“most amazing food I EVER ate.”
Review of Catit - CLOSED

Catit
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I've been all over the world, and Catit is no doubt best restaurant i've ever been.
the food is cooked in a Molecular way and the chef use the best raw materials. if you want to enjoy a high class restaurant, go to Catit.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Chef Adoni has gotten more and more creative along the years. Meticulously well prepared food. A place for special occasions.

1  Thank Amit K
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We had the menu with the wine option and had a very enjoyable experience. The atmosphere was great, the food delicious, the wines to go with the different dishes were carefully selected. A great and creative chef is at work here.

If I have some criticism, it comes at a high level. Most important perhaps: the service is not at the level of the chef. When my wine is served 5 minutes after the dish, my plate is either already empty or the food is cold. It would be rather easy to do things the other way round.
Some, not all of the dishes were too busy, too much was going on. A good example was my partners main course: a most delicious fish was served with mushrooms and nuts. Poor fish, this combination did not help.

And I must admit that I liked places where every dish had to be explained when I was 20 years old...

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I went there slightly concerned after having read some among the most recent review - let's be clear: there is no reason whatsoever for any concern as far as Catit is concerned (save for eating and drinking too much but it is a different problem).

Great place, with light, minimalist decor and amazing food - lucky enough, they run out of Calamari Carbonara starter (still wondering how that dish would have been served) so I settled on three starters only (sushi with plenty of jellies, foams and other granitas, yellow tail tartar served on white poached eggplant with different sort of tomatoes and eventually cauliflower poached in brown butter) followed by one of the best risottos I ever had (wild spinach, crystal shrimp and grilled scallop with black truffle) and eventually some young lamb. It would have been nice to have larger choice of wine by glass / local wine-makers, but thanks to the advice of Catit's sommelier, I managed to navigate successfully through their wine list.

All in, a very nice place, located in very pleasant Neve Tzedek area, obviously fitting more for an elaborated and complex diner rather than a simple meal.

Enjoy !

1  Thank Scipion-Paris
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I have been to some great - and many more not so great - restaurants. Some - a few - a very few - stand out as really surperb, memorable experiences. My first visit to Bray, similarly visiting Denmark, Spain and USA.

Catit was so very, very good. Previously the best lamb was a tie between Marcus Wearing and Richard Corrigan. This beat them both. Great Amous Bouche really livened my taste buds so that the starter and the main both exploded in my mouth.

Great service too. One fault - I prefer to have half bottles and there was ony one local wine so i had to chose that. Not a problem though as it complemented the meal well. Perhaps I should have taken the tasting menu and tried single glasses with each course.

Still that gives me an excuse to get back to Catit soon. As if I needed an excuse
(incidentally when i discussed this with the restaurant they told me that one of the chefs involved in my favourite restaurant had visited them recently I wasnt surprissed)

Cant wait to go back

PS they were even playing some of my favourite music too