“Nice atmosphere, great food!”
Review of Tapeo

Tapeo
Ranked #271 of 1,641 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2011

This is a nice tapas restaurant to go with friends, for dates, etc. They have either spanic or brazilian music, the food is great. Try as many dishes as you can...

There are newer reviews for Tapeo

Reviewed June 16, 2011

The tapas here are pretty good - the denis carpaccio in particular, as well as the roasted lamb - but we were screaming across the 4-person high table at each other. For us, this detracted from the experience, but the food was very good.

Reviewed May 19, 2011

Was supposed to go to Barcelona this weekend, but didn't work out. My husband decided to cheer me up by taking me to Tapeo! Felt like I was in Barcelona (especially with it being a nice warm evening)! Drank Cava, and ate excellent tapas and paella. There was no table available when we first arrived, so we sat at the bar until a table becaome available. Little sorry that we moved to a table - it was great atmosphere at the bar and the chef was preparing the tapas dishes right in front of us, which was extremely interesting. Wish I had taken photos - the decor is right out of Parc Guell!

Reviewed October 18, 2009

tapeo tel aviv
The food was ok, some courses were tasty and some less tasty.
One of the courses- fryied eggplant i send it back because i just coldn't eat it, it was sawer and not tasty at all
One of my friends had hamburger and she sad it was very tasty.
The food comes in tiny mini portions... :-(
The service was very bad, i had the feeling that she's doing us a big favor bringing the food at the table one by one.
We were 4 people and wanted to eat together but maybe this was too much to ask because all the courses arrived one by one and i felt inconfortable about it.
We had a candle on the table and i ask the waitress to light it up for the atmosphere but she took it nervously and she didn't bring it back at all... ?!
I will never go back to this place or recommend it to friends.

1  Thank l1111
Reviewed July 19, 2009

On everyone's recommendation I went to Tapeo this evening in Tel Aviv. Having lived in Spain for 7 years I was not sure about the wisdom of this, however the food was superb. Definitely recommend sitting at the bar as opposed to the tables as the bar is where all the action is. Alcohol is not cheap in Israel but if you are in the mood then this place has the most extensive selection of spirits I have ever seen in my life, and there is plenty off-menu as well, I've been told. Highlights of the meal were the cauliflower in anchovy sauce, sounds strange but phenomenal as well as the chipirones on a bed of black beans and squid ink sauce. This place caters to all budgets and a very good option for any stay in the city.