“My place for 25 years”

Cuisines: Israeli
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

I love Ashkara, acting in the same spot under th same management for more than 30 years.
I Have been eating there humus since the early 90's and it always tastes the same.
Always fresh, the humus is on the heavy side. Fresh pitta bread and really hot 'red sauce', sliced onion and pickles are served in the side.
The place serves also falafel and soups in winter time, but I go for my humus foul dish, Which is one of the best meals for 35 NIS in Tel Aviv.
Friendly and funny stuff members.
I enter Ashcara and immediately feel at home.

Reviewed May 28, 2017 via mobile

They are many Hummus restaurant in Israel in general and in Tel Aviv in particular. Hummus Ashkara is a good option. Fast and pleasant service. Very good home made chili. Good value for money. Vegan friendly of course

1  Thank Yoramor
Reviewed March 17, 2017 via mobile

Small place, mostely on the street. Frequented by local people. You sit, order (English menu), get your food and eat. Humus, falafel and salad, all good. Nothing fancy and cheap. Warning: families with very small children and crying babies. We loved it.

Reviewed February 3, 2017 via mobile

TLDR, bad humus bad service keep away.

Last time I was at Ashcara was 5 years ago and it wasn't good.
This Friday we decided to give it another try. We stood next to a vacant table that still had the previous eater leftovers on it and after speaking with one of the waiters that we want to sit there still waited more than 5 minutes for them to clean up the table which was dirty.
Then we ordered 2 masabachas like we order in other humus places. We received the dish very quickly. It was hot like it should , looked OK but was tasteless. No spices no natural taste of humus or tahini nothing. No waiter responded when we looked for them and I ended up going to the cashier which asked if I want more. I told him I don't even want what I already got. He didn't seem interested or didn't even try to understand what's wrong, we paid and left and will never come back again.

Reviewed September 22, 2016

I like this place very much. it's a simple place where you can get a good hummos and falafel with a smile and in low prices. you get your meal very fast and it's allways good and clean!