“My favorite = worldwide”
Review of Goocha Dizengoff

Goocha Dizengoff
Ranked #21 of 1,635 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Arizona
“My favorite = worldwide”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I first ate at Goocha a few months after it opened, on my first Israel trip, and was smitten. In the years since, I have had well over a dozen meals there. I've introduced it to several friends and family, and two have declared it the best seafood meal of their life.

So: In terms of fresh seafood, consistently very well-prepared at sane prices, casual but nice, subdued atmosphere, obscenely rich desserts, and friendly, helpful, relaxed staff (most good in English) -- THIS IS THAT PLACE! No pretense, no hype, no fussy nonsense. They have a wide array of fish and seafood dishes in styles ranging from basic to French to Asian, one or two vegetarian dishes, decent wine selection and good pour.

You really must make a reservation, and I'd suggest 24 hrs ahead, but if you're able to eat early or late or don't care where you're seated, they can often squeak you in with same-day notice. They speak comfortable English, don't be afraid to call.

Try the seafood in garlic-lemon-wine butter... they'll bring an extra piece of bread to sop up the sauce. Then get the caramel-smothered bananas and ice cream and die happy in Tel Aviv..

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overpriced to exaggeration”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

The food is tasty. Dishes are tiny and prices are on the tourist budget. I live 2 minutes by foot and never come here.

• Visited May 2013
Giv'atayim, Israel
“fish restaurant in Tel Aviv”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This restaurant has 2 branches in Tel Aviv. In both places you will get an exelent food
nice atmosphere and good serviece.
It is a fish restaurant but you can get meat dishes and sea/land menu.
Allways it is good to check "happy Hours" deals.
Thr restaurant is good for eigher social and business meeting.

• Visited August 2013
Long Beach, California
“VERY GOOD”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Its hard to complain about this place. We had lunch here by accident because it looked a little packed and so we just happened to check it out (without a T.A reccomendation). I want to give this place a 4 but that wouldnt be objective because I was comparing this meal to the flavorfull middle eastern meals I was englufed in during my vacation. But judging this as a seafood establishment I have no negative things to say. The cocktails were delicous, the appetizers had as much attention as the entrees, and the main courses were oppulant in flavor and presentation. The service of the waiters was very good as well. Not overwhelmingly nice and not oblivious to our tables needs. All in all this was a very nice restauraunt.

Ankara, Turkey
“So glad I made RESERVATIONS”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I had heard great things about Goocha from friends, and finally understand what the raves were about. First of all, make reservations. (I don't speak Hebrew, and this wasn't a problem. The hostess was most lovely when taking my reservation). When we left at 10pm, there was still a huge wait. I called only the day before and got a non-smoking area outside for two people at 7:30 (my actual request).
We were seated promptly and the waitress was quick to bring us water.
The appetizer special was the Tuna Ceviche. Delicious. Would have licked the plate if no one would have seen me. For dinner, I had the Coconut Curry Calamari/Scampi. It was good, not great. I was hoping for more coconut flavor, as a little bit of curry goes a long way. It is a smaller portion and does not come w/pasta or vegetable, which left me room for dessert...
My friend had the Asian Mixed Seafood over rice. He ate the entire thing (I got to try it) and we both thought that it was, again, good.
I am normally don't eat dessert, but the waitress highly recommended the Banana Belgian Waffle. HOLY CRAP THIS WAS AWESOME! Small waffle with vanilla gelato, slightly sauteed bananas with sauce, a bit of caramel and crunchy toffee bits. Best dessert decision ever made. Seriously. I hear they have a Sunday special of mussels, french fries, and beer that I will certainly head over there to try.
The wait staff was terrific, and it was packed the entire time we were there.
Two entrees, one dessert, one app, and one espresso was around 220 shekels, which is not-too-expensive for Tel Aviv dining standards.
Can't wait to go back....with reservations, of course.