptious and large in portions. Service was excellent and the prices were very reasonable at only 500 shekles for 2 starters, 2 mains and a bottle of rose wine.

2  Thank KHTraining
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I have just returned from this restaurant and I am totally overwhelmed by the place. It was recommended by friends and we were not diappointed. The food was fresh and tasty and had a nice selection. Besides it's menu they have a good choice of daily dishes. I tried all three courses, starting with a liver paté which was quite amazing in taste, followed by the calf tortellini, these were just wonderfull, however the portion was a bit small. To finish off I had the chocolate desert, which was very powerful accompanied by the homemade limoncello, which was fresh and tasty. The service was attentive, courteous and friendly, very knowledgeable and worked hard to earn their tip. A bit off the beaten track, but definitely worth going there for a good authentic Italian dinner.

2  Thank ddoron
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is the most romantic restaurant that I have ever seen. The place of the restaurant is very small intimate and the service was great. But for me, it was little bit expensive. IN the bottom line, it was great romantic dinner.

3  Thank Shirley B
melandmichelle, General Manager at Mel and Michelle, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thanks Shirley, We will be happy to see you again.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We had a romantic dinner at the restaurant, and it was great!! The ambiance in the restaurant is great, quiet and perfect for couples. The sercive is very professional. The food was absolutely amazing, small and medium sized but fulfilling altogether. The food is pretty pricy, as it should be. If you go you won't be sorry. And order the tiramisu for dessert, it's amazing!!! Have fun!!!

2  Thank Sagi Ve Ilana G