“Consistent!”

Ranked #67 of 1,658 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Café Noir is a long-established bistro in the heart of Tel Aviv's city, strategically placed between the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange and Rothschild Boulevard. It's considered aninstitution by Tel Avivians, and our regular customers are business and media people, artists and in fact anyone who appreciates a terrific atmosphere and good food.Cafe Noir extends over two levels, offering a choiceof intimate sitting areas and spacious seating that's equally suitable for businessmeetings or family celebration. The décor comprises dark wood furniture in classicstyle, a spacious and inviting bar, with oil paintings on the walls and art objects arranged on surrounding shelves. Soft lighting effects create the perfect dining atmosphere. On fine days we have outside seating so guests can watch the bustling life on the streets of Tel - Aviv.Café Noir is busy throughout the day and until the small hours – some enjoying a hearty breakfast, others dropping in for a business meeting, and later evening drinks at thebar.We offer a rich menu – such as our lunchtime starter of liver pate with pear confit, sirloin Carpaccio, and chilli shrimps. For main courses, it's a tough decision choosing between our renowned Café Noir schnitzels - chicken breast, pork, or milk-fed veal - and the meat dishes, lamb kebabs, hamburgers, entrecote. Fish, salads and seafood are always reliable options.
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Every few months I enjoy going to Cafe Noir. Consistent and good, although it can be a bit pricey. The service is almost always excellent. However, one comment for some reason when telling us about the daily specials (we were seated far away from the board where they are written) our server did not tell us the prices and we needed to ask. I find this somewhat uncomfortable. Besides that (and the only reason it is not five stars) it was a very pleasant dining experience. Much recommended!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Since I'm not a big town dweller, I regard any night out in TA as a treat.
And dining out with a couple of friends, Cafe Noir was a excellent choice - great food, professional service, wonderful ambience.

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Only almost perfect because I didn't have an espresso after my lunch. I did have the denise with pumpkin rissoto, a glass of Israeli chardonnay and a mini chocolate mouse. Total bill was 132 nis (about $35) and well worth it. Everything was perfectly cooked, the service correct and professional. I'm already trying to figure out when I can go again.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Had fun and enjoyed my lunch
Good coffee
Good spot for dated, meetings or family... I think!
I wasn't too ambitious with m order but everything was good and was served promptly

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Nice atmosphere and solid food..nothing outstanding, but what they make is good...The Schnitzel is very popular there (Vienna style, thin and large)