Book In Advance
Tours from My Israeli Guide tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews fun person wonderful stories great person story telling his knowledge great sense of humor answering questions religious sites israel trip new testament current events biblical history his passion western wall tel aviv and jaffa golan heights full day tour
Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I spent several days travelling with Samuel on a recent trip to Israel. From first contact, he helped organise our itinerary. We spent time in Tel Aviv, Rosh Pina and Jerusalem, with several stops along the way. He is very knowledgeable with an easy sense of humour and you can’t help but feel relaxed in his company. He takes a great pride in his story telling and brought to life the history of the places we visited. Nothing seems too much trouble, and on learning of my interest in birds, we made a managed impromptu stop at a wildlife sanctuary in Hula where we saw thousands of migrating cranes - a truly memorable sight! The hours spent travelling in the car were filled with conversations on many subjects - politics, music and family amongst others. An added pleasure was that Samuel and my husband shared a love of the same football team! What more could you ask for?

1  Thank JanetLCheshire
Samuel G, Owner at My Israeli Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thanks so much for your very kind review! I had a wonderful time exploring Israel with you both and I'm delighted that you enjoyed your trip so much. I was really happy that we were able to tweak the itinerary and fit in a viewing of the bird migration - it's really important for me to remain as flexible as possible and be in touch with what people love doing. And it was indeed a magnificent sight! I hope to be able to welcome you back to Israel in the future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A very thorough and worthwhile tour of the Old City, extremely well managed and explained to us by Samuel.

Samuel G, Owner at My Israeli Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thanks for this kind review! I'm delighted that you enjoyed the tour so much and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Israel in the future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My 14 year old son Samuel and I visited Israel for a week in October 2018.
We spent a full day with Samuel, walking through Jerusalem, visiting the usual sights, but Samuel had prepared well for my son's special interest in the crusader time. We went off the normal tracks often to find pieces related to that era specifically.
His knowledge was amazing, we were often mesmerised by the way the stories were told and his focus on 'fact or faith' was more then refreshing.
At the end he summarised the tour, something so simple yet so effective, to make sure the day was closed off properly. What a true professional.
I hope to spend more time with Samuel in the future and would wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone interested in a guide who is openminded, challenging yet factual about the sights.
Thank you Samuel !

Thanks for your very kind review! I had a great time with you and your son and enjoyed being able to tailor our time in Jerusalem to fit in your son's interest in the crusades. I'm glad you enjoyed the stories and our theme, and indeed would be delighted to welcome you back to Israel in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Given its historical and religious significance and the many must-see sites, any tour of Jerusalem may best be served by a three to five day visit. But when time is a factor there is surely no better way than to enlist the services of a guide who really knows his subject, is insightful and informative and who seeks to provide a balanced and educated view.Samuel Green was our guide and he led, sped and, on occasion, dragged our large group through the crowds to provide us with a concise but satisfying excursion of this magical city in one day. Descending from the Mount of Olives, through the garden of Gethsemane, retracing steps along the Via Dolorosa and visiting the Church of the Holy Sepulchre were just some of the many highlights of a busy and enlightening day. Thanks to Samuel and our driver - a tour to be highly recommended.

Thanks so much for your very kind review. I'm really pleased that you felt that you were able to enjoy and appreciate Jerusalem on our trip, despite the unusually large crowds! I very much enjoyed exploring with you and hope to be able to welcome you back to Israel in the future - we've still got a lot to discover.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Encyclopedic level of historical, religious and archeological knowledge presented very well and easy to understand to a large group on a BUSY DAY. A Gentleman Scholar!

Thanks so much for this kind review and high compliments! I had a great time exploring Jerusalem with you all and am delighted that you enjoyed yourselves. I hope to be able to welcome you back here in the future!

Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

My friend and I booked a private tour of Israel with Samuel, and we are so happy that we did. Samuel helped us plan our trip so that we could see all and only the sites that we wanted to see while avoiding sites in which we were not interested. Samuel’s planning was meticulous, and in our five-day tour with Samuel, we were able to see all of the major religious sites in Israel as well as many historical sites. Never once, though, did we feel rushed, nor did we ever feel that the tour was moving too slowly or dragging.

Samuel’s knowledge of both the ancient history of Israel and contemporary history of the modern state is encyclopedic. He is extremely well read and knowledgeable about even the most seemingly trivial details.

Moreover, Samuel is quite affable and gregarious with a great sense of humor yet without being intrusive. He’s just a genuinely fun person with whom to hang out.

Just as an aside to show what a great guide Samuel is, he asked before the trip even began if my friend and I had any dietary restrictions, and I let him know that I am vegan. Samuel went out of his way to make sure that every restaurant in which we dined was one that had vegan options. Not once did I have any problems finding something that I could eat–and something quite good as well.

Should any of my friends or family members travel to Israwl in the future, I will very strongly advise them to book a private tour with Samuel Green.

1  Thank Travis V
Samuel G, Owner at My Israeli Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks so much for this very kind review! I'm delighted that you enjoyed the pace of the tour and felt that we were really able to tailor things to exactly what you wanted - it's always my priority. And of course this goes down to the details about the dietary restrictions and I'm pleased that you were able to enjoy some of the great vegan food this country has to offer. I very much enjoyed exploring with you both - it was certainly a very good humoured few days!. I hope to be able to welcome you back to Israel in the future.

Reviewed September 12, 2018

A few months back my partner and I were lucky enough to have spent a day with Samuel in Tel Aviv. The tour began in Jaffa where Samuel explained the historical significance of the city. At every point Samuel was sure to weave anecdotes, witty tales, and interesting facts into the more serious history of the port.

I had previously been in touch with Samuel and explained that we had a keen interest in the food culture of the city. Samuel went to great lengths to make sure we were not disappointed. We went to Hatikvah market (less touristy than The Carmel market). This was undoubtedly a highlight of the whole trip. Samuel had an deep understanding of the market, its traders and history and this meant that we were able to sample the all of the market's culinary delights - the best Halva we have ever tasted, sabich, and a slightly baffling mixture of Shakshuka and hummus at the counter of a restaurant where everyone was dancing on tables by the end of the meal.

After this we meandered through the streets around Rothschild in historical Tel Aviv where Samuel used the architecture and cityscape to tell us about the foundations of the State of Israel.

We then ended the tour in a frozen yoghurt shop where Samuel kindly stayed behind for quite some time and answered the multitude of questions we had on the back of everything that we had seen that day.

What was obvious to us was that for Samuel this was more than a job. But rather an opportunity to show and explain the country that he cares so passionately about to visitors such as ourselves. We left with an appetite to learn more, visit the country again, and go on more tours with Samuel! We couldn't recommend him highly enough.

1  Thank DanielMorgen123
Samuel G, Owner at My Israeli Guide, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Thanks so much for your very kind review! I really enjoyed showing you both around Jaffa & Tel Aviv and am delighted that you enjoyed it so much. I'm also thrilled that you enjoyed the food tour so much - it's a lot of pressure to do a culinary tour for the owner of a Michelin star restaurant but the food here is really special and I love the Hatikva market - I'm glad you both did too.

I always feel happy when it's clear that my passion comes through, I feel very fortunate to enjoy my job so much. I hope to welcome you back here in the future to continue to explore history, culture and of course food!

Reviewed September 11, 2018

I had such an incredible experience having Samuel as our tour educator of the Birthright trip that a was a staff of! Aside from being an absolute pleasure to work with, he was so knowledgable about every site we visited, as well as the history of Israel. It was my 6th time visiting Israel, and my 5th time being on an organized trip of Israel, but I learned so many new fascinating facts about Israel that I had never known before. He taught me new things about each place that we visited even if I had already been to those places. I even learned so many interesting facts on the bus rides between different sites. He also has a great sense of humour and made our trip a lot of fun! Samuel has a great personality, and he is a pleasure to learn from, be around, and he even has a secret talent of freestyle rapping! I highly recommend contacting Samuel for a tour of Israel! He made our trip so incredible and it wouldn't have been the same with any other guide!

Thanks so much for your very kind review! I'm honoured that even though it was your 6th trip, you felt that I was able to expand your knowledge and help you have a great experience. I very much enjoyed partnering with you to make the trip to success and hope to be able to welcome you back to Israel in the future!

Reviewed August 29, 2018

I was fortunate enough to have Samuel as my tour guide on birthright. He is very knowledgable, friendly and has great connections to make the trip that much more enjoyable. I highly recommend him as a guide.

Thanks so much for your very kind review! I'm delighted that you enjoyed our time together so much and I hope to welcome you back here in the future!

Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

Samuel gave us an indepth and thoughtful tour of Jaffa. His approach was original and refreshing—a bit of humor and story telling to keep it lively, which was helpful given the heat. We recommend highly.

Thanks so much for your very kind review! I really enjoyed meeting you and your family and answering your very intelligent questions. I am delighted that you enjoyed the tour in Jaffa and hope to be able to welcome you back to Israel in the future!