“Oh Onami, Onami...I dream aboy your sushi....”
Review of Onami

Onami
Ranked #339 of 1,641 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Creative chef restaurant, with decent prices
Amazing fresh sushi, endless combinations, neat service, good vibes & atmosphere.
This is THE sushi place in Tel Aviv, and their bar is amazing too, so it is a place you can come for a drink & bite, not only a full dinner

There are newer reviews for Onami

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Thurday night - a couple of friends call us, they want to go out. "Where shall we go?" we asked them. "We want sushi", they replied. We nodded as possible while speaking on the phone, "We have the perfect place". Fortunately or unfortunately for us, our favorite place was full since we didn't reserve. Our friends replied that Onami seemed like a good place. We agreed, although never been there, we did hear good things. Onami is located in 'Ha'harbaa street' in Tel aviv. The area was always famous for its many clubs, restaurants bars and the local "Cinematheque". Before leaving, we browsed the menu. The restaurant's website made us even hungrier then we were. Well designed, with a full menu, I was very much anticipating dinner. The restaurant is well decorated, and the staff is very friendly. Firstly - the menu is huge! and one can be easily confused(like my spouse)as to what to order. We began with some mullet covered quail eggs, Salmon tartar with avocado and soy, as well as salmon eggs, soup like crunchy tofu with mushrooms, green onions, several cocktails and other alchohol. Everything was very good. The tofu was excellent, and was quite filling for a first dish. The tartar was tiny and left a taste for more. We then moved to the main dishes, mainly noodles with veggies or pork - all was fresh and very good. As for sushi, we chose the specials, which I have to say, were very good : Unagi cones, inside out rolls, scallop tobiko rolls, mixed white fish sashimi rolls, and others. For dessert, we went with some pine apple cream and lemon meringue with crunchy banana croutons, frozen creme brulee with plums and spices. I wasns't very impressed with either of them. We also ordered some sorbet which was very simple and tasty and some plum wine as well coffee. The whole experience was very good, yet I stayed hungry. It seems like we've ordered enough, yet some of the dishes were very small in comparison to the price. We spent around 250 NIS(70$)per person(not including tip) which is a lot. Although the staff was very helpful and knowledgeable, we did wait quite a lot for the main courses, the drinks and the bill. Atmosphere was very loud due to many people, i don't mind it that much, but my friends did. Seems like there's a bar scene for couples as well. I would recommend this place as a one time experience, only because of the price. There are many offices nearby, so lunch deals are available throughout the day. Although I saw kids in the restaurant, I don't believe this type of food will appeal to kids. Anyone coming to this area, better take a cab or find a parking lot nearby at the early stage of the night, otherwise you will not find parking(parking lots in the area were closed recently and demolished in favor of real estate). Reservations are highly recommended.

2  Thank cybrosh
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Located in the center of Tel Aviv, near the cinemateque ,on a street full of restaurants and still wins by far with it's amazing sushi rolls and super delicious other dishes.
Excellent variety, fresh and tasty.
Pleasant atmosphere and very friendly staff.
A little pricey.
Reservations ahead are recommended!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

One of my fav restaurants to eat in while in Tel Aviv.

A short walk from the Azrieli Center, food is very good along with the service. Nice buzzy atmosphere too. Ideal to eat if alone as there are often places at the bar rather than sitting at a table. Very friendly staff.

Sushi and noddles all at a very high standard.

highly recommended.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

When I’d like to have a great sushi, I usually go to Onami because the sushi is always fresh and tasty, I like the atmosphere and I like the bar.